1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Daily "Mens Clothing" and "Streetwear and Denim" Fit Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by F. Corbera, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Parker wins. I just don't like the top half of the MC fit. Maybe if he didn't look like he was trying to match it to his shoes or changed up his pose it'd look better.

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I prefer Parker's fit because he has made it clear to us that he possesses a pair of hands. Though if he continues his nail biting habit, that may not continue to be the case.

With Furo, however, there is some ambiguity. He could remove his arms from his pockets and reveal a pair of bloody stumps or worse, reveal that he never had hands his entire life. Which would force me to imagine him going through childhood and early adulthood begging his peers to help him open doors, lift silverware, and get dressed (which probably explains the red t-shirt).

I have sympathy for the handless. Really, I do. But I would rather go through my Sunday knowing that the SFers who appear on my screen fully and unambiguously own a pair of hands.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Another vote for Parker. Love the fit of the jeans. Furo's cuffs are a little too large for me, although I like the attention it brings to the cool shoes.

4. ma1

ma1 Senior member

+1 parker. Furo looks like he's about to topple over. Also like he's dressed by the internet circa 2007.

5. johanm

johanm Senior member

Parker's fit looks infinitely cooler to me. I have never understood the appeal of the workwear / Americana look (cuffed jeans, Indys/red wings, red t-shirt).

6. the shah

the shah Senior member

those aldens are weird. the contrast stitching is not too appealing to me. i don't care for massive cuffs. red shirt isn't contrasting enough with the rest of the outfit.peacocking pose is awkward. parker would win by default i think, but it's just a lot cleaner, the sneakers are great (slim raf , it would seem, plain white is best, plain black too, then tricky but some others can be great), white tee adds nice contrast, and the aggressive [rick] leather just blends into the outfit.

that said, i wouldn't mind the aldens to go hiking in :D

7. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I don´t think furo looks bad. I like the look; jacket´s nice, jeans too, but he happens to be paired with a master. Parker just nails the cool factor with the leather jacket + white tee. The jeans fit great and the sneakers are pretty solid. Vote for Mr. Parker.

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

another pass

9. Miran2

Miran2 Senior member

F. Corbera, this exercise is starting to completely lose its point...

There is nothing particularly "MC" about the fit on the left....there is nothing particular "SW&D" about the fit on the right.
    In fact, both seem SW&D...hardly surprising since it's the weekend...I would go so far as to say the furo "MC" fit is has more hallmarks of SW&D hipster culture...the Alden 403s, the cuffed jeans....than the parker "SW&D fit"....

This has come down to just comparing similar fits from two people...one who posts on MC vs one who posts on SW&D....I take it today is casual short jacket and jeans....yesterday was shirt, chinos, and some sort of jacket or vest...the day before was jacket, tailored vs unstructured....and this is totally off the point of the fundamental difference between MC and SW&D since the fits are not representative at all...

1 person likes this.
  10. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Miran, you miss lots of points here. These are both people trying to do the same kind of thing (simple and effortless, basically), but Parker nails it. It's not that Furo's is terrible, it's just... unstylish (and is this case, the pose serves only to emphasize this). I don't think this is because it is 'workwear' or 'Americana' - that can be done well, but there has to be a bit more commitment to the look than this.

11. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

12. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

Parker

13. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

In this pic..

I think in the bottom picture, the people are wearing the clothes.

On the top picture, the clothes are wearing the people.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

the furo vs Parker matchup is interesting, because a) Parker is wearing recognizable designs, big dollar, and they're not exactly new either - so I guess they have some staying power, rarer on this side of the fence... and b) Parker's fit is OTR stuff, but it should be noted that Rick Owens and Dior Homme is not democratic in fit - rather the opposite, and it takes a certain figure and knowledge of one's self to wear it well. Dior Homme denim is still after many years almost impossible to replicate the exact fit of, and it also doesn't really translate to real-world photos that well but always looks great in person. The seat fit and the leg taper are so key. Anyway, that said - it has the cachet and the baller status without being flashy, hits the right buttons, and the fitment is calculated but doesn't look it - these are all the things the MC guys like right?

furo looks so anonymous, it's just a bunch of clothes put together to me. There's no apparent aim.

2 people like this.
  15. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Some.

16. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Parker hands down

Furo's giant cuffs and ugly shoes kill his fit. Not really a fan of the tee either, tho the jacket is ok

17. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

+1

18. the shah

the shah Senior member

silly greek, the point is that MC is about vox, and soon SWD will too be about vox.

6 people like this.
  19. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

MC version of this thread is mind-boggling to me. Is stacking really so absurd that people can't understand it?

20. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

definitely. nobody wants to look like the michelin man. amirite