• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike just released a Ronaldinho tribute boot that looks gorgeous. I still remember this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Real was super butthurt. They sent out a press bulletin with timestamps and everything lol

One of my favourite bits was Real complaining that Man U took so long to register Navas on the online system that they weren't left enough time to complete De Gea's registration. I hadn't realized that both clubs were apparently working at the same internet-enabled public library computer. Perhaps Real can use some of the millions they saved to buy their own computer and sign up for AOL.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't this all because Real didn't want to start talks until the day of? or was it ManU?

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wasn't this all because Real didn't want to start talks until the day of? or was it ManU?

In Real's official ten-point manifesto, they criticized Man U for not contacting them until the morning of deadline day. Which left all of us scratching our heads to understand why on earth the selling club would need to reach out to the buying club.

According to Man U, Real waited until 12:45 pm on deadline day to make an official offer.

While I stand by my initial stance that both clubs deserve nothing but ridicule in this situation, either version of the above makes Real look like idiots.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
United didn't want to sell him anyway, so they got what they wanted.

Yep, and that scrawny bastard better wipe away his tears and be ready to play. Every time a back pass has been played to Romero, my heart stops beating.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In Real's official ten-point manifesto, they criticized Man U for not contacting them until the morning of deadline day. Which left all of us scratching our heads to understand why on earth the selling club would need to reach out to the buying club.

This is what I originally thought, but assumed I had missed something.

Guess not.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cha-ching. De Gea has cashed in with a new contract at Man U after apparently becoming convinced that Real had fucked him over by not signing him.

Ed Woodward is now a genius again on the binary idiot-genius scale of public figures.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And Courtois out for 4 months. Everything falling against Chelski right now.

masaccio

Reaction score
Begovic' choice to move to Chelsea doesn't seem so terrible after all.

I think GK is the least of Chelsea's worries at this stage in the league.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
captain tap-in ronaldo is at it hard again. last year 85% of his goals were tap-ins within the box, and now he's off padding stats again:

adjusting well for his age now, as he knows he can't rely of sheer pace forever (something that bale should be thinking about already but it's less likely since his control is non-existent -- just kicking the ball and catching up to it) and having the team play for him helps. even the "main striker" benzema speaks about his first instinct being to look for ronnie.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads