1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official 2016/2017 Football / Soccer / Fútbol / Futebol / Voetbal / Fußball Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior Member

3-0.

Imagine if they lose this.

2. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member

If that happened, then Lebron would rightfully go down as the greatest player in history. But sadly it’s too big an ask even for him. I hope he joins Houston and kicks their ass next year.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

That would definitely top Jordan's 6-0 finals record in my mind.

As much as I would love to have Lebron on the Rockets, I don't see it happening. Forcing 3 max contract guys on 1 team is going to kill the depth. Someone is going to have to take a paycut for it to happen and it's not going to be Harden as he just reupped at the supermax.

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

Coming back from a 3-0 deficit with his current supporting cast would be extremely impressive, but I'm not sure how much it really moves the needle in the greatest of all time talk. It'd be an incredible, herculean individual effort worthy of the utmost respect, but I can only see it putting him in greatest of all time status if you already think it's neck and neck with someone else and he just needs one more impressive accomplishment to take the crown.

I don't know exactly where I rank LeBron. Easily top 10 in history. Probably top 5. His competition in my mind there is Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, Russell, and Chamberlain. Each has (and probably will always have) some argument over LeBron. Of course, the whole "finals losses" argument that people use to attack LeBron is dumb too (it's not more impressive for your legacy to lose before the finals). It's like saying Argentina has been less impressive in the World Cup than Uruguay (to bring this back to soccer in a roundabout way) because they are 2-3 in the final (and thus made it there 5 times) and Uruguay is 2-0.

5. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior Member

Well that's the end of that.

6. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

I know this thread is dead (was there even a 2018-2019 one started :confused2:?), but CR7 just brought Juve back into CL contention. Adios Atleti...:bored: