1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official 2016/2017 Football / Soccer / Fútbol / Futebol / Voetbal / Fußball Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by El Argentino, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ilclassico

ilclassico Well-Known Member

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

And now he’s gone! No mention of what he plans to do other than leave Real.

3. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member

Im prophetic!

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

Watching that play, I definitely think Ramos knew exactly what he was doing. Watching Salah go out like that was brutal and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the final. It didn't help that Liverpool's GK played probably the worst game of his life. A goal is a goal when it comes to winning, but I like to see quality ones.

Agreed on Ronaldo too. Fantastic player, but infuriating and childish at times. There are amazing clutch goals he produces, but then there's their first CL final against Atletico where he celebrated a meaningless 118th minute penalty (turned a 3-1 lead to a 4-1) lead like he'd scored the winning goal.

Gareth Bale had a fantastic game, though. That bicycle kick goal was spectacular. It pains me to say it, but Madrid was the better team (who knows what Salah might have done, but we can't get much from speculation there) and deserved the win in the end.

5. ilclassico

6. Texasmade

Zidane looks disconnected almost all the time. That's been his look ever since he became the Real coach.

7. ilclassico

Totally but what you missing is that he left juventus which is basically where he spend a large chunk of his life for real and was preaty much happy about it, to move to a team that would win champions league. I think finishing third in the Spanish league and dealing with president pressures, and looking forward past the jump start point is the reason but that's my opinion.

Last edited: May 31, 2018

8. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

I haven't seen anything reported about this (at least in the U.S. press, which isn't saying much), but all the doormen in our building were claiming that Karius was 'concussed' by Ramos and that was the reason he caused/let in those 2 bloopers. A couple of minutes before the Benzema goal you see Ramos' elbow/shoulder smash into his head.

Agreed, credit to Bale, but Liverpool became a different team after Salah went off.

9. Veremund

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there were lingering effects from an intentional Ramos elbow for Karius. But I can’t also imagine the simply the pressure of a CL final against RM also went far to contributing to short circuiting some of his brain wiring as well.

But yeah, totally in character for Ramos to cheap shot the keeper like that. Disgusting.

10. ilclassico

That does not make any sense. If it was a serious injury or affecting his decision he would have called the manager in regard to get replaced and is not only one mistake he made not to realize it. Ramos has become favorite scapegoat and Ramos is a dirty player.

11. Veremund

I want Wenger to go to Real now!

12. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Distinguished Member

You must be a closet cule. Wenger to Real. Ramos a villain and not fit for the whites. SMH.

13. Veremund

I don’t even understand what your wrote.

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

O, all ye that besmirch our Lord and Savior, Sergio Ramos... go kick rocks.

He's a master of the dark arts, yes, but he's my master of the dark arts. Every team would love to have a player like him, in the mold of Graeme Souness, et al, that walks that line.

And I don't want Wenger within the same city as Real. TBH, I don't want Poch either.

15. Texasmade

He's Real's version of Draymond Green.