• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'm not crazy about some of the louder stuff like that royal blue jacket or the madras and windowpane shirts coming out. Antonio's stuff is infinitely cooler but the shirts remind me of what I used to wear in high school/college years, stuff (the patterns) you'd find at J Crew, Polo, and Gap.

I hope it sells out so Antonio can keep production levels up. I feel the brands strengths are in their more muted colorways and designs. It's so damn hard to find a good kurta, I'm sad I missed out on the one that just dropped. Barena/Massimo Alba/Officine Generale kurtas run slim and sizing up results in long sleeves and body. The dimensions on 18 East stuff are so much better, even sized up. More kurtas please.

single origin

Reaction score
IMG_1848.PNG

This is sooo sick!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have bet my life on this.

Not sure whether I can tell you are throwing shade haha.

On a hot, hot, hot day, or when you are on a boat fishing, there is not much that is better.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'm not crazy about some of the louder stuff like that royal blue jacket or the madras and windowpane shirts coming out. Antonio's stuff is infinitely cooler but the shirts remind me of what I used to wear in high school/college years, stuff (the patterns) you'd find at J Crew, Polo, and Gap.

I hope it sells out so Antonio can keep production levels up. I feel the brands strengths are in their more muted colorways and designs. It's so damn hard to find a good kurta, I'm sad I missed out on the one that just dropped. Barena/Massimo Alba/Officine Generale kurtas run slim and sizing up results in long sleeves and body. The dimensions on 18 East stuff are so much better, even sized up. More kurtas please.

If you're thinking about us as a compliment brand to the ones you mentioned above you're kind of missing the point of what we do. That was Eidos. This next drop is essentially late 90's Droors colors, which were a bite from Polo Sport. Not sure when you went to high school/college but if it was then, then that is exactly what I was going for, except all woven by hand. Rest assured, you'll get quieter colors come September, but we just came off an army green/black/natural story, and it's August. See you in the fall.

Not sure whether I can tell you are throwing shade haha.

On a hot, hot, hot day, or when you are on a boat fishing, there is not much that is better.

Not at all. I spent solid chunks of every summer from ages 3-23 in south coastal Georgia and one of my groomsman is from Baton Rouge. I know you are from LA and I am well aware of the prevalence of the PFG down there. This is one of my favorite things we've done so far. Will be running it in black in the fall as well. Very psyched on it as a shirt jacket over a tee.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at all. I spent solid chunks of every summer from ages 3-23 in south coastal Georgia and one of my groomsman is from Baton Rouge. I know you are from LA and I am well aware of the prevalence of the PFG down there. This is one of my favorite things we've done so far. Will be running it in black in the fall as well. Very psyched on it as a shirt jacket over a tee.

Didn't know that! Small world. Yeah, I think this looks really cool. Something familiar but a little different.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're thinking about us as a compliment brand to the ones you mentioned above you're kind of missing the point of what we do. That was Eidos. This next drop is essentially late 90's Droors colors, which were a bite from Polo Sport. Not sure when you went to high school/college but if it was then, then that is exactly what I was going for, except all woven by hand. Rest assured, you'll get quieter colors come September, but we just came off an army green/black/natural story, and it's August. See you in the fall.

I went to school in the late 90s/early 2000s. Looking back my sense of fashion was a disaster that made me never want to wear anything remotely similar again. Polo Sport is a better comparison, I still have a handful of their jackets and tees at my parent's house. It makes sense now that that is what you were going for. Just not my cup of tea. Outside of the shelter shorts and double knees, I will save my money for the fall drops. Thanks.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to be a big Barena fan but their last few seasons really haven't vibed with me at all. They had some great stuff peak #menswear but lately it seems more like some odd almost streetwearish kind of stuff. But either way I don't see much of anything I own from them working with anything from 18 east. Probably the only thing that works would be throwing my bal coat over it. The silhouettes and textures are just so different.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, when is all this stuff dropping? This week or next (I’m guessing next)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads