• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be a big Barena fan but their last few seasons really haven't vibed with me at all. They had some great stuff peak #menswear but lately it seems more like some odd almost streetwearish kind of stuff. But either way I don't see much of anything I own from them working with anything from 18 east. Probably the only thing that works would be throwing my bal coat over it. The silhouettes and textures are just so different.

I haven't really paid attention to the brand in a few years. I only brought them up because they are one of the few companies that makes decent kurtas and band collar shirts. Their robe coat from 4 or 5 years ago was dope, sad I outgrew it. I can see that and a few of their things from that timeframe going with 18 east, but yea it is different overall.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't really paid attention to the brand in a few years. I only brought them up because they are one of the few companies that makes decent kurtas and band collar shirts. Their robe coat from 4 or 5 years ago was dope, sad I outgrew it. I can see that and a few of their things from that timeframe going with 18 east, but yea it is different overall.

My favorite stuff from Barena are their knit blazers, I own 3 of them in different colors. So good. I could probably pull one of those off over the khadi work pants, maybe, or the linen shelter shorts.

But yeah, I've found that if I'm gonna wear 18 East with anything, japanese brands like kapital and visvim jive so much better. That being said, 18 east totally has it's own vibe that's different (and refreshing) from pretty much any other brand I've come across -- not that I'm super knowledgable.

Symphony

Reaction score
My favorite stuff from Barena are their knit blazers, I own 3 of them in different colors. So good. I could probably pull one of those off over the khadi work pants, maybe, or the linen shelter shorts.

But yeah, I've found that if I'm gonna wear 18 East with anything, japanese brands like kapital and visvim jive so much better. That being said, 18 east totally has it's own vibe that's different (and refreshing) from pretty much any other brand I've come across -- not that I'm super knowledgable.

Yeah, I've been wearing my 18E stuff with a lot of outdoorsy stuff as well (recently started getting heavy into Gorpcore).

Patagonia Mango Baggies + my Navy Radiance Hoodie is the mood for today

Symphony

Reaction score
Also, when is all this stuff dropping? This week or next (I’m guessing next)

I’m gonna go on a limb and say half of it next week and the other half in the fall. There’ll probably at least 2 drops this month.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Kindred Spirits stuff, knit restocks and bottoms we’ve previewed on IG will be next week. Everything else later.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hm outstanding wishlist until the fall:

- fishing shirt
- double knees (olive)
- plaid dolman sleeve

I'm sure there's more to be seen. It's so hard to be judicious because I feel like saving for the fall will pay off too. I don't know if I have that much more room in my closet lol!

platinumtooth

Reaction score
For me, colorways were always:

Droors/Aesthetics > I Path/Habitat

But different strokes, different folks-glad we can all have some options. (esp that ******* gorgeous electric blue!!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads