• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ May NPC - Temporary Management; New Rules

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not take your belts to a shoe repair shop and have them shortened? Easy to do and only costs a few bucks. IMO that would
be easier to justify the emergency funds for.

Congrats by the way on the weight loss. I've been losing weight recently and know the frustration of nothing fitting well all of a sudden. I can't wait to stabilize in a couple months so I can replace/alter stuff.
Honestly, it never even occurred to me that I could do that. I have a black belt that is too big also (same as my brown one). I don't really need a black belt at this point (don't wear black shoes very often), so I'll take it to a place at the end of the month.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@msulinski: Go get your old belt shortened. Don't wear the new belt and keep the receipt. At the end of the month, decide whether or not you want to keep the new belt. If you don't, exchange it for something you do want (or even better, just return it).

@Beatle: They are indeed gorgeous. And you should hold off until the 28th to buy them. Just think about how much sweeter it'll be. Also, I don't know if Epaulet charges tax, but if it does, it'll be a bit cheaper to order from Unipair (10% VAT deduction plus free shipping). Just suggesting this out of loyalty (they're the only Seoul based Affiliate Vendor).

Members on Probation:
zzzzap
msulinski (tbd)

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@msulinski: Go get your old belt shortened. Don't wear the new belt and keep the receipt. At the end of the month, decide whether or not you want to keep the new belt. If you don't, exchange it for something you do want (or even better, just return it).

@Beatle: They are indeed gorgeous. And you should hold off until the 28th to buy them. Just think about how much sweeter it'll be. Also, I don't know if Epaulet charges tax, but if it does, it'll be a bit cheaper to order from Unipair (10% VAT deduction plus free shipping). Just suggesting this out of loyalty (they're the only Seoul based Affiliate Vendor).

Members on Probation:
zzzzap
msulinski (tbd)
Its too late. I wore it out of the store because I really did need it to hold my pants up. I'll take a look and see if it has a kink in it yet.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If not, water under the bridge. Post a picture of just how badly you needed the belt (how loose it was with the previous belt) to qualify as a good use of the emergency fund. Then you'll be off probation.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just double checked the sizes on those dub monks from Epaulet, and they don't have my size in stock, so I dodged a bullet there :)

@ Claghorn - Epaulet does have no tax and free shipping since I'm out of state, so the price you see is the price you pay. Maybe they will restock these at some point so I can get my size when I'm not in the NPC.

I am intrigued by Unipair tho, I have been following their thread closely. Those women's Carmina jodhpurs would make an excellent gift for the wife.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How does Unipair's collection stack up with Epaulet? I've taken the SO once; she vociferously proclaimed that the Carminas were not her style and she just wants some TOMS.

I don't know whether to envy your wife's taste or pity your wallet ^_^

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E seconds sale. Feeling desperate to buy at least a couples of pairs of shoes. Why ae , why this month? The sale ends on 27th May and sizing will run out soon. Help me god to stay strong. If I slip blame god or perhaps ae for having a sale!

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think they have those sales pretty often. I'm sure if you pass this month, there will be another soon.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They have them at least three times a year. Stay strong, md. Ideally you'll use this opportunity to figure out which shoes you need and which shoes are being lusted after simply because the opportunity exists.

Seriously, hold off on them. "Desperate" is never a good state of mind from which to make a purchase.

Also, I'm granting CBSings the newly created rank of Enforcer.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does Unipair's collection stack up with Epaulet? I've taken the SO once; she vociferously proclaimed that the Carminas were not her style and she just wants some TOMS.

I don't know whether to envy your wife's taste or pity your wallet ^_^

Unfortunately Epaulet discontinued their women's line. They have a few things left in the sale section of their website but that's it - my wife wanted to try a pair of Carmina but there's nothing left in her size unfortunately, so Unipair may be my best bet for that. Oh, and she also has 4 pairs of Tom's, haha.

As far as men's stuff, Epaulet has a ton of Carmina now, they've really been expanding their business with them. They do a ton of MTO styles as well.

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I will start with a little story. I wear eye prescription glasses or contacts. My current glasses are about 6+ years old. The lenses are badly scratched up. On the right lens the scratches are so bad in the main focus that I am unable to drive wearing this pair anymore. Also the pair has gone green in many parts !
So last night I have purchased a pair of eye glasses(Giorgio Armani) for $79 + $20 shipping from gilt. I think this is not a clothing related item and this was long over due. I have been wasting money in clothing's and been neglecting a necessary item. I tried to take a picture of my scratched up lens.
I was tempted to buy other clothing items since I was paying for $20 shipping anyway. But stayed strong . So in my point of view I am still in the NPC may club.
My old one -

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is harder than I thought, an SC, very cheap… I don't need it, must resist!

Stay strong. Every good deal you may pass will make your willpower muscle stronger !
I am still feeling a bit guilty about the eye glasses. But I needed them badly. And to add a bit more since my glasses were so bad I had to wear contacts most of the time and had multiple corneal ulcer in last 2 years. Even cheap good frames are $100. So I think it was a wise purchase. I planned to buy them for a long time but couldn't justify paying more than $100 for a frame. I will add lens them next month.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corneal_ulcer

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Medical, not sartorial. Need established. Purchase approved.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads