• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ May NPC - Temporary Management; New Rules

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Which is why you are still a member. If pushups were all it took to make a purchase, we'd be making purchases left and right. HB is going to need to do pushups to not get removed entirely or make a donation to be back in good standing. I know your purchase was a bit more than HB's, so if you donate half the amount of the hat, you get restored to full standing.

Speaking of. HARVEY---WHAT WILL IT BE?

DONATION AND SAVE YOUR SOUL?

PUSHUPS FOR PARTIAL REDEMPTION?

EXILE AND DAMNATION!?!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll do the donation. Give me till Saturday, it's a Relay for Life weekend anyway.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost bought a pair of raw denim jeans today (Levi's 505). I held off and will consider if I really need them. The only jeans I have are crap (from Target of all places), but they fit.

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands of straight-fit raw denim that can accommodate someone with thicker thighs and calves? I may still end up with a pair at the end of the month.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I almost bought a pair of raw denim jeans today (Levi's 505). I held off and will consider if I really need them. The only jeans I have are crap (from Target of all places), but they fit.

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands of straight-fit raw denim that can accommodate someone with thicker thighs and calves? I may still end up with a pair at the end of the month.

if you are planning to pay regular price ; then you may as well buy them at the end of the month,
And first time ever in last 2 years purchase free month...so far !

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet is releasing a pair of raw denim next month in their Rivet chino cut. I can't wear really skinny denim, but their chinos fit me relatively well, so I'm gonna give those a try when they come out.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think this has been a pretty good month for all of us so far. Only 9 more days until we can purchase. I need to figure out my list of what I'm going to buy. I think that there might actually not be anything, so I'll just reward myself for being a good boy with a Hober tie (because that's never a foolish purchase).

Also perhaps something from Wolf v Goat. I've signed up for their customer loyalty program but have yet to take advantage of it ($75 bucks gets you half off everything forever).

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a sport coat today. Despite not being planned, I think it was a smart purchase.

Recent weight loss has taken me from a 42 L to a 39 L, and I have no tailored clothes that fit me right now. I spotted this Southwick for $5 at Goodwill. Unstructured cotton, 3/2 roll, navy with white buttons, tagged 39 L and fits well off the rack—I couldn't pass it up. I only need a sport coat once a week right now, for church, and so this should tide me over until my weight stabilizes, at which point I'll probably buy a MTM Kent Wang suit and blazer.

If this doesn't qualify as an emergency fund purchase, I'll happily pay restitution.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
a) congrats on the weight loss
b) definitely a good find. I've noticed that the breaks in the NPC often come at thrift stores.
c) At 5 dollars, I'd make the donation. Pants not falling down is an emergency. An ill fitting coat for a single Sunday isn't.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold some more stuff today, feels good to clean out the closet and make some money back. Also, I got an MTO shirt in the mail yesterday that I paid for in early April. It was nice to get something during the month when I can't buy anything!

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this has been a pretty good month for all of us so far. Only 9 more days until we can purchase. I need to figure out my list of what I'm going to buy. I think that there might actually not be anything, so I'll just reward myself for being a good boy with a Hober tie (because that's never a foolish purchase).

Also perhaps something from Wolf v Goat. I've signed up for their customer loyalty program but have yet to take advantage of it ($75 bucks gets you half off everything forever).

I think you are managing NPC May really well. I think you should be proud that you are saving us a lot of $$ and also unnecessary(junk) items.
Well Done !!!

zzzzap

Reaction score

Which is why you are still a member. If pushups were all it took to make a purchase, we'd be making purchases left and right. HB is going to need to do pushups to not get removed entirely or make a donation to be back in good standing. I know your purchase was a bit more than HB's, so if you donate half the amount of the hat, you get restored to full standing.

I just made a donation for a friend of friend who was affected by the Oklahoma Tornado. Not sure if that counts.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It does; consider yourself off probation!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post this earlier, here is my wish list of items I'd like to buy, separated by items that are "needs" and others that are "nice-to-haves." The spreadsheet is complete with hyperlinks where available, and also includes items I already started buying a few months ago. I tried copying and pasting just the content into the reply box here, but the formatting got all screwed up. For those that care, the Excel sheet is attached here. Yes, I'm overly organized and anal retentive.

Actually, looking at this again, I should probably specify which shirts I need and move those from the nice-to-have section to the needs section. I really need some BD collar biz casual shirts, considering I only have one right now.

[ATTACHMENT=6369]wishlist.xlsx (16k. xlsx file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That. Is. Awesome.

For those of you who don't want to click....it's worth it.

Alright...my list.

For sure getting
White oxford cloth spread collar shirt
Cream oxford cloth spread collar shirt

On the fence
I really just want another Sam Hober. I'm thinking a dark gray grenadine would be nice (I don't have a black grenadine, but I have a black knit, so I don't think I could justify a black grenadine.

Dark Gray and Black that I already have:

Thank god for NPC
So Gatsby was atrocious, but for the first few days after, I really liked the contrast rounded collar that Nick Carraway had at one point; I was going to get something like this:

in a lighter blue to wear with a linen jacket, but I realized after about a week that it was essentially a single outfit shirt and would be a foolish commission.

I also came close to pulling the trigger on a couple Drakes ties that would've been redundant.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads