• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

◕ ‿ ◕ May NPC - Temporary Management; New Rules

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like you were definitely overdue for a new pair. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, eagerly awaiting a picture of msulinski's pants falling around his ankles too big belt.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, eagerly awaiting a picture of msulinski's pants falling around his ankles too big belt.
Your eagerness makes me a little hesitant to post, but here goes:

Too-big belt. Not terrible, but you can see that it just kind of hangs there. It is not able to assist in holding up the pants.

New belt: You can see that it is actually snug and can apply pressure to the waistband.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Good use of emergency funds; off probation

Last edited:

zzzzap

Reaction score
Claghorn meant to let you know I finished off my last 100 push-ups over the weekend.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting "wants" in this thread is a great way to get some perspective. So far, everything I've posted here this month I no longer want, with the exception of the Rancourt mocs, which I'm still considering.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm out. 2 brooks bros seersucker suits, one blue, one beige stripes, at the thrift shop. Regularly $14.99 each but Half Price Wednesday *****!

60A39EFA-0ACA-4A15-B0E3-7D8C52D9640E-5654-00000370ABFC124A_zps85eabf3f.jpg

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am still going strong. Resisted few temptations. One time even typed the credit card number then didn’t hit submit !!!
Hope to start building the bank balance again after 2 years of shopping madness !

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holding strong here as well - no purchases (even sold a few things on B&S!), and I also have some good job leads, so hopefully one of those pans out. With some steady income I'll be able to work on slowly building my wardrobe back up again.

I went through the whole noob life cycle years ago, and I'm at the point now where I really know what I want, and more importantly, what I need. I have a wish list of sorts, so when I'm ready to start buying stuff again, I'll refer to my list. If it's not on the list, purchase will not be made :)

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harvey: Donate the cash you saved because of half-off day and you're back in good standing.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Harvey: Donate the cash you saved because of half-off day and you're back in good standing.

Definitely. A 15 buck donation is totally doable. Also nice find. I'd say that two BB suits are worth 30 bucks (15 dollars for the suits, 15 dollars for the donation)

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holding strong here as well - no purchases (even sold a few things on B&S!), and I also have some good job leads, so hopefully one of those pans out. With some steady income I'll be able to work on slowly building my wardrobe back up again.

I went through the whole noob life cycle years ago, and I'm at the point now where I really know what I want, and more importantly, what I need. I have a wish list of sorts, so when I'm ready to start buying stuff again, I'll refer to my list. If it's not on the list, purchase will not be made
smile.gif

Post the list
nod[1].gif

Updated roster:

Members in Full Standing
Claghorn*
Man of Lint
ChetBakerSings
Ianiceman
harvey_birdman
mjd
msulinski**
md2010
bpa
PASstudy
Beatlegeuse
PMac
Waterloo
Da GOAT
Zzzzap

Members on Probation
Zzzzap
harvey_birdman

*lapsed but restored the balance with charity.
**used emergency funds

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Haven't done any maintenance this month so far, but donated $50 to my friend who is running in a breast cancer relay. My company does matching so threw in a further $50. Will need to shine my shells when I get home off this business trip, so should be in good standing on the not no purchasing side of NPC this month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads