• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to US or EU sizing? In general, I’d say IM is quite consistent to EU sizing. Not US.

confused—all of the IM knitwear I’ve purchased from NMWA is alpha sized. How is EU small different from US small?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused—all of the IM knitwear I’ve purchased from NMWA is alpha sized. How is EU small different from US small?
In my experience a US small typically correlates to a size 38" chest, while in European sizing a small is usually a 46 EU (which is about the same as a 36 US).

Just generally speaking, of course.

ReedCA

Reaction score
Trying to base a future purchased on the measurements of these Rota pants, but I can't find the exact pair/measurements online and don't trust myself to measure. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
They’re not a “named” model (Brooklyn, etc.) or labeled as higher rise, so probably the standard Rota cut. These should be the same, allowing for slight variation in fabric thickness.

IMG_0204.jpeg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably best for you to measure pants yourself and establish your preferred measurements based on things you can try on and feel

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Week 2! Its our first drops from fan-favorites Wythe and Beams+, alongside a pair of 3sixteen shirts and our full selection from Frank Leder.

I'll start with Beams+ though. This first drop is actually a really nice assortment that doesn't feel limited to just one category, so there is a bit of something for everyone. Now that I think about it, this week's drop from Wythe is the same.

The story here, as always with Beams+, is trad stuff though a playful and Japanese lens. I'm hesitant to use the word quirky because it feels so loaded, but... it's kind of quirky? I mean that in an endearing way, sincerely.

Beams_Plus_Japan_Fair_Isle_sweater_vest_in_green_wool_and_cotton_jacquard (7).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Fair_Isle_sweater_vest_in_grey_and_blue_wool_and_cotton_jacquard (8).jpg

Beams_Plus_Japan_Cricket_vest_in_navy_patchwork_wool (5).jpg

Kicking things off with knitwear, we have a trio of vests which have always been strong from them. The two fair isles are simply good looking, and would be great layered with so many different styles. The rugby sweater, if you look closely, has a sort of patchwork knit thing going on that plants this firmly in Beams+ territory.

Beams_Plus_Japan_Knit_polo_in_green_retro_stripe_wool (6).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Knit_polo_in_grey_retro_stripe_wool (3).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Knit_polo_in_ochre_and_mustard_retro_stripe_wool (5).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Knit_polo_in_ochre_and_mustard_retro_stripe_wool (2).jpg

the next trio are knit polos with these killer retro stripes. Every colorway is spot-on so use this as an opportunity to pick which one is yours and have your mind made up 😤

Beams_Plus_Japan_Military_flat_front_trousers_in_Sage_green_cotton_herringbone (9).jpg Beams Plus FW23 - 9.jpg

One pair of trousers in this drop - wide leg military trousers in HBT. Lovely sage color keeps them different enough from olive but still super easy to pair. These are actually one of Beams+'s most popular styles every season so it's fun to bring them to the States as well.

Beams_Plus_Japan_Balmacaan_coat_in_Harris_Tweed_black_and_grey_wool_patchwork (9).jpg Beams Plus FW23 - 4.jpg Beams Plus FW23 - 5.jpg

Aw yeah. Patchwork Harris Tweed Bal is back. Iconic Beams+ piece, and always turns heads. Greyscale version is new for us this season!

Beams_Plus_Japan_Classic_Horween_leather_belt_in_Black_with_engine-turned_plated_buckle (1).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Classic_Horween_leather_belt_in_Brown_with_engine-turned_plated_buckle (1).jpg

Always with the mid-century references, these Horween calf belts have very handsome engine-turned buckles that fit in really well with this whole universe.

Beams_Plus_Japan_Double-faced_scarf_in_Olive_boa_and_quilted_polyester (5).jpg

Fun boa scarf with a quilted side that gives a sort of helix twist to the usual onion quilt. Good stuff!
Beams_Plus_Japan_6-panel_baseball_cap_in_Camel_brown_water-repellent_suede (7).jpg

1695301018603.png

Beams_Plus_Japan_6-panel_baseball_cap_in_Green_corduroy (1).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_6-panel_baseball_cap_in_Golden_Brown_corduroy (3).jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_6-panel_baseball_cap_in_Navy_corduroy (5).jpg
Lastly, a few corduroy caps with repp stripe straps in the back. Playful and a little bit retro-prep. Works for me!

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, Wythe is our first delivery but it's a good variety so lots to love here.

Wythe_Pearlsnap_Western_shrt_in_royal_blue_cotton_moleskin (6).jpg Wythe_Pearlsnap_Western_shrt_in_turquoise_cotton_moleskin (7).jpg Wythe_Pearlsnap_Western_shrt_in_olive_cotton_moleskin (6).jpg

Moleskin pearlsnaps are back and how good are these colors? In retrospect turquoise is such an obvious choice that I'm surprised I haven't seen it before.

Wythe_Pearlsnap_Western_shrt_in_rinsed_indigo_cotton_denim (1).jpg

Denim pearlsnap is here too in a one-rinse wash with those beautiful MOP snaps that play so nicely off it.

Wythe_Washed_flannel_pearlsnap_shirt_in_Abiquiu_Sunset_plaid_cotton (7).jpg

Wythe_Washed_flannel_pearlsnap_shirt_in_Rogue_River_plaid_cotton (2).jpg

Plaid flannels are spot-on as well, with an incredible name for the pink colorway: Abiquiu sunset.

Wythe_Washed_flannel_workshirt_in_Logger_Plaid_cotton (7).jpg

One more flannel, this time in the workshirt style. As always, colors are perfect and ideal for the season.

Wythe_Classic_oxford_cloth_button_down_shirt_in_evergreen_stripe (6).jpg

New colorway for the classic oxford - evergreen stripe. Some of you might know that this is actually the core and origin story of Wythe!

Wythe_Five_pocket_pants_in_Bay_Brown_Japanese_bedford_cord (4).jpg

Bedford cord five pockets are back in that glorious nutmeg color.

Wythe_Five_pocket_pants_in_Marine_Blue_Italian_donegal_cotton_corduroy (4).jpg Wythe_Five_pocket_pants_in_Rolling_Sand_Italian_donegal_cotton_corduroy (1).jpg

We've also got two more fibe pockets, in that glorious Italian donegal corduroy.

Wythe_Ranch_jacket_in_Rolling_Sand_Italian_donegal_cotton_corduroy (9).jpg Wythe_Ranch_jacket_in_Marine_Blue_Italian_donegal_cotton_corduroy (9).jpg

And naturally we had to pick up the matching Ranch Jackets as well. Killer set-up in either color.

Wythe_Half-zip_collared_sweatshirt_in_faded_olive_cotton (7).jpg

A new style this season is this zippered pullover in sage green cotton jersey. I really like the way this was styled both over and under other shirts in the lookbook.

Wythe_Longsleeve_thermal_tee_in_cream_cotton_waffle (3).jpg

Another great piece for layering (or not!) is a cream colored waffle knit. Fits right in with the world of Wythe and easy to pair of course.

Wythe_Tubular_knit_pocket_tee_three-pack_in_natural_cotton (6).jpg

Lastly, those retro-inspired tubular knits are back, in a 3pack of cream. Real 1950s stuff here that will look great with simple jeans and shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads