• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever washed their S&C cardigans? I have had mine for years and haven’t washed/cleaned it and I don’t have any particular reason to but was just wondering what others have done when the time comes.

I've done a hot soak and then air dry, takes a bit of time but the dry cleaners completely shrunk my first S&C about two sizes so I've been too scared to go back.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Alocin i don't have an S&C cardigan but I have various thick, loose knits in my closet. I do a hand wash (just immerse in cold tapwater with a tiny bit of woolite if available, not enough to make suds, swirling the sweater in the water, no squeezing, twisting or rubbing) and then lay flat to dry.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Alocin i don't have an S&C cardigan but I have various thick, loose knits in my closet. I do a hand wash (just immerse in cold tapwater with a tiny bit of woolite if available, not enough to make suds, swirling the sweater in the water, no squeezing, twisting or rubbing) and then lay flat to dry.
I've done a hot soak and then air dry, takes a bit of time but the dry cleaners completely shrunk my first S&C about two sizes so I've been too scared to go back.

Thanks guys! I would be terrified to bring it to even my most trusted dry cleaner.

I usually have some Woolite dark on hand to use on denim so I will make note of these when I inevitably need to wash it.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter Sale starts 1/22. Start preparing your custom forms and alternative delivery sites for clearance. ??

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have done this with an S&C cardigan and there were no issues.

asandman

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever washed their S&C cardigans? I have had mine for years and haven’t washed/cleaned it and I don’t have any particular reason to but was just wondering what others have done when the time comes.

I still have the factory tag handy from one I picked up recently. It states "Immerse the garment in a mix of mild detergent (please no softener, they are soft enough already) and lukewarm water ensuring not to rub or wring. It is essential to rinse thoroughly and to dry the garment naturally on a flat surface, away from heat or sunlight."

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in case someone is still interested,

cadburyclinker

Reaction score
Hello friends - we want to give y’all more behind the scenes access this year, in particular as we go through buying season. But we kinda want to control that a bit and not broadcast to the whole world (or our 36k followers on IG). So I want to set up a “close friends” group on IG to do stories and lives that are not for public consumption.

if you want to be included and see those, please dm us on IG or post your IG handle below

sounds great, @leekspin
had my order from NMWA from the archives come in today... woohoo! perfect

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in case someone is still interested,

Not sure if it was sold out, but if somebody has the brick scarf - I'll take it off your hands!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this new Tony shirt.

4ECE83B3-1387-4A60-995B-F174D8A64367.jpeg

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the sizing like on the Doppiaa chenile sweatshirts? I wear a 40 in G. Inglese button downs and think sizing up to a 50 in the sweatshirt would work.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer curious did you try to wash this one yet? I got mine last week and size is just big enough so I'm concerned about the potential for shrink with the lyocell blend. I would probably exchange for a size up if it were still available...

Probably going to wash on cold. For some reason I feel like it probably will not shrink much. However, I could be wrong.

This is a great "winter" shirt for those of us in warmer climates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads