• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

patagonianwild

Reaction score
That Rota-mocha brown color pant is EXACTLY what I need. Same goes for sand beige - unfortunately my size is sold out. No possibility of these colors/fabrics being made possible as a MTO choice?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, garment dyed trousers are never available MTO or MTM. They're dyed in large batches and dying one pair at the time would be too expensive and also yield a different result (more washed look)

There are always several cotton swatches in the MTO options, just not garment dyed

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry to distract from the scantily clad pictures for a minute but here are a few (pretty bad) shots of the Lorenzo cut on me. I tried to show the chest swell on some pics but it's not easy to capture without a 3D view of things. Maybe that helps you guys understand what this cut looks like.
greg, that looks swell!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw another Niche fit pic in here; cross-post from SW&D WAYWT:

blKbyCC.jpg

Thanks for introducing me to Niche, NMWA :slayer:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually some stretching in the knees, but mostly they just look to big (like you could size down atleast 2 sizes)

If the waist is to tight in that case I'd probably advise you to try some other model of jeans

Funny, they're size 31, and I'm generally a 34+. That's in part indicative of how much New Standards stretch. Also, I have chicken legs, pretty much top to bottom, which is also a factor. At my age I'm not going to be wearing skinny jeans so that's not an option. I do have a few other makes (NMWA Big John among them, just to keep things a bit on point). I'd be curious to get your take on them as an objective observer. Also if there are other models that might be appropriate for my body type (there are some brands I've become interested in through perusing SW&D).

This likely is not the proper venue for that, however. Perhaps a visit to SW&D is in order.

How sizes fit are always interesting to me. I'm a 52 in the Rotas and the waist generally need to be nipped a bit. I'm generally around a 34 in jeans. These are APC NS size 35 after about 2 years (I do an initial soak and then wash decently regularly to keep the fades a lower contrast). I guess the washing keeps them from stretching out of control.

Bonus shot of NMWA Schneider, Farnese, and Buttero.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking good, Sotiris! I'm getting those Butteros the second they come back in stock.

If they ever do :(

I like these and the sand canvas with tan toe caps.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Butteros. I need some.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2 years and barely fading. How? Just initial hot soak?

Nothing special. I did an initial cold soak to set the dye. Have worn them several dozen times and wash them in the machine (on gentle) about as often as I would any other pair of jeans. They get worn to coach my son's baseball games as often as the get worn to the office, so keeping them clean is fairly important. I've done that with a few pairs of these and they all get the slow fade that way. I derived up my technique from NOBD several years back.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will try here for a sizing question on the nice Camoshita Capri collared shirts: for a 38 - 39 shirt (relatively slim build) would you go for a 48 or a 50?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt