• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 I have a question for you (or anyone else in this thread who knows). I’ve purchased this 3 pack from NMWA and am super happy with it. Have a friend who’s giving me **** about getting it and loopwheels being too expensive (I disagree wholeheartedly), that sent me a link to this listing from Franklin and Poe. Not at all unhappy with my purchase but I am curious, is there a difference between these shirts? Price difference seems big. Merz makes so many different loopwheel tees but they also all kinda look the same to me. Thanks

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 I have a question for you (or anyone else in this thread who knows). I’ve purchased this 3 pack from NMWA and am super happy with it. Have a friend who’s giving me **** about getting it and loopwheels being too expensive (I disagree wholeheartedly), that sent me a link to this listing from Franklin and Poe. Not at all unhappy with my purchase but I am curious, is there a difference between these shirts? Price difference seems big. Merz makes so many different loopwheel tees but they also all kinda look the same to me. Thanks

I’m not going to speak for no man’s pricing but I can right away see several areas in the business model that are different at F&P. I can assume those factors might account for the price difference.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not going to speak for no man’s pricing but I can right away see several areas in the business model that are different at F&P. I can assume those factors might account for the price difference.
I have no problem with NMWAs pricing, still going to shop there. Was just curious since Merz has so many t-shirt variations if they are even the same shirt.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same shirt ! Not sure why or how they are pricing it this low but I think ours come out around $70 per shirt, free shipping included. It's a little more but not extravagantly more. I can only guess they mispriced theirs or did not do a good job at calculating their fully landed costs and margin...

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same shirt ! Not sure why or how they are pricing it this low but I think ours come out around $70 per shirt, free shipping included. It's a little more but not extravagantly more
Also wanted to note that, with the 10% styleforum discount, pretty close in price.

Edit: just realized Greg already included it in the math. But there's rewards too ?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus the NMWA team occasionally sends chocolates so you’re basically losing money not buying from them.
We do this so we can sell all of our XXXL sizes 6 months later :devil:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same shirt ! Not sure why or how they are pricing it this low but I think ours come out around $70 per shirt, free shipping included. It's a little more but not extravagantly more. I can only guess they mispriced theirs or did not do a good job at calculating their fully landed costs and margin...
Great explanation. Even if it was $20 more per shirt I would still buy from y’all because I know where my money is going.

Edit: I feel compelled to say, I think your retail pricing on all the items is fair. The SF discount is just a nice treat. Price isn’t really a compelling reason for me to shop somewhere, just wanted a reasonable thing to tell my friend besides “why is price the only thing that matters to you.”

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl if your referring to the blue ikiji polo sweater, I will whole-heartedly concur that it is awesome.
1639172816348.png

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great explanation. Even if it was $20 more per shirt I would still buy from y’all because I know where my money is going.

Edit: I feel compelled to say, I think your retail pricing on all the items is fair. The SF discount is just a nice treat. Price isn’t really a compelling reason for me to shop somewhere, just wanted a reasonable thing to tell my friend besides “why is price the only thing that matters to you.”
I appreciate it!

Also, I have to add that sometimes we calculate prices based on a given EUR/USD exchange at the time of our order, but FX rate can vary quite a bit so I'm not completely surprised to see prices that could end up 10-20% more or less because of a different USD cost at the end of the day. I don't think Merz has USD retail prices that they communicate to retailers, but those would help smooth out those small differences

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads