• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF ANYONE HAS THE DENT + HARRIS TWEED GLOVES IN A MEDIUM AND IS LOOKING TO UNLOAD PLEASE PM ASAP!!!

and if anyone needs the black ones in a L, holla at yer boi.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How warm/heavy is the Esemplare Dark green felted hood fishtail parka? Winter coat?

It's definitely a winter coat but not something that will keep you warm in freezing weather with just a shirt or a light sweater. It's designed for layering - wear it over a thick sweater or cardigan, or a light down-filled piece (you'll notice that Esemplare makes those as well). The boiled poly is reasonably wind proof because of the tighter/closer weave from the felting process. @LA Guy can also weigh in on how he wears his.
What's the deal with Formosa bespoke? I haven't heard any chatter around these parts.

Greg - have there been many orders? I only saw that one pic.

There's been a few but no completed garment yet since we're only getting to the 3rd appointments (2nd fittings) this month. We've had many more scheduled appointments than actual fittings - the number of cancellations (often same day or a few hours before) is of course disappointing to me, but clearly moreso to the Formosa tailors who travel all this way to be stood up... I don't know how much longer they'll be able to do this...
Man why did I have to visit this thread today

Vass U-Cap kopped

Great choice. So much better IRL than in pics. Oxblood calf is just really hard to capture in photo studio light
What sizes do you wear in the Vass lasts?

Sorry I should have mentioned that. I wear 44 in F and P2, and 44.5 in U. I would say that most people (but not all) need to size up from P2/F to U because of the more dramatic taper at the toe box.
If I am a 10.5 in AE Park Avenues, would that translate to the Alfred Sargent Cap Toe's?

I'm not familiar with AE but the AS are IMO a full size smaller than US size.
If I take a 3 in Stephan Schneider shirts, do you guys think a 15/38 in Inglese would be too big? I'd probably need a 37 huh...

That's impossible to say. What you're mentioning here is a neck size so it's best to measure your neck (adding two fingers inside the tape when you do) so you'll know your dress shirt size. After that, some shirts are cut slim in the body (e.g. G. Inglese in our store) and others are cut a little fuller (like our Mazzarelli). We show measurements that should help with that.
anyone got a fit picture for the pub jacket? I am a solid US 36, would small be just about right? Also is it more of a heavy weight cardigan or unconstructed jacket?

It is a knit jacket. It is knitted and feels like a sweater, but the cut is more that of an unconstructed jacket. I'd say it's 60% cardi, 40% jacket.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We've had many more scheduled appointments than actual fittings - the number of cancellations (often same day or a few hours before) is of course disappointing to me, but clearly moreso to the Formosa tailors who travel all this way to be stood up... I don't know how much longer they'll be able to do this...

Bit disrespectful. Surprising, given how everyone goes ga-ga for Mina, Rubi, even Ambrosi now, but another top-tier tailor from Naples garners such little interest. Hope people pull through quickly.

agbassano

Reaction score
How accurate is the color of the Vass Medium Brown Suede Old English - U Last IRL??

I understand that all monitors etc. look different but they look a bit darker than the suede "mid browns" I have seen from Vass on all platforms (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop etc.)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
could anyone offer sizing advice for the Big John chinos? and did that 10% code expire?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How accurate is the color of the Vass Medium Brown Suede Old English - U Last IRL??

I understand that all monitors etc. look different but they look a bit darker than the suede "mid browns" I have seen from Vass on all platforms (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop etc.)

In real life, the shoes are a lighter brown than they appear on your monitor and have a reddish tint. Similar to in stitches' G&Gs.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vass only uses one medium brown suede. So that's the same you've seen in other pictures. It's a little lighter than the pics. It's stunning actually - nicer shade than all other brown suede I've seen out there.
could anyone offer sizing advice for the Big John chinos? and did that 10% code expire?

It's quite slim and has a little stretch in it, so I would err on the more comfortable side for sizing - unless you are looking for that very fitted fit.
Bit disrespectful. Surprising, given how everyone goes ga-ga for Mina, Rubi, even Ambrosi now, but another top-tier tailor from Naples garners such little interest. Hope people pull through quickly.

I was surprised as well - I thought we'd have more early adopters. I imagine it is a matter of time to build a base of customers here.

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score

I think they would need a vox, mafoofan, medtech type of guy to post a bunch of photos of finished garments and get the word of mouth ball rolling. Also it would be nice to know the price list beforehand.

agbassano

Reaction score

Vass only uses one medium brown suede. So that's the same you've seen in other pictures. It's a little lighter than the pics. It's stunning actually - nicer shade than all other brown suede I've seen out there.

Perfect, think I'm gonna kop a pair in size 44. I'm a:
9.5UK in C&J Lowndes 348
10UK in C&J Skye 335
10.5US in RL Lowndes and Lindrick
11 Santoni LTD etc.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also it would be nice to know the price list beforehand.

The prices are readily available and communicated to anyone who contacts us to inquire about any of our custom or MTO offerings, including Formosa.

johanm

Reaction score

The prices are readily available and communicated to anyone who contacts us to inquire about any of our custom or MTO offerings, including Formosa.

Got it - wasn't suggesting that you guys are concealing the price, was just reflecting on how the "ga-ga" got started for the other tailors mentioned by Grammaton Cleric, and noticed that I didn't see the prices in this thread.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gdl - takes time to build the customer base. excited to try out formosa bespoke. it'd be great to advertise their travel schedule here so we can see if we can get in... especially for any of us who have to travel to make an appointment.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medoctruyenfull