• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a 50, which is normally about my size. I think it will loosen up. Further, I’m about ten pounds heavier than my normal weight.

I take a 50 in the bomber version and am a bit smaller then you I believe. But it looks damn good I’d say.
The Clint is definitely meant to be worn unzipped IMO. So if your okay with it now, the suede will break in a bit.
Id guess you’ll get a lot more use out of that then you will the big KS coats you bought this/last year.

That Clint is a smart ass piece that I think can work with a lot of your existing clothes.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me looking at the all of Clint posts with intense FOMO.

84568F19-DA73-4A50-8CE7-81074609D504.gif

Preorder for the fall??

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the fit looked good, and if you are likely to get back to your normal weight that will surely make a difference. It's just the best colour too.

I got that Valstar "Clint" as well and have to say that it's awesome. Mine was a little bit tight when I first got it but I've worn it a lot in the short time I've had it and it has indeed loosened up a bit. @Newcomer - I think yours looks pretty good on you size-wise (though I agree with dieworkwear that it looks best with the collar popped).

Thanks for the input, guys. In my opinion, this jacket looks better if it fits closer - I saw a couple "oversized" fits and I didn't think that the jacket draped very well. Further, I don't intend to wear anything other than a t-shirt or thin, thin sweater or shirt with it.

This weekend, I'll snap some pictures of it and my other kops.

I take a 50 in the bomber version and am a bit smaller then you I believe. But it looks damn good I’d say.
The Clint is definitely meant to be worn unzipped IMO. So if your okay with it now, the suede will break in a bit.
Id guess you’ll get a lot more use out of that then you will the big KS coats you bought this/last year.

That Clint is a smart ass piece that I think can work with a lot of your existing clothes.

Yeah, I will pretty much only wear it unzipped (although I did try it on zipped with a turtleneck and it was pretty cool in a 70s way). You are normally a 50 in Eidos, right? In my memory serves me, I think you are right - we are similar, but you are a tad smaller/thinner.

Funny enough, that darn KS Traveler Coat is probably my most worn item this year. Probably worn it 15-20 times this season.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Where are all the sales kop posts? Things have died down but I know you all are still eyeing stuff. What's on your radar?

I uh.... I went for it.

20181106107.jpg

Naissance boa coat: I had too much fun trying this on, so when my size came back I had to go for it. The fit pictures from @mmmargeologist may have tipped me over, as well.

20181002039.jpg
20181002043.jpg

ts(s) wool track suit: to wear while eating gabagool.

20181015051.jpg

Kaptain sunshine cashmere crewneck: the last thing I need is another green sweater but this so thoroughly blew me away when we were opening up boxes that I jumped on it when my size came back as a return. Wearing it today and I couldn't be happier.

20170807107.jpg

Inis Meain black watch cap: I can't not get one of these every other year. My oldest one has been retired to yardwork duty so I treated myself to a new one.

scott_charters_fw17_79_.jpg

S&C cashmere watch cap: it's luxurious!

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I uh.... I went for it.

20181106107.jpg

Naissance boa coat: I had too much fun trying this on, so when my size came back I had to go for it. The fit pictures from @mmmargeologist may have tipped me over, as well.

20181002039.jpg
20181002043.jpg

20181015051.jpg

Kaptain sunshine cashmere crewneck: the last thing I need is another green sweater but this so thoroughly blew me away when we were opening up boxes that I jumped on it when my size came back as a return. Wearing it today and I couldn't be happier.

20170807107.jpg

Inis Meain black watch cap: I can't not get one of these every other year. My oldest one has been retired to yard duty so I treated myself to a new one.

YESSSS! That’s my most fun piece. Funny enough, your pics in it with the green cord suit tipped me. I love styleforum feedback loops

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valstar Clint was a one-off (not in the FW19 collection). I'm trying hard to get it back in store. Also one of my favorite Valstar pieces in a while. Maybe a show of hands of who missed it and would pre-order one would give me ammo in the negotiation (the best, most beautiful negotiation)

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance you will be stocking more Vibergs in the coming year? I bought the one pair you have and have been convinced one will not be enough although which one is tough to choose. Maybe one in shell if we can get some interest?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I uh.... I went for it.

20181106107.jpg

20181002039.jpg
20181002043.jpg

20181015051.jpg

20170807107.jpg

Inis Meain black watch cap: I can't not get one of these every other year. My oldest one has been retired to yardwork duty so I treated myself to a new one.

kyle, what size did you take in the KS sweater? no measurements are on the site and only 40s are left. i'm generally a larger than you so wanted to see if the 40 would work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads