1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

1. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

Loving my thuyas. Ended up going with the noisette, a fairly dark brown because I never end up using lighter color shoes that much.

How do you guys care for Thuyas?

I really just want to keep them from cracking or drying out, so thinking just waxing them from time to time may be the right move.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'd stick to cream and no wax. That shoe will just look odd if shined

3. mmmargeologist

mmmargeologist Senior Member

Same. Clint, mmm 5 zip, jg dr, and my jeans jacket all make me feel like Springsteen.

4. thomasB

thomasB Senior Member

Aren’t those suede? Just get some nano protector spray to keep them safe from the rain. You can get a suede cleaning brush or eraser if you stain them too.

Btw I have these in my cart right now. Just go down one from your US Brannock size?

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Alright y'all, here we go.

First up, the Document Robe Coat and the Naissance Pile Turtleneck (also, Vor). These, perhaps surprisingly, were my favorites. The Robe Coat is surprisingly thin. Like, thin enough that I would be feeling cold if I did not have the turtleneck. It looks really cool when open, and a little too much like a bathrobe when closed. The "open but belted" look is a pretty good way to wear it. The Naissance turtleneck is really cool. It is completely lined, which I was surprised by. And just about the perfect length.

IMG_0775.jpg

Next up, the Valstar Clint (also, Tony Shirt and Thuya). Honestly, I have a few standing offers, and I am a little on the fence about sizing. I really like the jacket - it is gorgeous - but struggling a bit with wearing it.

IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Finally, the Minotaur Jacket and BBJ Loopwheel. The BBJ sweater is pretty great, although I do not really care for this pairing as much as I thought I would - the jacket kind of catches on the sweater. Nonetheless, I feel like this is a sweater I will constantly turn towards. The Minotaur jacket is something else. Perfect for a drizzly, winter day, morning grocery or coffee run. Going forward, will probably wear it more with just a t-shirt.

IMG_0963.jpg

View attachment 1104786

6. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

I got a calf version from a local store.

My feet are so weird that I honestly don’t even know what my size is anymore. I’m all over the place on different shoes.

7. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

@Newcomer How prominent is the “Minotaur” on the back?

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

I think that outfit would be perfect for it, just with the shirt tucked in

9. steveoffice

steveoffice Distinguished Member

@Newcomer what's the struggle? too small on you? looks fine from pictures.

10. mmmargeologist

mmmargeologist Senior Member

@Newcomer the Clint looks great on you. Top quality 70s masculinity

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Not overly prominent. I purposely pictured the jacket to have the MTR language. But the jacket is really kind of swishy and only shows it from time to time.

Thanks, guys. Yes, the sizing. I have something of a mental block with having something that is not the right size - trying to assure myself that a 52 is not the "right" size. Coming around to it.

Also, the Minotaur jacket has a fantastic hood. And finally, while I neglected to mention it earlier, it is really nice on the reversible side.

IMG_0932 (1).JPG

12. lifeinabox

On the run to daycare drop-off. Valstar, Leder, SDC, & Buttero.

IMG_5339.jpg

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

I’m tempted by the Naissance boa coat, a Bumfreezer, Valstar Loro Piano, and/or ts(s) rancher. Surprisingly a lot of fun stuff left in my size :(

Here’s my single breasted NR.

C5554480-15F5-423C-BBC3-D82A84DDA00F.jpeg

14. lifeinabox

@cyc wid it Single breasted is on my list. You get a lot of wear out of it up in the Bay? I assume it's the perfect CA winter coat like for next week's forecast, for instance.

15. steveoffice

steveoffice Distinguished Member

one piece i had my eye on was valstar lora piana but sold out in my size :(

i shouldnt be buying more stuff anyway...