• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.S.A.

Hi guys,

We are not going to run a full pre-order process for Monitaly, but I wanted to give you the opportunity, if you'd like, to pre-order one style which I personally think is the star of the collection for me: this quilted "work coat" with removable hood. It is an incredible coat and made up in that very attractive cotton herringbone in three colors. Light poly fill with this sick diamond quilting, the shape of the pockets remind me of the classic Maremma hunting jackets and the faux-fur collar/hood lining is so soft.

All three colors (khaki, olive and black) are sick in their own way, the cotton outer feels nice and substantial and the Vancloth cotton liner is so comfortable and not as warm as the full faux-fur lining of the ranch coat. As you can tell, I love the piece!

Sizing is very much TTS. The piece I'm trying on in the pic is a 40 and feels a full size too small for me, but not two sizes. In some Monitaly pieces, I need to size up to 44, but this is not one of them

Pricing is also incredible value : it will retail at only $535 so after a pre-order discount, it will be $428 which seems absurdly low for a piece like this.

Anyways, please let me know if you're interested in pre-ordering your size in the color you want and I will put together a pre-order page for a few days only

Fit pics (click to enlarge) - excuse the weird jaunissed white balance

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Errors for the SB but not the Moscow helped push me toward the Moscow. It's what I really wanted anyway. After admiring so many different fabrics I realized I needed to stick with the classic and versatile mixed navy. Doubt I'll regret it and hopefully I'm good if I need to swap sizes.
You will not be disappointed. I'd buy mixed navy again.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assume I could get my hands on the monitaly ranch coat that is now sold out—from the measurements on NMWA I felt like a size 50 would work best. I wear 52 in Eidos as we all know but also wear M in most knits, including Eidos. Would anyone with this coat be able to comment to that sizing question?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got over my sizing fears and took the plunge...

Single breasted w/ liner in Dove Grey ordered
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Assume I could get my hands on the monitaly ranch coat that is now sold out—from the measurements on NMWA I felt like a size 50 would work best. I wear 52 in Eidos as we all know but also wear M in most knits, including Eidos. Would anyone with this coat be able to comment to that sizing question?

Yes, 40

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preorders for Eidos outwear for AW16 possible?
smile.gif

Stay tuned for this.

On Monday by end of day, we will be posting the pre-order plan for Eidos which is three fold: (1) special MTO project for field jackets (4 or 5 fabrics); (2) special MTO for hunting jackets (4-5 fabrics) and (3) actual pre-orders on the styles we selected for the store sport coats, suits, trousers and overcoats

The new collection is spectacular and Antonio keeps upgrading a number of things (fabric, pattern, production)... this brand is going to be big - and we're proud that we've had such a great partnership with @NickPollica on tailored offerings.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God damn Greg. Why do you guys have such amazing stuff. That new monitaly jacket looks incredible.

There's a million thousand billion stuff out there. When you walk shows like Pitti or the Paris and NYC shows, you see aisles and aisles of stuff. It's mind-numbing how much stuff is out there and how much is forgettable (ask @willy cheesesteak or @coolron who did it with us this season...). What we do is find the most awesome stuff for you guys. Our taste doesn't necessarily connect with everyone's here - and that's perfectly normal - but when it does connect, we feel that you can trust us (beyond pictures) when we say something is badass.

This coat is badass

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SARUAR1258