• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Why is it unreasonable? Is the mere suggestion that people outside the USA deserve equal treatment automatically a matter for LOLs?

We are aggravated enough having to enforce the no bumps rule, so clearly this is not going to happen. Besides, we are providing a space in which people can sell to one another and we do not get involved in private transactions between members. If you don't like a seller's policies, you should boycott their sales (lol).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Why, were you going to contribute? It's cool. It's 2010. mang.

I wasn't going to contribute until gdl chimed in.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, were you going to contribute? It's cool. It's 2010. mang.

You're making me feel old and that my pores are not clean. I personally use masking tape twice daily - apply to the T-zone and pull hard and fast. You wouldn't believe the toxins that stay on this thing
eek.gif

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
IMO if you are going to sell in an international marketplace you ought to be prepared to sell to international customers. There are plenty of local options for Americans who only want to sell among themselves.

Your proposal effectively is that members from outside the USA should have less opportunity to buy from B&S then Americans. Why is that fair in your mind, but asking sellers to cater for all members is not fair?

All markets, including B&S have rules. I'm just proposing that we do away with treating non-US people as second class citizens. I don't expect Americans to get it, because you are never in this position. My observation is that some American members have no problem expecting us to do all this on their behalf, but won't return the compliment.

HAHA STILL A DUMBASS

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If America was a free country, buyers would be forced to do this. /Hey Man

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
It is unreasonable, and lol-worthy. Sorry. Also, despite your contention that you do not whinge (which we have all seen time and again to be untrue) are you not whinging right now? Sometimes, bro, no shirt, no shoes, no US address, no dice.

WTF would you know? I've never bought anything from you.

Where I come from, making constructive suggestions is not whinging.

Well I have learned my lesson. Don't make suggestions, don't go against the cliques and remember that non-US = second class. Oh, and people who think outside the mainstream are dumb-asses. Got it.

At least LA Guy took the time to give me a very good reason why this can't work. Thanks for that.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dude, I'm happy to sell to overseas customers, but your suggestion is so outside of the mainstream that it was bound to be laughed at. LA Guy gave you one reason, but I can assure you that nobody running this place would begin to consider such a rule, even if enforcement was a breeze. It's honestly such an odd request that one wonders if you're actually an adult. Not fair? I mean, really? Ebay doesn't make sellers ship good overseas. Is there a single online venue in the Western world that has such a rule? Come on.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
FTFY Bruh

kwilkinson, what is the origin of your signature please? It looks intriguing but a search just pulls up all your posts with your sig.......

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Is there any way to embed videos that aren't from YouTube?

Nope. The Youtube thing is possible because it's a script written into Styleforum's vBulletin code, but embedding other videos would require allowing HTML in posting.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
kwilkinson, what is the origin of your signature please? It looks intriguing but a search just pulls up all your posts with your sig.......

It was in this thread. I assume it got deleted b/c of the ...*ahem* subject matter.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
When I lived in Cambridge, MA, I used to go to a little French Bistro place that has the most amazing Pork Cubans, matched only by their roasted vegetable Cubans, and I'm a commited carnivore. But I digress.

Chez Henri. Great place.

- B

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Nope. The Youtube thing is possible because it's a script written into Styleforum's vBulletin code, but embedding other videos would require allowing HTML in posting.
I figured as much. Thanks for confirming it for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads