Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. bigbris1

bigbris1 Distinguished Member

Understood.

Thank you.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Why is it unreasonable? Is the mere suggestion that people outside the USA deserve equal treatment automatically a matter for LOLs?

We are aggravated enough having to enforce the no bumps rule, so clearly this is not going to happen. Besides, we are providing a space in which people can sell to one another and we do not get involved in private transactions between members. If you don't like a seller's policies, you should boycott their sales (lol).

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The thread where dudes discuss seaweed and clay face masks... it's a prank, right?

Why, were you going to contribute? It's cool. It's 2010. mang.

4. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

I wasn't going to contribute until gdl chimed in.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You're making me feel old and that my pores are not clean. I personally use masking tape twice daily - apply to the T-zone and pull hard and fast. You wouldn't believe the toxins that stay on this thing [​IMG]

6. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Distinguished Member

IMO if you are going to sell in an international marketplace you ought to be prepared to sell to international customers. There are plenty of local options for Americans who only want to sell among themselves.

Your proposal effectively is that members from outside the USA should have less opportunity to buy from B&S then Americans. Why is that fair in your mind, but asking sellers to cater for all members is not fair?

All markets, including B&S have rules. I'm just proposing that we do away with treating non-US people as second class citizens. I don't expect Americans to get it, because you are never in this position. My observation is that some American members have no problem expecting us to do all this on their behalf, but won't return the compliment.

HAHA STILL A DUMBASS

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

If America was a free country, buyers would be forced to do this. /Hey Man

8. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Distinguished Member

It is unreasonable, and lol-worthy. Sorry. Also, despite your contention that you do not whinge (which we have all seen time and again to be untrue) are you not whinging right now? Sometimes, bro, no shirt, no shoes, no US address, no dice.

WTF would you know? I've never bought anything from you.

Where I come from, making constructive suggestions is not whinging.

Well I have learned my lesson. Don't make suggestions, don't go against the cliques and remember that non-US = second class. Oh, and people who think outside the mainstream are dumb-asses. Got it.

At least LA Guy took the time to give me a very good reason why this can't work. Thanks for that.

9. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Dude, I'm happy to sell to overseas customers, but your suggestion is so outside of the mainstream that it was bound to be laughed at. LA Guy gave you one reason, but I can assure you that nobody running this place would begin to consider such a rule, even if enforcement was a breeze. It's honestly such an odd request that one wonders if you're actually an adult. Not fair? I mean, really? Ebay doesn't make sellers ship good overseas. Is there a single online venue in the Western world that has such a rule? Come on.

10. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

11. Tidybeard

Tidybeard Senior Member

FTFY Bruh

kwilkinson, what is the origin of your signature please? It looks intriguing but a search just pulls up all your posts with your sig.......

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Is there any way to embed videos that aren't from YouTube?

Nope. The Youtube thing is possible because it's a script written into Styleforum's vBulletin code, but embedding other videos would require allowing HTML in posting.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

kwilkinson, what is the origin of your signature please? It looks intriguing but a search just pulls up all your posts with your sig.......

It was in this thread. I assume it got deleted b/c of the ...*ahem* subject matter.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

When I lived in Cambridge, MA, I used to go to a little French Bistro place that has the most amazing Pork Cubans, matched only by their roasted vegetable Cubans, and I'm a commited carnivore. But I digress.

Chez Henri. Great place.

- B

15. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Nope. The Youtube thing is possible because it's a script written into Styleforum's vBulletin code, but embedding other videos would require allowing HTML in posting.
    I figured as much. Thanks for confirming it for me.