• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am guessing burgundy (#8) and black are two of the options considering availability but I wonder what the third option would be...

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was chatting with Guy (while seeing if I could get an Essex boot made, which I could!) and he discussed some of the future stuff, including shell. I didn't want to be *that guy* who takes every little fragment CS says and posts it to the internet, especially stuff people super obsess about. But now that it's not getting in front of his announcements, which would have been a bit rude, I'll throw up some of the info he gave to add some color to it.

"As it stands right now we do not have any plans for another natural shell boot, though we do have some other shell releases in the pipeline. [...] We just don't have any natural shell to make them with. It would take over a year to get any even we ordered it today. All of the shell releases are planned far, far in advance."

"We've got a ton of stuff coming for viberg.com right now including a plain toe service boot in french calfskin and a few boots in roughout leathers. After that we'll have a Derby shoe and some italian calf and horse offerings."

"Not sure if it was me who said that about the Chromepak, but it must have been lost in translation at some point. It's not that Horween stopped making it or anything, its just that our lot of the Olive Chromepak is finished, so it's not an available option on our boots any longer. [...] The Chromepak leather is great though and i'm sure it's something we'll use again down the road."

So, no natural shell, unfortunately. But Chromepak eventually!

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I find myself still in the market for a good pair of slightly-more-than-basic black boots, after a recent order from White's came out mistaken. I may just reorder from White's, but figured I'd float it here to see if anyone else would be on board for a group order of black service boots, more or less as follows:

-- Black, either oil tan, or perhaps CXL (if the latter definitely lined), assuming HH or some better leather is not available.
-- Eight silver silver eyes.
-- Plain cap toe.
-- 2045 last.
-- Dainite or other sole (open to options).
-- Maybe a pull tab.

Not a fancy boot, but a true classic and actually hard to find a good version of it out there. I will include here a pic of my old Viberg HH boots, which I had to sell, and which will give an idea of the final product (though they are on the 110 last, rather than 2045).

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could see the 110 next to the 2030 with unstructured to. I think 2030 with partial structure is my fave. Wish they would do custom orders again.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Okay, I find myself still in the market for a good pair of slightly-more-than-basic black boots, after a recent order from White's came out mistaken. I may just reorder from White's, but figured I'd float it here to see if anyone else would be on board for a group order of black service boots, more or less as follows:

-- Black, either oil tan, or perhaps CXL (if the latter definitely lined), assuming HH or some better leather is not available.
-- Eight silver silver eyes.
-- Plain cap toe.
-- 2045 last.
-- Dainite or other sole (open to options).
-- Maybe a pull tab.

Not a fancy boot, but a true classic and actually hard to find a good version of it out there. I will include here a pic of my old Viberg HH boots, which I had to sell, and which will give an idea of the final product (though they are on the 110 last, rather than 2045).

I have been waiting for this but brogued toe cap and 2030 last :(

Theloniouskase

Reaction score

Okay, I find myself still in the market for a good pair of slightly-more-than-basic black boots, after a recent order from White's came out mistaken. I may just reorder from White's, but figured I'd float it here to see if anyone else would be on board for a group order of black service boots, more or less as follows: -- Black, either oil tan, or perhaps CXL (if the latter definitely lined), assuming HH or some better leather is not available. -- Eight silver silver eyes. -- Plain cap toe. -- 2045 last. -- Dainite or other sole (open to options). -- Maybe a pull tab. Not a fancy boot, but a true classic and actually hard to find a good version of it out there. I will include here a pic of my old Viberg HH boots, which I had to sell, and which will give an idea of the final product (though they are on the 110 last, rather than 2045).
Would be down for a black service boot if we changed the leather to what this is here in the pic below. Also, either the 2030 last or preferably the 110 last. Dainite soles. NO TOECAP. 7 silver eyelets. Would get on that ASAP.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads