• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jolek

Reaction score
@ike. Insulated for warmth. I'm from Canada so I'm trying to figure out how 'Winter' they are. I'm guessing that they're probably more suited to fall / spring weather which is what I was looking for. Which is nice so these can be pretty versatile. I'm also lazy when it comes to laces so the side zips rate as an important feature.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The side zips just make them easier to get on/off - I still find I need to lace the boots to get the tension right, but it's fast because it's really just around the hooks that needs lacing. They are not insulated, if you want them to be warm you'll need to wear a thick wool sock, if you wear them with them cotton sock they will be fine for milder - even warmer weather!

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the CP Chelsea Workboots are wider than the Chelsea Boots? Judging by the pics, there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference other than a slightly thicker crepe sole and maybe a slightly rounder toe part.
Anyone on here have the Workboots? Thanks

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it has been answered already but still not really sure about sizing on Chelsea Boots. Some guys size up from their achilles or BBal size and some take the same size. I am US 11 in all sneakers and wear 43 in Achilles and BBall lows. Should I take 43 in Chelseas or go with 44. They run pretty narrow so I am thinking about sizing up, but 44 in CP sneakers is too long for me. Unfortunately I have no chance to try the chelseas anywhere so hoping you can help me.

blacktoku

Reaction score

Got RG in from eastdane's sale. Have normal cp chelseas on the way too but can't decide which to keep. Crepe sole on the normal chelseas remind me too much of CDB.

Last edited:

ChronBong

Reaction score
the robert geller x common projects is way better, why are u even thinking this?

also helps that i have the brown rb x cp boots. :)

the only one beats it is SLP chelsea 30's. which is like $200-300 more than rb x cp which i shouldve saved up for :(

Last edited:

blacktoku

Reaction score
the robert geller x common projects is way better, why are u even thinking this?

also helps that i have the brown rb x cp boots. :)

the only one beats it is SLP chelsea 30's. which is like $200-300 more than rb x cp which i shouldve saved up for :(
Because the normal ones were $150 cheaper and my wallet took a pounding this week hahah.

piblondin

Reaction score

I know it has been answered already but still not really sure about sizing on Chelsea Boots. Some guys size up from their achilles or BBal size and some take the same size. I am US 11 in all sneakers and wear 43 in Achilles and BBall lows. Should I take 43 in Chelseas or go with 44. They run pretty narrow so I am thinking about sizing up, but 44 in CP sneakers is too long for me. Unfortunately I have no chance to try the chelseas anywhere so hoping you can help me.

Hard to say for sure, but I would go with a 44 in this case.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I thought that Achilles run more narrow than the Chelseas? So if you're a 43 in Achilles and that's comfortable for you, then from what I've read a 43 in Chelsea's should work no?

tehfangs

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have both achilles low and the chelsea boots and for me, I got the same size for both and they fit fine.

Before buying the chelseas, I asked a website customer care the same question and they recommended to do the same size.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought my first pairs of CP suede chelseas. How do you recommend caring for them? They're lighter in color so I worry about how they will handle in winter weather. Obviously I wouldn't take them out in the rain or snow storm. Any recommendations on products and care? Can I use my Markk Repel on them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads