• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread.

Jmoinen

Reaction score
Gotta say it's pretty disappointing to wait 2 months for 2 pairs of trousers only to receive them and find out that I can not get them beyond my knees because they are so insanely tight in the calves. For reference I have a completely average 16 inch calf size and did not get even close to getting them up to my waist using a considerable amount of time, force and coaxing.
I'm a size 31/32 in denim and ordered one pair in a 48 and the other one in 50. The size 50 pair is a lot tighter still than the 48 which was already impossible to don.
Very sad as the pants are both just beautiful and I would have loved to be able to wear them but it is not even remotely possible for me to don them...Also I'm not muscular at all, rather on the skinny side so I honestly don't know what kind of build you need to have to get these on.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gotta say it's pretty disappointing to wait 2 months for 2 pairs of trousers only to receive them and find out that I can not get them beyond my knees because they are so insanely tight in the calves. For reference I have a completely average 16 inch calf size and did not get even close to getting them up to my waist using a considerable amount of time, force and coaxing.
I'm a size 31/32 in denim and ordered one pair in a 48 and the other one in 50. The size 50 pair is a lot tighter still than the 48 which was already impossible to don.
Very sad as the pants are both just beautiful and I would have loved to be able to wear them but it is not even remotely possible for me to don them...Also I'm not muscular at all, rather on the skinny side so I honestly don't know what kind of build you need to have to get these on.

hello

greetings to everyone
I am very busy at the moment, but never too busy for my customers

you have spoken to me before and if you have a problem, which rarely does happen with FIT
yes we have shipping delays because of our move, but a singular consistent feature of our work is that THE PRODUCTS FIT.
now, in the event you have an issue, in nature of the one you outline,

send me a message through the same channel I have been communicating with you

AGAIN, I have outlined it

1. EMAIL ISSUES HAVE BEEN FIXED
2. BEST CHANNEL TOI REACH ME is to use the chat feature on the webshop
why?
it is directly connected to my phone so I get the message an reply promptly

i dont want you (or any other customer) to have pants that dont fit. I want you to have things you can wear and enjoy, so send me a message and we will exchange the pants for ones that fit

bless
-Z-

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know who the best people are? They aren't the people whose plans always work out. The best people are the people who do their best to make it right when things don't go to plan.

Thank-you @Zamb - not only for getting me my shirt (which is every bit as good as I had hoped - the construction details, the colour, the whole aesthetic - damn!), but also for the extra gift. It wasn't necessary, but it was greatly appreciated.

You're good people. The best, in fact.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You know who the best people are? They aren't the people whose plans always work out. The best people are the people who do their best to make it right when things don't go to plan.

Thank-you @Zamb - not only for getting me my shirt (which is every bit as good as I had hoped - the construction details, the colour, the whole aesthetic - damn!), but also for the extra gift. It wasn't necessary, but it was greatly appreciated.

You're good people. The best, in fact.
Been so busy building out the new space and dealing with production and the school i haven't had a chance to check in as id like.
but glad you finally got it, we made that one specifically for you, so enjoy it
a little saying that says: " all is well that ends well"
guess its very apt in this case.
and thank you, cause we do take care of a lot of people behind the scenes and you are one of the few who come back and let it be known. i respect that

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the new SPRING SUMMER collection is finally out and up on Zfactorie, feel free to check it out

we also are having a sale to just clear some past stock
very good deals to be had
CLEARANCE 30-40-50.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
END SEASON SALE.jpg

Hello Styleforum

A wonderful and happy Friday to you all

Our summer has been incredibly busy, and oftentimes we don't get to communicate with you as often as we'd like

I am writing this message from hope before I begin the day, because once we arrive at the office there is so much to do, that things such as these, though being of utmost importance, often are pushed back on the daily schedule.

Lots of things has been happening, with the new Trade School, the launch of ZBT, working on a New Movie, that is being produced by NEXTFLIX dressing a major star in it, as such there has been A LOT to do.
But this is what we work for, we are happy, to be in a position to grow, develop and thrive even in difficult times and collaborate with other creatives that expands the reach of our work - as things progress, we will tell you who this star is, and more about the clothes they have selected + what we are creating for them

We just want to give you a rundown of a few things happening and upcoming and also announce our XTRA 30 PERCENT OFF SALE FOR THE END OF THE SEASON

FW22 COLLECTION

We are working in this Amazing New Collection for fall 22, very different from before, of course, our style of course, but going back to:
my roots in Jamaica,
my community where I grew up, Kingston 13
Where I learned to sew
The personalities and characters that informed my creativity
The aesthetic influences in my formative, teenage years.

I will be travelling to Jamaica in August; many elements of the collection will be made there. wanting to use Jamaican historic rivers and sea water for dyeing
elements of things that can only be found there - REAL AUTHENTIC

SHOW
we will be doing a runway show during NYFW in September, to present this collection. Our new space has two large balconies, the upper being 1600 square feet that is perfect for a runway show. as we get closer to the time, we will say more about this, OF COURSE MANY OF OUR CUSTMERS WHO ARE BASED IN NY, or whom are able to travel will be surely invited to this event

NEW ARRIVALS
while the bulk of the collection will be released in September, immediately after the show - select new items will start to trickle in in the next two weeks, beginning of August, we will keep you updated regarding that.

END OF SEASON SALE

SALES CODES:
SS22 ITEMS; ENDSEASON30 - This gives you 30% off all current spring Summer 22 items

PAST SEASON(S) STOCK: SUMMERCLEAR50 - this gets you xtra 50% off all past season goods in the sales sections

- While there will be slightly deeper markdowns on a few items - the bulk of our markdowns are done - for the Next two weeks, we are offering EXTRA 30 PERCENT OF ALL SS22 STOCK - THIS COVERS OUTERWEAR / PANTS / TOPS/ TEES,
there are a lot of great items available in the sale, we will keep this running for the next two weeks while we concentrate on the release of the fall collection and preparation for our show in September.

we want to thank you all our fans and supporters for sticking with us.

please feel free to message us regarding your purchases or any other inquiry you might have

[email protected]

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello to our friends here at styleforum,

As you might have noticed, it's' been several months since we have made a formal post or updated this thread
'
During that time many things have happened...........
but I had a wonderful conversation with @LA Guy yesterday and suffice to say, like an old lover and a long relationship. great conversations lead at times to renewed committment. and so I say thanks to everyone here at Styleforum for your support over the years. We are officailly continuing our partnership.

This means, more activity from us, more great and exclusive deals and finding new ways to serve the community better

Please enjoy a few images from our show for FW22 as we plan a strategy for a new way forward
ZB-fw11.jpg
ZB-fw02.jpg
ZB-fw09.jpg
ZB-fw14.jpg
ZB-fw17.jpg
ZB-fw22.jpg
ZB-fw29A.jpg
ZB-fw30A.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caps and belts for me. I'm a big accessories guy. Zamb tells me that thte buckles for his belts are made in Jamaica, by a friend who is a blacksmith. I always like forged and shaped things. I mean, modern CNC and stock removal are great, but there is something about metal that has been forged and hammed and stretched and shaped that is hard to replicate.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Caps and belts for me. I'm a big accessories guy. Zamb tells me that the buckles for his belts are made in Jamaica, by a friend who is a blacksmith. I always like forged and shaped things. I mean, modern CNC and stock removal are great, but there is something about metal that has been forged and hammed and stretched and shaped that is hard to replicate.

Yes, the collection is called "Kingston 13" and is about my formative years as someone making clothes, from 13 -17 years old. the people i grew up with, how they influence me and significant experiences with them. he lived right across from where i once lived and his father was a practitioner of the trade. he took up the profession. we are now working on more buckles, along with cuff links and a glasses frame

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That first dress is very cool, I like all the straps and zips you've integrated on many of the designs. A nice mix of artisanal and contemporary references.
thanks,
gonna post more of the collection, along with back stories to some of the pieces, so look out for that

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Greetings and a Great weekend to all,

As humans we try to live our lives, seeking happiness and fulfilment in the things we do. You often hope that the personal, never gets in the way of the professional. However, often the personal or overlaps with the professional and there is no separating the two.

If you've known my brand and have visited the old Industry City location on 36th street anywhere from 2012 to 2017, you might have known Mr Campbell.
A talented and skilled and quite stylish designer/ tailor from Jamaica who was a mentor to us all in the early stages of my Career. As a Jamaican. Mr Les Campbell was our icon, the designer we aspired to be like. He became a friend, a confidant and even an employee.
If you've bought a Bag, a Wallet, a Belt, or even a Blazer from us, some of the incredible hand stitching detail that made our products special, was done by him.

Earlier this Month, he suffered a Heart Attack and passed on.
Next week I will be in Jamaica, to be of support to his family and to Celebrate his life. His Funeral is November 4th..............a day before his birthday, November 5th. He would have been 67 years old.

Now, I go with a Heavy Heart - Today, while calling a cousin to notify of my arrival on Monday - I got word one of my Uncle was rushed it the Hospital. then the news this evening, he passed on around 5:15 pm. So going for one funeral, getting the news of another death..........

I'm back in New York New York on the 6th, so my trip is short as we have A LOT here to do at Zfactorie

Here are a few important Notices

1. While I'm away, the Studio is still operational, albeit at a slower pace
2. All current orders (that are not custom) Will be shipped before I leave Monday evening
there may be orders shipped while I'm away, as the shipping manager will be working.
3. If there are any issues, Ill be sure to sort on my return.

WOMENSWEAR

We are currently releasing Womenswear. Some items are up in OUTERWEAR, and the entire womenswear collection (smaller than the men's) will be up by tomorrow evening.

ZBT - PLUS THE FUTURE OF T-SHIRTS
As we spoke earlier this year, we are removing T- SHIRTS from our mainline. - The goal is to provide a separate T-shirt and tops project that provides some of the best Artisanal T-shirts and Tops, made in NYC, and also to use this project as a Vehicle of Philanthropy.

We just did a Large production of Tees/ Tanks/ Hoodies for ZBT - IM HOPING TO SHOOT IT ALL AND HAVE THE FIRST FALL DROP ON NOVEMBER 1ST

All T-shirts on Zam Barrett MAIN SITE are now XTRA 60% OFF TO CLEAR THEM OUT.....this is the last opportunity to buy these as all tees move to the New ZBT project.

On the ZBT Site, you can get 20% off the Current items, until OCT 31st at midnight
the code for both is: ZBT-NEW ARRIVAL

For all other Sales items you can still use the Xtra 50% off Code; FALLCLEAR50

- FREE SHIPPING IN THE UNITED STATES
-FREE SHIPPING ON ALL OVERSEAS ORDERS ABOVE $400 USD
AS WE UPDATE OUR INVENTORY, MORE ITEMS WILL BE ADDED

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Happy Monday to all,

Of course we don't normally send you email correspondence on Mondays, but today is unusual

Later today, I am headed to Jamaica!
I used to be in Jamaica, 3 to 4 times per year. It has been 5 years since my last trip. Time flies!
I'm looking forward to being back, despite a funeral being the reason for my trip.
I will there for six days, and the workaholic in me won't allow me to sit still and do nothing.............so, ill be working.

Now, years ago, we created a NAIL RING, something a few designers' do make. We did our version of it with my own personal improvements. We sold the ring and many of our friends/ customers bought them.
After I had been travelling less, about 3 seasons ago, we collaborated with my good friend and Jewelry designer Michael Raymond, to create another set of rings expanding on the concept to create a few other styles. It was supposed to be a continuous project but COVID, and Michael moving away from NYC halted the project.

Now, I reached out to the original Jeweler in Jamaica who made the initial rings and will be working with him again to create new rings...........(I had lost both of my personal ones)

PREORDER OPPRTUNITY -
today until Wednesday I am opening up a preorder opportunity to purchase one of these Wonderful rings
the original retail of the Rings were $250 USD.
From Now until Wednesday, the rings can be preordered for $180 USD
THESE RINGS WILL BE MADE IN JAMAICA WHILE I AM THERE, TO BE SHIPPED UPON MY RETURN

HERE IS HOW TO PREORDER

You need to contact me vial email or text
email: [email protected] | 646 -b 465 -3847
Send me your RING SIZE
Make the payment via Paypal or Zelle

YOU CAN ALSO ORDER DIRECTLY THROUGH THE WEBSHOP LINK HERE:
NAIL RING1.jpg
NAIL RING2.jpg
NAIL RING3.jpg
NAIL RING1.jpg
NAIL RING2.jpg
NAIL RING3.jpg

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
- HAPPY VETERANS DAY

A happy Friday and a Wonderful Veterans Day to All.
i am happy to announce that I am back in NYC after a short but eventful trip to Jamaica

Zfactorie has resumed full operations since Tuesday of this week when I returned to the office. - The staff worked as best as they could last week, it it's just not the same when I am not here.
I thank them, I thank you all for your patience and I letting everyone know i'm back at work and taking care of all production, Custom Projects, Shipping etc,

Here are FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS that are relevant for you all to know

1. THE ENTIRE FALL 2022 MENSWEAR RELEASE IS NOW UP ON ZFACTORIE WEBSTORE-
All outerwear/ Pants/ Tops from the collection is now available for sale, we will be adding a few accessories, but all clothing is now available for purchase.
We are missing some measurements and descriptions, those will be added soon, but inquiries can be made about Fabric content, measurements etc, for all Garments

2. ENTIRE FALL 2022 WOMENSWEAR WILL BE RELEASED TODAY
Most of our Womenswear Items are up - YES, we know...........but we assure you, it will all be up by close of business today

3. ZBT - FALL RELEASE IS NOW LIVE TODAY 11 -11 -22
FINALLY - YES!
When ZBT was originally conceived, the goal was to produce a line of TEES, TOPS, TANKS, TOTES that were price friendly, made of really good fabrics, interesting and unusual cuts, fits well, comfortable against the skin................but also used some of its revenues as a philanthropic endeavor.

Now we launched this summer and accomplished many of our objectives - now we are doing an OFFICIAL FALL MENSWEAR DROP - Over 25 items.
Hoodies, Zip up Jackets, Tees, tanks, all prices between $70 - $150 USD
The items are now live and can be seen and purchased by following the link -
below is a preview of some of our favorite new styles and colors from the release

4. FALLCLEAR50 CODE IS STILL ACTIVE THIS WEEKEND
The xtra 50% off Code on Zfactorie webstore, to clear out our sales section will remain active today for veterans day and continue into the weekend - feel free to use it for all Menswear or Womenswear Clothing or Accessories for the weekend -
FALLCLEAR50 gets you xtra 50% off All sale items

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads