• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris thread

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hee's another from Arny's:

Super nice. I loved Arnys, their shop was bought by Berluti that installed their main shop there. They had kept a very small Arnys corner inside, that I think was only for MtM stuff, I am not sure it still exists.
Sometimes you can find an item second hand, like this one apparently, that apart its name has nothing to do with work wear.

florent

Reaction score
How does it compare to Mont St Michel given it's 1/3 the price, and why is its distribution so odd (it's not available in the major cities)?
I don't know how they compare quality-wise but Le Mont St Michel was relauched a few years back as a more fashion brand and focused towards export (mainly Japan afaik) so no surprise they are be more pricey, while Le Laboureur still caters to the workers crowd (the cuts might be less refined though, I strongly suggest trying).

Not sure what you mean about the distribution, they seem to have retailers about everywhere in France (mostly actual work gear stores): https://www.lelaboureur.com/content/28-revendeurs-le-laboureur

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know how they compare quality-wise but Le Mont St Michel was relauched a few years back as a more fashion brand and focused towards export (mainly Japan afaik) so no surprise they are be more pricey, while Le Laboureur still caters to the workers crowd (the cuts might be less refined though, I strongly suggest trying).

Not sure what you mean about the distribution, they seem to have retailers about everywhere in France (mostly actual work gear stores): https://www.lelaboureur.com/content/28-revendeurs-le-laboureur
My mistake, unless you zoom in the map seemed to show it had no locations in Paris!

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a retailer carrying Le Laboureur but he only had one piece of the smallest and one piece of the largest size jackets, and only in black. He said he sold these to carpenters with the matching carpenter pants of the same brand (or people
who want to look like chic carpenters).

The guy had me try the really large jacket and said it fit great because Le Laboureur is not preshrunk and the jackets shrink quite a lot on first wash. He claimed the sleeves will shorten about 2 cm.

Thing is, the jacket is 70% polyester.

Is this true or one really bad French sales pitch?

By the way this means Le Laboureur is out for me. Not paying EUR110 for a polycotton jacket.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a retailer carrying Le Laboureur but he only had one piece of the smallest and one piece of the largest size jackets, and only in black. He said he sold these to carpenters with the matching carpenter pants of the same brand (or people
who want to look like chic carpenters).

The guy had me try the really large jacket and said it fit great because Le Laboureur is not preshrunk and the jackets shrink quite a lot on first wash. He claimed the sleeves will shorten about 2 cm.

Thing is, the jacket is 70% polyester.

Is this true or one really bad French sales pitch?

By the way this means Le Laboureur is out for me. Not paying EUR110 for a polycotton jacket.
Total horsesh1t. Yes it will shrink but not that much. 2 cm is a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads