• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

Just bought my first pairs of CP suede chelseas. How do you recommend caring for them? They're lighter in color so I worry about how they will handle in winter weather. Obviously I wouldn't take them out in the rain or snow storm. Any recommendations on products and care? Can I use my Markk Repel on them?

I see the answer to this on the previous page...oops!

EdwardB

Reaction score
I've been lurking this thread for months and I still can't get my head around sizing for this stuff...

So if I'm 11 most shoes/11.5 Nike/wide foot, 44 for the RG x CP side zips?

smartie-pants

Reaction score
CPs on sale @ SSsense!!!' Just picked up mmh 2nd pair of Chelseas with free express shipping for 355!!!!

Last edited:

bobby321

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the shipping methods to canada? Is Dhl express or usps priority better?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS

smartie-pants

Reaction score
"tobacco" suede. ordered on the 24th, shipped UPS on the 25th and delivery scheduled for the 28th. No express shipping costs and no taxes - all for $355.

sargeinaz

Reaction score

"tobacco" suede.  ordered on the 24th, shipped UPS on the 25th and delivery scheduled for the 28th.  No express shipping costs and no taxes - all for $355.

Nice pick up. Post some pics when you get them. I was eyeing those, but didn't pull the trigger.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought that Achilles run more narrow than the Chelseas? So if you're a 43 in Achilles and that's comfortable for you, then from what I've read a 43 in Chelsea's should work no?

my chelseas fit slimmer than my achilles low in my experience (so much so that my outer toes were hurting by the time i took them off when i wore them out for the first time; didn't have this problem with the lows)

they're both size 40

there was an interesting point brought up a while ago that the sizing between models might be different in different sizes

for example, while my chelseas in a 40 might be slimmer than my lows in a 40, a 43 in chelseas might have the same (or wider) width as a 43 in achilles lows since the sizing isn't as minute in the larger sizes

Last edited:

lomaxbernie

Reaction score
Not to spam with sizing info, but I just got a pair of the chelsea workboots from the Ssense sale. I'm typically a 13 (New Balance, Converse, etc.), and on the wide side (Alden's Trubalance in 12.5 is about perfect). Also for a recent Quoddy custom order I have my actual measurements:

Length: 12 1/4"
Width (at widest point): 4 1/16"
Width (at arches): 3 7/16"
Width (at heel): 3"

Anyways, for CP's:

BBall Low: 45
Canvas/Leather Slip-on: 47
Chelsea Workboot: 46

I've tried several pairs of Achilles in 46 (long story), but all are too small. Also I tried the BBall's in 46, but they were too big. The Chelsea Workboots fit well in the length, but are a little snug width-wise. They're not particularly uncomfortable though, so I think I can keep them and they'll stretch a little.

I thought I'd chime in since I'm kind of all over the board on sizing.

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score

Not to spam with sizing info, but I just got a pair of the chelsea workboots from the Ssense sale.  I'm typically a 13 (New Balance, Converse, etc.), and on the wide side (Alden's Trubalance in 12.5 is about perfect).  Also for a recent Quoddy custom order I have my actual measurements:

Length:  12 1/4"
Width (at widest point):  4 1/16"
Width (at arches):  3 7/16"
Width (at heel):  3"

Anyways, for CP's:

BBall Low:  45
Canvas/Leather Slip-on:  47
Chelsea Workboot:  46

I've tried several pairs of Achilles in 46 (long story), but all are too small.  Also I tried the BBall's in 46, but they were too big.  The Chelsea Workboots fit well in the length, but are a little snug width-wise.  They're not particularly uncomfortable though, so I think I can keep them and they'll stretch a little.  

I thought I'd chime in since I'm kind of all over the board on sizing.  

I also purchased the CP Chelsea Workboots from SSENSE as well. I'm hoping its not as narrow as the regular Chelsea boots. Mine is arriving Wednesday so will update the thread then.

akjc

Reaction score
@ike. Insulated for warmth. I'm from Canada so I'm trying to figure out how 'Winter' they are. I'm guessing that they're probably more suited to fall / spring weather which is what I was looking for. Which is nice so these can be pretty versatile. I'm also lazy when it comes to laces so the side zips rate as an important feature.

I would not wear the Chelsea boots in winter. The crepe sole and suede would be a disaster for any bit of precipitation.
Does anyone know if the CP Chelsea Workboots are wider than the Chelsea Boots? Judging by the pics, there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference other than a slightly thicker crepe sole and maybe a slightly rounder toe part.
Anyone on here have the Workboots? Thanks
I just realized I ordered the work boots. The sole and chunkier look of the shoe is actually bothering me now as I view the pictures side by side. I'm probably going to return them.

Does it remind anyone of Blundstones?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone cleaned the suede on their CPs? Can I use Jason markk? And a suede brush.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads