• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just posted this at B&S and thought I should post here too. For Modified Last fans: I receive e-mails from The Shoe Mart each month with their inventory of Alden seconds in 12D and 11.5D. Today's e-mail showed that The Shoe Mart has three pairs of 12D seconds on the Modified Last. They are: Brown scotch grain boot ($289):
FD-45624H.jpg
Black calf NST ($289):
FD-54007.jpg
Black perforated cap toe blucher ($389). I believe the shoe is in shell:
FD-56251F.jpg

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted this at B&S this morning:

My RL sales associate found a pair of Peerings in 12D (I assume that they are 11.5/12D, not 12/12.5D) and has them on hold for me. I think I am going to pass on them. Send me a PM if you want the SA's name and phone number. The cost is $375. If I don't hear from anyone I will call him to let them go sometime in the early afternoon. My SA is in South Florida but the shoes are out of state.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA

Sierra Trading Post has 25-40% off coupons today including clearance items.

Some Isaia jackets for $319, Corneliani $250 etc.

Coupon is today's deal-flyer.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
Coupon is today's deal-flyer.

Which part of this?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone have an update on when they'll hit NYC next? Thanks

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
End of January. So March.

Very seriously considering a brown flannel 3/2 roll jacket with patch pockets and matching trousers. Any objections?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Solito does the jackets and Ambrosi does the trousers.

I know but he made it seem like he was going to two people who don't have the solito/rubinacci/ambrosi relationship. If you see Solito, wouldn't he measure you for the trousers for the suit, even though Ambrosi is making them? or do people get measured by both everytime?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I know but he made it seem like he was going to two people who don't have the solito/rubinacci/ambrosi relationship. If you see Solito, wouldn't he measure you for the trousers for the suit, even though Ambrosi is making them? or do people get measured by both everytime?

So far, they have both been there all but one time. I don't know if Solito took trouser measurements when he was alone, but I assume he must have.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
or do people get measured by both everytime?

yes, they travel together.

last time, Ambrosi wasn't there but Solito didn't have to take any measurments for me. Just take a note down on the waist that was too big. I'll see Ambrosi again for any updates on the commissions they currently have for me.

But another one is calling me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads