• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Sartoria Pirozzi New York Trunk Show Thread | Info, Questions, Appointments

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Official Sartoria Pirozzi New York Trunk Show
New York City

October 14-16, 2023
Hotel James​

Styleforum is delighted to introduce Sartoria Pirozzi as our esteemed special guest for the entire month of October!

For those unfamiliar, Sartoria Pirozzi is a venerable sartoria based in Naples, with a heritage spanning two generations. Its founder, Nunzio, inaugurated his first tailor's workshop nearly six decades ago, passing down the craft to his son, Domenico. Today, Domenico is steering Sartorial Pirozzi towards international recognition, bringing Neapolitan tailoring in cities around the world through their trunk shows.

processing-cutting-01-sartoriapirozzi-jpg.2038699

2-processing-cutting-jpg.2038697

Sartoria Pirozzi embodies the quintessence of Neapolitan tailoring, crafting ethereal jackets that epitomize elegance with painstaking attention to detail. You'll witness their mastery firsthand when they take over this thread, in anticipation of their upcoming New York Trunk Show scheduled for October 14th, 15th, and 16th.

Feel free to engage them (@sartoria pirozzi) with your inquiries about the sartoria, and don't hesitate to delve into the finer nuances of their craft, as the tailors are eager to provide in-depth insights! Additionally, we encourage you to reach out via private messages for inquiries regarding appointments for the NYC trunk show.

This thread will remain open until October 31st, serving as a valuable resource for everyone to acquaint themselves with one of Naples' most esteemed tailoring establishments. We also invite you to share your experiences if you have the pleasure of meeting them in the bustling heart of New York this month.

7287d8af-8282-4498-ba10-f68af4fb348f-jpeg.2038701

james.darley

Reaction score
@LA Guy I am delighted to see that Styleforum is highlighting Sartoria Pirozzi.

I had the pleasure to meet almost the entire family during my trip to Naples in January. They were extremely accommodating and my first commission was finalized in July of this year. I couldn’t be happier and I will be using Pirozzi again in the future.

I am happy to answer any questions that prospective clients have regarding fittings, logistics, etc.

Below is an imagine of my Pirozzi double breasted suit using Fox Bros cloth.

IMG_6979.jpeg

New York City

October 14-16, 2023
Hotel James​

Styleforum is delighted to introduce Sartoria Pirozzi as our esteemed special guest for the entire month of October!

For those unfamiliar, Sartoria Pirozzi is a venerable sartoria based in Naples, with a heritage spanning two generations. Its founder, Nunzio, inaugurated his first tailor's workshop nearly six decades ago, passing down the craft to his son, Domenico. Today, Domenico is steering Sartorial Pirozzi towards international recognition, bringing Neapolitan tailoring in cities around the world through their trunk shows.

Sartoria Pirozzi embodies the quintessence of Neapolitan tailoring, crafting ethereal jackets that epitomize elegance with painstaking attention to detail. You'll witness their mastery firsthand when they take over this thread, in anticipation of their upcoming New York Trunk Show scheduled for October 14th, 15th, and 16th.

Feel free to engage them (@sartoria pirozzi) with your inquiries about the sartoria, and don't hesitate to delve into the finer nuances of their craft, as the tailors are eager to provide in-depth insights! Additionally, we encourage you to reach out via private messages for inquiries regarding appointments for the NYC trunk show.

This thread will remain open until October 31st, serving as a valuable resource for everyone to acquaint themselves with one of Naples' most esteemed tailoring establishments. We also invite you to share your experiences if you have the pleasure of meeting them in the bustling heart of the New York this month.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had the pleasure to meet almost the entire family during my trip to Naples in January. They were extremely accommodating and my first commission was finalized in July of this year. I couldn’t be happier and I will be using Pirozzi again in the future.

I am happy to answer any questions that prospective clients have regarding fittings, logistics, etc.

View attachment 2038975
That looks terrific. Could you give a brief rundown of the process, product, and price range, just for the benefit of the forum? Glad you had a good experience.

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New York City

October 14-16, 2023
Hotel James​

This thread will remain open until October 31st, serving as a valuable resource for everyone to acquaint themselves with one of Naples' most esteemed tailoring establishments. We also invite you to share your experiences if you have the pleasure of meeting them in the bustling heart of the New York this month.

Goodmorning All,
Here we are with our presentation. Hope to meet you during this event in New York.

PIC2.jpg

About Us
Seventy years ago, Sartoria Pirozzi came into existence, all thanks to the prodigious talent of Maestro Nunzio Pirozzi. His journey commenced as a young apprentice with the renowned tailor Sorrentino in Casalnuovo di Napoli._

At the tender age of 26, confident in his tailoring prowess, Nunzio opened his first tailor shop, thus igniting an extraordinary tale of sartorial excellence. Over the past 15 years, Sartoria Pirozzi has undergone a remarkable transformation, evolving from a local tailor shop into an international sensation, thanks to the dedication of Giovanna and Domenico Pirozzi.

Giovanna embodies the essence of warm and genuine southern Italian hospitality, while Domenico, having acquired the artistry of tailoring from his father, Nunzio, working shoulder to shoulder year after year, has added his own layer of creativity and innovation. This is why today Sartoria Pirozzi encapsulates the true essence of manufacturing tradition, infused with a contemporary and original flair.

Our suits stand apart by virtue of an unwavering commitment to perfection in every detail. The jacket, akin to a second skin, offers remarkable comfort, facilitated by high armholes, while maintaining an elegant yet robust fit. Elements such as the Manica Camicia, the precisely sculpted “barchetta" pocket, the enduring canvassing, the subtly sharp lapels that never veer into excess, and the painstakingly handmade Neapolitan buttonholes, with their distinct embossed thickness and linear form, collectively define the hallmark of our creations. Each Sartoria Pirozzi suit is an invitation to partake in a genuine and immersive sartorial experience.

Domenico arrives in New York not only to introduce but also to affirm that the art of Neapolitan tailoring, despite the seismic shifts in recent years, not only persists but thrives by continually reinventing itself, always cherishing its roots in traditional craftsmanship.

We eagerly await your participation in this bespoke journey, an opportunity to revel in the art of innovation as we expand your wardrobe with new bespoke suits, jackets, vests, overcoats, and shirts. Join us for this distinctive experience, where craftsmanship meets personal expression.
Grazie Mille
Sartoria Pirozzi

Last edited:

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 2038975
Thanks a lot for this beautiful picture. You are top!

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
HOW MANY MEETINGS FOR OUR BESPOKE SUIT?
PIC6.jpg

Buongiorno,
We usually come in New York, more or less, every 3 months.
At least 2 meetings are required.
FIRST MEETING: to get measurments and choose togheter fabrics and details of your suits.
SECOND MEETING: for the first fitting, when the tailor will value fit of the item, on the base of measurments and kind of fabric.
THIRD MEETING (when necessary): to value not only the alterated fit, but also to finally see all the details choosen (like pocket and lining).
Then we finish and ship home the suit.
Happy to answer to all your questions.
Domenico Pirozzi

james.darley

Reaction score
Of course, I'd be happy to give a brief rundown of the process and product for the benefit of the forum.

Process - 9.5/10

I first reached out to Sartoria Pirozzi in early January 2023 prior to my family's trip to Napoli. In my initial email, I asked if it would be possible to do an initial appointment and first fitting during my 1 week stay in Napoli.

It took them less than 24 hours to respond and to let me know that it would be possible to do both. They also graciously offered to take me to and from my appointments as they are located approximately 8 miles from the heart of Napoli in the municipality of Casalnuovo di Napoli.

After confirming that I would like to make an appointment, I was messaged via WhatsApp by Rita, their office manager. Rita speaks and writes fluently in English, so communication was quite easy. At this stage, we discussed cloth and since I wanted to use Fox Brothers, she let me know that they would need to order it. A few days later, I received the following photo from Rita letting me know that the cloth had arrived.

image0 (3).jpeg

Without going into too much detail, here is a bit of a timeline of my bespoke experience:

1. Order and measurement (01/30/2023)
2. First fitting at Sartoria Pirrozi (02/01/2023)
3. Second fitting in New York City (03/31/2023)
4. Suit finished and delivered (07/21/2023)

I would like to note that the suit was finished in early June and it was ready to ship, but I asked to pick it up at their July trunk show. So in total the process took 4 months, which is lightning quick for bespoke.

If you do the entire process in New York City, then I would assume the timeframe would be closer to 9 months since Domenico is coming every 3 months.

Customer Service - 10/10

Hands down, my best bespoke experience from a customer service standpoint.

Rita is beyond excellent. She is organized, responsive, and extremely professional. She kept me informed every step of the way. While Rita does not travel with Domenico and Marco (I believe Domenico's nephew) to trunk shows, they have a very capable translator with them. So language is not an issue, if you do not speak Italian or Neapolitan.

At fittings, Domenico is very professional and efficient. I had the privilege to have both Maestro Nunzio and Domenico at my first fitting at Sartoria Pirozzi and also Ciro, their in-house trouser maker. Both my first fitting and second fitting took approximately 15 minutes to 20 minutes and were very thorough.

image1 (3).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg

image3 (2).jpeg

Fit and Quality - 9/10

I asked Maestro Nunzio and Domenico to make me their house style double breasted. Where I did make modifications were to the trousers. Knowing the Neapolitan tendency to cut tapered trousers with smaller leg openings and little to no break, I let them know that I wanted more classic fitting trousers with buttons for braces (the latter is not standard unlike many British tailoring houses, so make sure to request it).

The end result is an absolutely lovely garment with lovely proportions. The one area of improvement would be the area around the collar. There is the every slightest collar gap on the left side, which occurs during movement. This is an area where I've had issues in the past, but Domenico is looking to make one last final tweak at the upcoming trunk show to correct it.

IMG_6981 (1).jpg

What particularly impressed me was the finishing of the garment. Having used other Neapolitan tailors, one of the areas that is always particularly glaring is the lack of refinement in the handwork and finishing of garments, but this is not the case with Sartoria Pirozzi. I attribute this to the fact that every step of the process is done in-house, including trousers. The tailoring house is not small and has approximately 15 people working on various segments of the garment. Many of which are other family members including Domenico's daughter, nephews, and Nunzio's brother Felice.

Overall, I would highly recommend Sartoria Pirozzi, if you are interested in trying out Neapolitan tailoring. For pricing, I'd email them or DM on the forum.

That looks terrific. Could you give a brief rundown of the process, product, and price range, just for the benefit of the forum? Glad you had a good experience.

Attachments

• image4 (1).jpeg
    image4 (1).jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, I'd be happy to give a brief rundown of the process and product for the benefit of the forum.

Process - 9.5/10

I first reached out to Sartoria Pirozzi in early January 2023 prior to my family's trip to Napoli. In my initial email, I asked if it would be possible to do an initial appointment and first fitting during my 1 week stay in Napoli.

It took them less than 24 hours to respond and to let me know that it would be possible to do both. They also graciously offered to take me to and from my appointments as they are located approximately 8 miles from the heart of Napoli in the municipality of Casalnuovo di Napoli.

After confirming that I would like to make an appointment, I was messaged via WhatsApp by Rita, their office manager. Rita speaks and writes fluently in English, so communication was quite easy. At this stage, we discussed cloth and since I wanted to use Fox Brothers, she let me know that they would need to order it. A few days later, I received the following photo from Rita letting me know that the cloth had arrived.

View attachment 2039301

Without going into too much detail, here is a bit of a timeline of my bespoke experience:

1. Order and measurement (01/30/2023)
2. First fitting at Sartoria Pirrozi (02/01/2023)
3. Second fitting in New York City (03/31/2023)
4. Suit finished and delivered (07/21/2023)

I would like to note that the suit was finished in early June and it was ready to ship, but I asked to pick it up at their July trunk show. So in total the process took 4 months, which is lightning quick for bespoke.

If you do the entire process in New York City, then I would assume the timeframe would be closer to 9 months since Domenico is coming every 3 months.

Customer Service - 10/10

Hands down, my best bespoke experience from a customer service standpoint.

Rita is beyond excellent. She is organized, responsive, and extremely professional. She kept me informed every step of the way. While Rita does not travel with Domenico and Marco (I believe Domenico's nephew) to trunk shows, they have a very capable translator with them. So language is not an issue, if you do not speak Italian or Neapolitan.

At fittings, Domenico is very professional and efficient. I had the privilege to have both Maestro Nunzio and Domenico at my first fitting at Sartoria Pirozzi and also Ciro, their in-house trouser maker. Both my first fitting and second fitting took approximately 15 minutes to 20 minutes and were very thorough.

View attachment 2039313 View attachment 2039315

View attachment 2039317

Fit and Quality - 9/10

I asked Mastro Nunzio and Domenico to make me their house style double breasted. Where I did make modifications were to the trousers. Knowing the Neapolitan tendency to cut tapered trousers with smaller leg openings and little to no break, I let them know that I wanted more classic fitting trousers with buttons for braces (the latter is not standard unlike many British tailoring houses, so make sure to request it).

The end result is an absolutely lovely garment with lovely proportions. The one area of improvement would be the area around the collar. There is the every slightest collar gap on the left side, which occurs during movement. This is an area where I've had issues in the past, but Domenico is looking to make one last final tweak at the upcoming trunk show to correct it.

View attachment 2039333

What particularly impressed me was the finishing of the garment. Having used other Neapolitan tailors, one of the areas that is always particularly glaring is the lack of refinement in the handwork and finishing of garments, but this is not the case with Sartoria Pirozzi. I attribute this to the fact that every step of the process is done in-house, including trousers. The tailoring house is not small and has approximately 15 people working on various segments of the garment. Many of which are other family members including Domenico's daughter, nephews, and Nunzio's brother Felice.

Overall, I would highly recommend Sartoria Pirozzi, if you are interested in trying out Neapolitan tailoring. For pricing, I'd email them or DM on the forum.
That looks great, and yes, Rita is terrific.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads