• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Sartoria Pirozzi New York Trunk Show Thread | Info, Questions, Appointments

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Goodmorning all, how are you? We would like to show some of our bespoke creation for all the people who don’t know us. Enjoy.
IMG_5792.jpeg
IMG_5794.jpeg
IMG_5797.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 54

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is excellent. Could you please tell us a bit about the craftsmanship involved in making the shirts?
Of course, with pleasure.
The Pirozzi’ Shirt is the daughter of the art of masters tailors belonging to Neapolitan tradition.
It takes up same details of Neapolitan tailoring connected to the blazer: with a soft and lower shoulder and iconic grinzas.
Style has been studied to give a comfortable fit, but not too classic, to combine casual and elegance.
Armholes and stitching on shoulders are handmade, as well as cannon comes folded and sewed by hand.
Embroidery is refined by hand: the Italian flag, buttonholes and joists.
We work both on bespoke and rtw shirts , for sure we will bring with us, at the event in NY, some master garments to try and a beautiful fabric selection.

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Goodmorning all From Nunzio and Domenico Pirozzi. During next few days , Nunzio and Domenico will be here available to answer back to all your questions and doubts about Neapolitan tailoring, manifacturing and fabrics. Please, write here your question.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum order for bespoke shirts for a first time customer?

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a minimum order for bespoke shirts for a first time customer?
Goodevening, no..there is not a minimum order. To be safe and create the best shirt ever, if bespoke, after the order, we create a sample for the customer to try and then when the fit is perfect we work on fabrics you choose. Then we also have a particular kind of rtw: you choose the fabric and we create the shirt standard size.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canvas is the soul of handmade jacket. Inside our jackets, it is sewn and not glued.
Do you know how to recognize the difference between a sewn soul and a glued soul?

The so-called pinch test, I think? The lining shifts on a hand attached sewn canvas lined jacket. Or at least, they do on mine.

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The so-called pinch test, I think? The lining shifts on a hand attached sewn canvas lined jacket. Or at least, they do on mine.
Yes, it works of course. But, even just looking you can recognize a sewed canvas from a glued one. When canvas (which a resistent material , that’s why it is also used) is sewed (and not everywhere, but only in some points inside the jacket), first of all, you can see that the coat is not rigid, but well shaped and soft at the same time. Using canvas, the jacket created becomes resistent and well structured, but taking the shape of the body as a second skin.

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today we want show you a jacket ( we finished two days ago) with a nice particular: patch ticket pocket. This jacket is a nice bright navy hopsack and the customer opted for patch pockets everywhere, with an amazing new lining inside. Waiting for your feedback.
IMG_5841.png

IMG_5813.jpeg
IMG_5806.jpeg
IMG_5805.jpeg

dynemacron

Reaction score
Yes, it works of course. But, even just looking you can recognize a sewed canvas from a glued one. When canvas (which a resistent material , that’s why it is also used) is sewed (and not everywhere, but only in some points inside the jacket), first of all, you can see that the coat is not rigid, but well shaped and soft at the same time. Using canvas, the jacket created becomes resistent and well structured, but taking the shape of the body as a second skin.
Are there different types of canvas that your team uses? Material wise?

sartoria pirozzi

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We Dome' e vni a LA. Domenico you should come to Los Angeles
Ciao Gennaro, I would like to, it will be a next stop. The only thing which is stopping me is that it is really not easy to promote the event, probably because I’m from Naples and I still don’t know how to do it there. I’m sure that the way we work is the one and that a lot of people are interested in Neapolitan tailoring, but, as you can imagine, to organize more events I need to create a bigger follow in there, and it is seriously not easy , because, even if , sometimes, mtm brands are more expensive, customers prefers them because of the trusting created trough marketing. We are artisans, not big brand at the moment, and we need to be supported. I want to invite people to also just give a look to the work we are doing, also just having a nice long coffee (or maybe a nice espresso ;)) togheter just to see. People sometimes can not imagine that to create a bespoke handmade jacket (completely handmade, and it is what we do) are required more than 50 hours of work by a single tailor. Artisans are precious right now. In Italy it is becoming hard to find young tailors. I have to say that we are really lucky because my father (who is 85 years old) still works with us and taught us all his secrets, and then my daughter Giusy and my nephew Marco are following the same way, becoming tailors.
So, dear newyorkers and americans: if you are looking for a future , I can say that we won’t leave you for years and years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads