• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Sartoria Pirozzi New York Trunk Show Thread | Info, Questions, Appointments

Gennaro

Reaction score
Ciao Gennaro, I would like to, it will be a next stop. The only thing which is stopping me is that it is really not easy to promote the event, probably because I’m from Naples and I still don’t know how to do it there. I’m sure that the way we work is the one and that a lot of people are interested in Neapolitan tailoring, but, as you can imagine, to organize more events I need to create a bigger follow in there, and it is seriously not easy , because, even if , sometimes, mtm brands are more expensive, customers prefers them because of the trusting created trough marketing. We are artisans, not big brand at the moment, and we need to be supported. I want to invite people to also just give a look to the work we are doing, also just having a nice long coffee (or maybe a nice espresso ;)) togheter just to see. People sometimes can not imagine that to create a bespoke handmade jacket (completely handmade, and it is what we do) are required more than 50 hours of work by a single tailor. Artisans are precious right now. In Italy it is becoming hard to find young tailors. I have to say that we are really lucky because my father (who is 85 years old) still works with us and taught us all his secrets, and then my daughter Giusy and my nephew Marco are following the same way, becoming tailors.
So, dear newyorkers and americans: if you are looking for a future , I can say that we won’t leave you for years and years.
Domenico se lavorate bene i clienti a LA ci sono a valanga. Fatemi sapere. Cmq possiamo anche sentirci. Vi scrivo in privato.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since no one is asking more technical questions, I have a question out of curiosity?

Where is your Sartoria in Napoli? Is it in Casanuovo di Napoli? Or is it in Napoli? I thought I saw you had a Sartoria on Viale A. Gramsci, is that still around?

james.darley

Reaction score
@jonathanS I believe the Viale A. Gramsci is now closed. When I visited them back in January of this year, they had recently opened at their new location in Casanuovo di Napoli. The office building is absolutely gorgeous and they have quite a lot of space.

On one side, they greet clients, cut, and have fittings. On the other side is their workshop. It was cool to get a tour of the workshop and get a better understanding of what makes a Pirozzi jacket.

I'm seeing them on Monday, Oct 16th, so will try to get some additional photos for this thread.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ciao Gennaro, I would like to, it will be a next stop. The only thing which is stopping me is that it is really not easy to promote the event, probably because I’m from Naples and I still don’t know how to do it there. I’m sure that the way we work is the one and that a lot of people are interested in Neapolitan tailoring, but, as you can imagine, to organize more events I need to create a bigger follow in there, and it is seriously not easy , because, even if , sometimes, mtm brands are more expensive, customers prefers them because of the trusting created trough marketing. We are artisans, not big brand at the moment, and we need to be supported. I want to invite people to also just give a look to the work we are doing, also just having a nice long coffee (or maybe a nice espresso ;)) togheter just to see. People sometimes can not imagine that to create a bespoke handmade jacket (completely handmade, and it is what we do) are required more than 50 hours of work by a single tailor. Artisans are precious right now. In Italy it is becoming hard to find young tailors. I have to say that we are really lucky because my father (who is 85 years old) still works with us and taught us all his secrets, and then my daughter Giusy and my nephew Marco are following the same way, becoming tailors.
So, dear newyorkers and americans: if you are looking for a future , I can say that we won’t leave you for years and years.
I would assume it's rather unlikely there is enough of a market in LA to justify a trip, (we are slobs, sadly) but I'd love to see LA added to the list!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads