• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Thinking of summer, would anyone else be interested in linen pique for golf/polo shirts? I have a couple and they're much better in the heat than cotton. They dry faster than cotton too, which is helpful for travel in particular.

For the same reasons, I'd also like blue and gray denim made of a cotton/linen blend or cotton/hemp . Really lightweight, something around 8 oz.

Anyone know of a good source for these kinds of fabric?

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I didn't know linen pique existed... But I like everything linen, so I'd be interested. I might want to try it for a regular casual shirt.

And what is duck canvas?

Last edited:

Turner

Reaction score
Thinking of summer, would anyone else be interested in linen pique for golf/polo shirts? I have a couple and they're much better in the heat than cotton. They dry faster than cotton too, which is helpful for travel in particular.

For the same reasons, I'd also like blue and gray denim made of a cotton/linen blend or cotton/hemp . Really lightweight, something around 8 oz.

Definitely interested in linen pique. I was intrigued to buy some button-up-shirts made of that fabric, but the price was out ouf my ballpark, about 200 Euros. It felt very dry and cool, great fabric. A more affordable alternative would be most welcome.

Unfortunately I do not have a source, but these might be a starting point
http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?topic=6895.0
http://bandjfabrics.com/fabrics/linen-knit
http://www.hartsfabric.com/linen-fabric-knit.html
http://www.naturstoff.de/shop/Linen/Knitted-linen/900205/c.html?
http://www.stoffekontor.de/jerseystoffe-nicki-sweat-leinenjersey-de.html
http://www.siebenblau.de/epages/618.../61896147/Products/107LJ1/SubProducts/M107LJ1
http://www.meterwerk.de/bio-stoffe/bio-leinen.html
http://www.tessuti-shop.com/products/toffee-knit

On a side note, a very open weave, pique-like cotton shirting would be also nice for summer.

Source: http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/shirts/hemd-blau/H4248.html

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Very interested in this. I intended to get a long sleeve golf polo like http://www.kentwang.com/polos however DHL lost my sample long sleeve. But since I now have a fitting shirt pattern at Luxire, it should be not too difficult to derive a polo pattern.

For me the fabrics should not be in bright colours though. I prefer muted and pastel colours, pale blue, lavender, ecru, taupe, coffee also non pastel colours like maroon, forrest green and burnt orange.

Personally I prefer having mottled or speckled fabrics over completely solid colours.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some of the shirts we have shipped in the last few days:

Black_With_Magenta_Hairline_Stripes_grande.jpg

BLACK WITH MAGENTA HAIRLINE STRIPES

What are the specs of the collar on that, looks awesome

That is a fused point collar with 3" points and 0.75" tie gap.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the pic, that looks great. I'm definitely getting that on my last order. Added the shirring to the Luxire googledoc. Would you mind sharing your order number?

Luxire, would you be able to hand sew the shoulder, exactly the same way as in these pictures? How much extra would that cost?

Yes. The hand-finish package is $100 and includes a few other touches too.

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Arrived about a year late to the party...

So I'm looking to order a pair in the mushroom twill. Does anyone have a pic of the color/being worn?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^
I didn't know linen pique existed... But I like everything linen, so I'd be interested. I might want to try it for a regular casual shirt.

And what is duck canvas?

Epaulet has some great duck canvas chinos here:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-special-order/products/mto-rivet-chino-duck-canvas

I really like the fabrics and have a few pairs of these, but I'd tweak some of the measurements if I could get Luxire to make an MTM version wih similar fabric.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Knitted pique in linen-cotton blend is in the works. Linen should arrive soon too.

We have duck canvas in khaki, if of interest. Will add images tomorrow.

We also waxed duck canvas in khaki.

scrolls

Reaction score
Knitted pique in linen-cotton has me excited. Redoing my golf attire was on the to-do list this spring anyway.

scrolls

Reaction score
Any opinions here on the best route to go for my first bespoke suit? Important to note, I currently own one crappy fitting OTR suit, pants from Luxire that fit perfect and one OTR sport coat that fits pretty good, not great. So my options are:

1. Pay my tailor $1,500 to make my first bespoke suit which will almost certainly come out perfect. For future suits I would send this one into Luxire to have copied and thus should get perfect fitting suits from Luxire.

2. The same suit (pretty much, slightly different fabric but close enough) costs $850 from Luxire. Since I don't have a great fitting sport coat or suit jacket I'm nervous about this option. I never minded ordering a first shirt or pant because worst case scenario is I waste $90. Having a bad experience on a first suit can waste $850.

The cost difference is $650 which is certainly meaningful but won't break the bank or anything. Appreciate your thoughts!

prozach1576

Reaction score

Epaulet has some great duck canvas chinos here:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-special-order/products/mto-rivet-chino-duck-canvas

I really like the fabrics and have a few pairs of these, but I'd tweak some of the measurements if I could get Luxire to make an MTM version wih similar fabric.

Yeah, I love the Epaulet chinos but I have to get them hemmed and tapered so the cost adds up. I would also like to be able to get a felled crotch seam for durability.

Duck canvas has a great denim-like drape that I've come to prefer over standard cotton chino fabrics.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any opinions here on the best route to go for my first bespoke suit? Important to note, I currently own one crappy fitting OTR suit, pants from Luxire that fit perfect and one OTR sport coat that fits pretty good, not great. So my options are:

1. Pay my tailor $1,500 to make my first bespoke suit which will almost certainly come out perfect. For future suits I would send this one into Luxire to have copied and thus should get perfect fitting suits from Luxire.

2. The same suit (pretty much, slightly different fabric but close enough) costs $850 from Luxire. Since I don't have a great fitting sport coat or suit jacket I'm nervous about this option. I never minded ordering a first shirt or pant because worst case scenario is I waste $90. Having a bad experience on a first suit can waste $850.

The cost difference is $650 which is certainly meaningful but won't break the bank or anything. Appreciate your thoughts!

Which cloth are you considering that would be an $850 suit from Luxire? I figured a $199 trouser fabric would be roughly a $450 jacket in the same fabric, coming out to around $650. Are you thinking about going with a more expensive fabric?

Yeah, I love the Epaulet chinos but I have to get them hemmed and tapered so the cost adds up. I would also like to be able to get a felled crotch seam for durability.

Duck canvas has a great denim-like drape that I've come to prefer over standard cotton chino fabrics.

For my Epaulet rivet chinos I need to size up because I need more room in the thighs, so I always need to get the waist taken in to account for sizing up. I'd also probably get a higher rise if I could go MTM in a similar fabric. Luxire - if you could get duck canvas in something other than khaki that would be great, like moss or chocolate brown.

Wade

Reaction score
Any opinions here on the best route to go for my first bespoke suit? Important to note, I currently own one crappy fitting OTR suit, pants from Luxire that fit perfect and one OTR sport coat that fits pretty good, not great. So my options are:

1. Pay my tailor $1,500 to make my first bespoke suit which will almost certainly come out perfect. For future suits I would send this one into Luxire to have copied and thus should get perfect fitting suits from Luxire.

2. The same suit (pretty much, slightly different fabric but close enough) costs $850 from Luxire. Since I don't have a great fitting sport coat or suit jacket I'm nervous about this option. I never minded ordering a first shirt or pant because worst case scenario is I waste $90. Having a bad experience on a first suit can waste $850.

Are you sure the 1500 is actually bespoke? I feel like bespoke is thrown around a lot but a lot will tell you it's bespoke when it's more MTM. Bespoke is more 3000+ imo
But I'd get a nice fitting suit first and then send it in for replication.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BahirRicha