• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Jorme

Reaction score
I deleted the images because I felt very unwelcome with some of the rude comments on the forum. I have very little tolerance for nonconstructive comments masquerading as "criticism" and had little desire to leave the images on the forum to fuel the flaming. Several members asked for them to be re-posted so here they are.

I was excited to get my shirt and impressed with Luxire's execution so I wanted to share the process from my sketch to the finished product, which is what I'm trying to do with all the shirts I order. I enjoy illustration so I simply applied it to sketching out a shirt design, as I have seen some other members do on the forum.

The important thing is that Luxire is not tied to any particular style, although its been adopted by the classically leaning folks on this site I think other styles can be represented as well. I personally do not wear classic menswear as is traditionally posted on the forum. I enjoy wearing more workwear inspired clothing, especially brands like Engineered Garments. Luxire lets me play with some of the details I like, even though they may not all be combined successfully, I find them quite useful for my daily office/field grind.... its also a fun little design exercise.

I welcome feedback, however, saying something is just "pretty bad" is not constructive for anyone. Thanks for the interest.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I welcome feedback, however, saying something is just "pretty bad" is not constructive for anyone. Thanks for the interest.

Welcome to the boards mate, shirts not my cup of tea but glad you're happy with Luxires service and found your way here.

Whilst I share your sentiment regarding constructive comments at the end of the day its the internet and you post pictures people are going to comment and some may be less than subtle and less than constructive, that is the nature of opinions. I don't say that to dissuade you from posting in fact hope you do keep posting and sharing your pics but just set your expectations accordingly.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
I deleted the images because I felt very unwelcome with some of the rude comments on the forum. I have very little tolerance for nonconstructive comments masquerading as "criticism" and had little desire to leave the images on the forum to fuel the flaming. Several members asked for them to be re-posted so here they are.

I was excited to get my shirt and impressed with Luxire's execution so I wanted to share the process from my sketch to the finished product, which is what I'm trying to do with all the shirts I order. I enjoy illustration so I simply applied it to sketching out a shirt design, as I have seen some other members do on the forum.

The important thing is that Luxire is not tied to any particular style, although its been adopted by the classically leaning folks on this site I think other styles can be represented as well. I personally do not wear classic menswear as is traditionally posted on the forum. I enjoy wearing more workwear inspired clothing, especially brands like Engineered Garments. Luxire lets me play with some of the details I like, even though they may not all be combined successfully, I find them quite useful for my daily office/field grind.... its also a fun little design exercise.

It's styleforum. There are going to be people opposed to certain styles and other people that dig it. Some people express it in more positive ways than others, but it's not something you should mind. You put a lot of work into it, and it's an interesting shirt. I imagine you'd wear it with so much pride, you'd make a lion bow down to you.

Quick question though, what'd you use to draft the shirt?

johanm

Reaction score

I deleted the images because I felt very unwelcome with some of the rude comments on the forum. I have very little tolerance for nonconstructive comments masquerading as "criticism" and had little desire to leave the images on the forum to fuel the flaming. Several members asked for them to be re-posted so here they are. I was excited to get my shirt and impressed with Luxire's execution so I wanted to share the process from my sketch to the finished product, which is what I'm trying to do with all the shirts I order. I enjoy illustration so I simply applied it to sketching out a shirt design, as I have seen some other members do on the forum. The important thing is that Luxire is not tied to any particular style, although its been adopted by the classically leaning folks on this site I think other styles can be represented as well. I personally do not wear classic menswear as is traditionally posted on the forum. I enjoy wearing more workwear inspired clothing, especially brands like Engineered Garments. Luxire lets me play with some of the details I like, even though they may not all be combined successfully, I find them quite useful for my daily office/field grind.... its also a fun little design exercise. I welcome feedback, however, saying something is just "pretty bad" is not constructive for anyone. Thanks for the interest.
Shirt looks cool to me. Try posting it on the SW&D side. It's a good example of Luxire's capability for executing unconventional designs.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt looks cool to me. Try posting it on the SW&D side. It's a good example of Luxire's capability for executing unconventional designs.

Agreed. It's a shame Luxire is here in the CM side of the forum. I'm getting them to make me a couple of unconventional pieces and it's really good to see them doing stuff that isn't just the same old thing.

Jorme

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards mate, shirts not my cup of tea but glad you're happy with Luxires service and found your way here.

Whilst I share your sentiment regarding constructive comments at the end of the day its the internet and you post pictures people are going to comment and some may be less than subtle and less than constructive, that is the nature of opinions. I don't say that to dissuade you from posting in fact hope you do keep posting and sharing your pics but just set your expectations accordingly.

Thank you, I dont post online often and I'm not really used to it yet, but your totally right its the nature of internet anonymity.
Quick question though, what'd you use to draft the shirt?

Thanks, I use Adobe Illustrator for these types of things. The idea is to convey a design idea to the tailor and then I suppose they properly draft a pattern by hand or in CAD. I usually just trace a picture of a shirt as a base to get the proportions right then go from there.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the shirt. I catch a good amount of flak for my clothes around here too. I'd really like to see how you incorporate the shirt in an outfit. Some people don't have the imagination to see how something like this can work. Seeing is believing. Best.

Last edited:

jko

Reaction score
I like my casual collars with soft or no underlining but the problem with those is that sometimes the collar lays flat (I don't wear them with a jacket or a tie).

Do you guys think it would make sense to have a collar band with medium lining, and a collar leaf with no lining? That way the collar band would stay up and the leaf would just hang there in all its casualness. Luxire, what say you?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took me 5 years to reach post #1000 here on SF and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it than with some Luxire p0rn. My goal here was to create the perfect cold-weather travel pants, which for me means warm but soft wool, a bit more dressy than your usual casual trousers, and with flat buttoned pockets for securely carrying a phone, money, passport, room keycard, etc. These are custom cargos in grey Dugdale Yorkshire Tweed. They turned out perfectly.

The fit of the pants looks good, but I'm having trouble reconciling a no-break, perfectly creased wool trouser with cargo pockets. A pants with an identify crisis if I may say so without sounding rude.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know we're not supposed to like the cargo pockets, but those look pretty sharp. I don't really see the identity crisis. It's a chunky wool.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jorme, glad you decided to repost those. Definitely not quite my cup of tea as my tastes run very much towards traditional or classic menswear, but it is cool to see the variety of things that an operation like Luxire is capable of producing. I'm curious about the shirt pocket, though. Maybe it's just my eye and general preference for symmetry, but I'd think the shirt would look better with a pocket that was not rotated 90 degrees.

Turner

Reaction score
I like my casual collars with soft or no underlining but the problem with those is that sometimes the collar lays flat (I don't wear them with a jacket or a tie).

Do you guys think it would make sense to have a collar band with medium lining, and a collar leaf with no lining? That way the collar band would stay up and the leaf would just hang there in all its casualness. Luxire, what say you?

It depends on the fabric. I ordered two shirts with an unlined Mercer collar and lightly lined, unfused collar band. The collar stand was very good, but these were rather thick fabrics (Classic Blue Oxford, Red Oxford). When ordering thinner fabrics, I would go with a soft unfused collar lining and a medium unfused collar band. I ordered two shirts made of thin fabrics (Easy to Iron Chambray, Popeline) and a completely unlined collar and the collar is to floppy, even without a coat. I don't think just a lined collar band would have been enough.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with the pants. The cargo pockets make sense given their purpose.

Jorme

Reaction score
Maybe it's just my eye and general preference for symmetry, but I'd think the shirt would look better with a pocket that was not rotated 90 degrees.
Perhaps. I got the idea from a flannel shirt own where the pockets are attached with the pattern rotated, so wanted to try something like that but with an oxford fabric. I tend to like more asymmetrical things, but maybe the shirt pattern would work better with a solid fabric.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78