• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK everyone, I could use some fabric advice for summer trousers. Since my M.O. is to have Luxire make everything, maybe they or other SFers could help me either pick fabrics from current or upcoming Luxire availability or point me to mills where I might buy the material myself. What I need is:

1. A very pale blue. I'm thinking tropical wool for this?
2. An opaque white that will not wrinkle like a mo-fo but will hold a crease. They really have to be opaque; I can't have the outlines of the pockets visible. (I do have some heavy white AG chinos like this but they are basically cut like jeans; what I want here is something less casual.)

See inspiration for both below. Any input appreciated.

1. I have the following blue from Luxire bookmarked, but it might be too blue for your needs. It's also linen rather than wool. http://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/dugdale_linen_corn_blue_plain You might also want to try looking at H&S' Target Gabardine book; it has some very nice summery fabrics in 9oz wool. Gab is not totally opaque, but it's not bad and in a non-white colour I think you should be fine. I'm going to try a sandy/tan/butterscotchy pair from this book (via my B&M tailor, not Luxire) later this year.
2. I'm after something similar (and also hate pocket outlines) but have yet to find a suitable fabric. For me, ideally it would be a tropical wool, but all tropical wools in white tend to be see-through.

Quote:
Will likely wear them later this week; will try to remember to x-post into here from WAYWRN when I do.

johanm

Reaction score

Just a quick note to say thanks again to Luxire: another 3 beautiful shirts, and a useful pocket square too. To anyone considering the new G&R fabrics but debating whether they're worth the price, I would say yes! The 55%linen/45%cotton blend is particular gorgeous, and well worth the money IMO.

Have you tried the 65/35 cotton/linen blend? Curious as to how they compare.

deadAngle

Reaction score

Action shot of Luxire $99 flannels and a warzone twill shirt with French cuffs. I got the pants slightly generously sized for the sake of thermal underwear and -45 degrees weather, though it's not quite that cold outside today. Off-seam pockets, single forward pleats, button fly.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Any opinions here on the best route to go for my first bespoke suit? Important to note, I currently own one crappy fitting OTR suit, pants from Luxire that fit perfect and one OTR sport coat that fits pretty good, not great. So my options are:

1. Pay my tailor $1,500 to make my first bespoke suit which will almost certainly come out perfect. For future suits I would send this one into Luxire to have copied and thus should get perfect fitting suits from Luxire.

2. The same suit (pretty much, slightly different fabric but close enough) costs $850 from Luxire. Since I don't have a great fitting sport coat or suit jacket I'm nervous about this option. I never minded ordering a first shirt or pant because worst case scenario is I waste $90. Having a bad experience on a first suit can waste $850.

The cost difference is $650 which is certainly meaningful but won't break the bank or anything. Appreciate your thoughts!

If I were in your situation, I would go with my tailor first. It will help to have multiple fittings and discuss options/changes/adjustments with your tailor in person. They can offer immediate feedback and nail the fit. After that, you can confidently send it to Luxire to replicate.

I know Luxire offers (or will offer?) full bespoke, but I'm unsure of the details.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
No, IIRC from the photos/some further research, it looked to be a heavier/coarser weave, which wasn't what I was after this time. The 55/45 linen/cotton is actually quite a formal/"clean" looking shirt, with a (relatively) fine hand, despite the surface interest from the linen. I got it as a BD collar for both jacket & no-jacket casual outfits in summer, but it would also work brilliantly as a summer business shirt with a spread collar. It's that kind of fabric rather than a casual only type of shirt. From the photos, I got the impression than the 65/35 was more casual. Might be wrong.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Just a quick note to say thanks again to Luxire: another 3 beautiful shirts, and a useful pocket square too. To anyone considering the new G&R fabrics but debating whether they're worth the price, I would say yes! The 55%linen/45%cotton blend is particular gorgeous, and well worth the money IMO.

Their pocket squares are great. I had an image printed on wool/silk in the fall and I love it. The print came out really well and the fabric is great. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a content tag to tell me the blend ratio. That's insignificant, of course, but the square is really great.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Luxire trousers in their $99 flannel. I don't like the fabric, but I didn't want to order more expensive trousers until I got my fit right, so that's ok. The fit is nice, but one leg is a bit wonky. Anyone know how to fix that? The trousers that I used for measurements don't have that, both legs have a straight crease.

burnso

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced long delays at customs when sending parcels to Bangalore?
A week maximum on 2 occasions, from post to Luxire receipt.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone else experienced long delays at customs when sending parcels to Bangalore? My parcel has been stuck at Mumbai Foreign Post Office for a week and a second package has either been lost completely or is still in transit (>30 days).

A bit worried about sending in more garments such as a SC for replication if this problem persists.

There's a chance they are asking for duties. This happened to me recently and was a real bummer.

I suggest you give the tracking number to Luxire and ask them nicely to assist you and give the post office a call.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wasn't there an option where you could send it to NY and they'd forward it themselves?

It's been awhile since I did it, but yes, they used to have a place in New Jersey. The instructions are on their "Replicate Existing" page.

dohare

Reaction score
i just sent mine at the beginning of january to their edison location and they forwarded it for me to India...that's still the way to do it if you're in the US.

emptym

Reaction score

Definitely interested in linen pique. I was intrigued to buy some button-up-shirts made of that fabric, but the price was out ouf my ballpark, about 200 Euros. It felt very dry and cool, great fabric. A more affordable alternative would be most welcome.
Thank you for the links. Those all seemed to be a jersey knit, which would be a tighter weave than the pique I'd prefer. But I have been looking for linen undershirts and briefs. Maybe Luxire could make those too! The eco-conscious part of me would like them unbleached and undyed.
… For me the fabrics should not be in bright colours though. I prefer muted and pastel colours, pale blue, lavender, ecru, taupe, coffee also non pastel colours like maroon, forrest green and burnt orange. Personally I prefer having mottled or speckled fabrics over completely solid colours.
.Big plus one on the mottled/speckled/heathered fabrics. Although, sometimes linen gets this way from washing, more than cotton at least. Good idea on the colors too. Although, I tend to like both dark and bright fabrics
Another vote for pale blue. And white. And maybe midblue and navy.
I have navy and deep sky blue and get a lot of use out of them. White could be good, but it reminds me of my grad school uniform.
Knitted pique in linen-cotton blend is in the works. Linen should arrive soon too. …
Wow, you work fast! That's great news.
Any fans of Brisbane Moss? We plan on offering their complete collection linen, cords, moleskin and chinos.
Yes. Very nice.

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Luxire trousers in their $99 flannel. I don't like the fabric, but I didn't want to order more expensive trousers until I got my fit right, so that's ok. The fit is nice, but one leg is a bit wonky. Anyone know how to fix that? The trousers that I used for measurements don't have that, both legs have a straight crease.

What don't you like about the fabric? I am thinking about buying the same fabric...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads