• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

arglist

Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent contributions gentlemen.

I'll leave you to your waistcoats and pocket squares now

Aw, don't be miffed.

To answer your original question: I think this is technically easier than classic menswear. If you can measure something similar and give details about the fabric I'm positive they'll be able to do it. Just send them an e-mail.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the excellent contributions gentlemen.

I'll leave you to your waistcoats and pocket squares now

You also could have just emailed Luxire directly to see what their response is. I doubt anyone else here has direct experience with measuring drop-crotch pants to be copied by Luxire.

gorlaaami

Reaction score
Another Torontonian here. Would like to see some fit pics from people before I bite also. The picture of the coat on the mannequin seems asymmetrical. I'm not sure if it's the cut of the coat, or that it just wasn't racked properly on the mannequin.

I REALLY wanted the Billy Reid Bond peacoat. I was ->this<- close to ordering, then realized they are unlined, and would probably not stand up to a Toronto winter. How close can Luxire replicate the Bond peacoat look, with the leather accent under the collar and pocket flaps?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of rick owens drop crotch cut offs...

Does Luxire do this kind of thing? Or do they only do traditional "tailored" clothing.

They would probably need to use a fairly heavily modified pattern I imagine

How successful do people foresee the results being?

Serious answer: I suspect that they'll be able to replicate the cut/fit very well, but with something so different to their norm, I would suggest you'd get those results only by sending it to them for replication rather than measuring yourself. Whether you want to send Rick Owens stuff internationally is another matter, but that's probably what you'd need to do regarding the cut. The finish is another issue; if the Rick Owens has any specific finishing details that are unusual (I don't have personal experience) you'd be best advising Luxire about that too.

Best answer: talk to Luxire; see what they advise.

To clapeyron: the reason some people - I include myself - don't want to ship stuff internationally is that it adds another variable to the process. India is an interesting mix of the modern and the old and I have to admit that I simply do not entirely trust some aspects of their systems enough to want to send expensive items there, even with the benefits of a courier service. For a shirt (and I'm hoping, trousers) it's fairly straightforward to measure it yourself and specify extra details, so it seemed simpler to do that. Anyway, it worked.

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
Another Torontonian here. Would like to see some fit pics from people before I bite also. The picture of the coat on the mannequin seems asymmetrical. I'm not sure if it's the cut of the coat, or that it just wasn't racked properly on the mannequin.

I REALLY wanted the Billy Reid Bond peacoat. I was ->this<- close to ordering, then realized they are unlined, and would probably not stand up to a Toronto winter. How close can Luxire replicate the Bond peacoat look, with the leather accent under the collar and pocket flaps?

I'm not sure if anyone has ordered the peacoat yet (at least not anyone who lurks these forums). I'm probably going to place an order this weekend, but I've been going back and forth on this matter, so I'm not 100% sure yet. If I do, I will get the dugdale 25 oz with a wool (9 oz) lining at 449$.

I think Luxire will be quite able to replicate the Billy Reid "Bond" peacoat if you ask them and give them specifics and accurate pictures.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when is a soft collar too soft and bands too wide? Thoughts?

I totally botched this item while rest of the order were perfect. I totally forgot to provide construction details and just referenced an order #, ignoring the fact that it was OCBD versus desired medium spread. I plan on converting the shirt to a button down.

I planned on wearing this for a wedding but I now I need to find a quick back-up.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not so bad...

But I empathize, I ordered a completely unlined and unstructured collar with long spread points before, and it was quite a mess.

I am looking forward to seeing my latest attempt though, since I asked for a lightly lined collar with smaller points.

Will have to try the NOBD 2 curve at some point as well...

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not so bad...But I empathize, I ordered a completely unlined and unstructured collar with long spread points before, and it was quite a mess.I am looking forward to seeing my latest attempt though, since I asked for a lightly lined collar with smaller points.Will have to try the NOBD 2 curve at some point as well...

lol. that was my plan to use NOBD 2..total brain cramp on my part. I can use the shirt to go with more casual Tweed or Twill jackets, although I'm not use to wearing white for casual. I don't think this is wearable for suits. I think the soft construction/look is too frumpy and out of context...lessons learned

table21

Reaction score
when is a soft collar too soft and bands too wide? Thoughts?

I totally botched this item while rest of the order were perfect. I totally forgot to provide construction details and just referenced an order #, ignoring the fact that it was OCBD versus desired medium spread. I plan on converting the shirt to a button down.

I planned on wearing this for a wedding but I now I need to find a quick back-up.

Hey where did you get that tie btw?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads