• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
13.5 miles this evening. Forecast was clear a couple of hours before the meetup, but apparently changed during that time. Skies opened up about 30 minutes into the ride, and we got soaked. Combined with the temps in the 40s, it was not a lot of fun. :)
IMG_7813.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.5 miles on my bikes today. I rode to the kids school and back this morning on my single speed. For pickup, I rode my mountain bike and did a bit longer ride.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
51 miles. Sunshine everywhere, but the Tiburon peninsula microclimate somehow managed to dump rain on me for ten minutes. Froze my toes off after they got wet.
IMG_7832.jpeg
IMG_7830.jpeg
IMG_7827.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gym Friday followed by kids running program after school. Some of these little kids are running over 2 miles is 20-25min which is impressive.

Saturday was yard work planting trees followed by a run.

Sunday was gym, some other yard work, then a run.

I am still tired this morning so maybe a nice little walk later.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sugarbutch , I've stood in that exact spot in Tiburon and shot the same photo, though I was watching swimmers racing the Tiburon Mile.

Today, I ran 4 miles on the roads to check for wind damage at our old house, which we're still working on selling (we're under contract, so hopefully things go well).

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
starting to get my base miles in this spring as I train for a fall marathon. 20k on Saturday, soccer game Monday, 3 mile fartlek this morning. Think I'm not running enough days/week yet but still have time to build up to it.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which one are you doing?

Six miles, with hill repeats. I’m pretty much over the cold I’ve had since Saturday, and mostly recovered from Saturday’s critical velocity long run. It was a mental victory to complete it while sick but it was absolutely brutal.

Chicago—will be my first. At 51 not expecting any miracles but based on my half marathon pace (1:43 training at 15-20 mpw) think I have an outside shot at 3:30ish if I put the work in. I’d be happy with anything under 3:45.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads