• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure you have a lot of customers who is very satisfied with the process but I'm not and apparently Bersabee is neither. I think it is a stretch to say that the process works well for the purpose.

On the .com website. There is no options to choose currency. The pricing-currency seems to default to the country that your IP-address is associated with. However, the currency is changed to whatever shipping country I select when I am trying to pay. So your website just decides to change the currency when you are trying to pay. Can you really call this a good process?

Also, the behavior is not coherent between the .com and the .de website. On the .de website, there is a possibility for the user to choose currency. However, the user can choose between EUR, EUR or EUR. So you have enabled the ability to make a choice but in reality there is no choice. Is this a good process? Why can I only pay in EUR on the .de website although there are countries in the EU that has their own currency (For example BGN, CZK, DKK, HUF, PLN etc...) while on the .com website I get forced pay in whatever currency the country I want the order to be shipped to uses.

You have enabled it on the .de website. Why can't you just enable the same on the .com website? I read that you are doing some work on the webpage so if you could enable it that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt1986

Reaction score
Lots of recommendations in this thread for the Genoa chinos, which are on sale now. Not many reviews on the site.

Anyone out there have any? What do you think? How does it hold up after a few washes? I'm looking for something doable in warmer weather with minimal to sheen. Any IRL photos you would care to share?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I have a pair and generally like them, can recommend. While they are not to thick I personally am looking for something cooler for tropical weather.

Luxire, any thoughts how Genoa compares to:
1. https://luxire.com/products/summer_..._navy_16_r_371288?_pos=1&_sid=281d40d75&_ss=r
2. https://luxire.com/products/olive-plain-summer-chino?_pos=28&_sid=f6cf06302&_ss=r

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Lots of recommendations in this thread for the Genoa chinos, which are on sale now. Not many reviews on the site.

Anyone out there have any? What do you think? How does it hold up after a few washes? I'm looking for something doable in warmer weather with minimal to sheen. Any IRL photos you would care to share?

Yes! Just got a pair in pale green done as higher-rise 5-pockets and I really like them. Terrific lighter spring/summer cotton fabric. They look & feel high quality in a subtle way. I attached a few pics.

So far, I just washed them once in warm water, normal cycle, dryer for 10 min, then hung to dry the rest of the way. Zero detectable shrink anywhere.

Regarding the Lycra content, you can feel there is a little give, but they aren't overly stretchy, which I like. I was worried they might look like those "performance" pants they sell for golf and such, but they don't really look like that at all. They are smooth, but not to the point where they look synthetic. I think they have a more natural cotton look in real life than in Luxire's product pics.

I don't think that there is really any sheen to speak of. I guess on a spectrum of matte to shiny, the smoothness of them puts them a little more toward shiny than a really dry twill, but I couldn't see anyone complaining that this fabric has a sheen.

You probably already have your own ideas for color, but I love the washed out green color...it's a versatile alternative to khaki that goes with everything and looks great in hot weather.

Attachments

• IMG_8706.jpg
    IMG_8706.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8710.jpg
    IMG_8710.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8709.jpg
    IMG_8709.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8708.jpg
    IMG_8708.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your replies - @alkydrinker those pictures are perfect. I can see there's a moderate texture from the twill and they aren't shiny like some.

I appreciate your shrink report as well.

For the price, I'll go ahead and order a test pair and more if they come out as well as yours seem to have.

Again, I appreciate your replies, gentlemen.

hysteria

Reaction score
I'm sure you have a lot of customers who is very satisfied with the process but I'm not and apparently Bersabee is neither. I think it is a stretch to say that the process works well for the purpose.

On the .com website. There is no options to choose currency. The pricing-currency seems to default to the country that your IP-address is associated with. However, the currency is changed to whatever shipping country I select when I am trying to pay. So your website just decides to change the currency when you are trying to pay. Can you really call this a good process?

Also, the behavior is not coherent between the .com and the .de website. On the .de website, there is a possibility for the user to choose currency. However, the user can choose between EUR, EUR or EUR. So you have enabled the ability to make a choice but in reality there is no choice. Is this a good process? Why can I only pay in EUR on the .de website although there are countries in the EU that has their own currency (For example BGN, CZK, DKK, HUF, PLN etc...) while on the .com website I get forced pay in whatever currency the country I want the order to be shipped to uses.

You have enabled it on the .de website. Why can't you just enable the same on the .com website? I read that you are doing some work on the webpage so if you could enable it that would be highly appreciated.
I agree, I think people put up with the process but I can't imagine anyone is actually satisfied with it. There's significant room for improvement with the user interface.

Bersabee

Reaction score

Agreed - Its not convenient at all. Based off my calculation, I'll be paying $35-$200 more per article of clothing depending on what I order (Lower priced trousers vs. Suit). Funny enough, I don't think the extra margin is even going to Luxire but shopify or whoever they use.

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
Would this Molloy Donegal Tweed be heavy enough for a classic double breasted overcoat? 610 gm/m... is that about 18-19 oz? I'm in Southern California so I don't usually require a heavy coat but I would wear it for trips to colder climates.

Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Genoa chino order placed. Just wanted to say kudos to customer support who was available this weekend to Solve an ordering problem. Until now I have only spoken to Seema but feel i'm in good hands.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would this Molloy Donegal Tweed be heavy enough for a classic double breasted overcoat? 610 gm/m... is that about 18-19 oz? I'm in Southern California so I don't usually require a heavy coat but I would wear it for trips to colder climates.

The very first image on this thread is of a double breasted overcoat made in Molloy tweed.

dynemacron

Reaction score

I think it depends. To me that seems rather heavy, especially if you are layering--but I tend to run hot. Luxire can source a lot of fabrics from mills -- I just put out an order with them for a Fox Brothers hairline tweed. So maybe something from Fox or Dugdale may hit the mark for you?

The EThomas wool cashmere jackets may be a good bet for you -- a little lighter -- 525 grams (or about 17 ounces per yard). The 610 grams is closer to 20 ounces / yard. Remember there is lining, plus likely one, two or three extra layers under the overcoat (jacket / heaver sweater; shirt / light sweater; possibly undershirt).

cmarksthespot

Reaction score
Guys, what is your jeans wishlist?

Indigo, black, ecru....
Raw, washed, pre-shrunk, faded, whiskered.....
Leather patch....
Chain stitched....
Thread color options....
10 Oz, 12 Oz, 14 Oz, 16 Oz.....

We may have your jeans. You need to ask for it.
I would like Selvedge or raw options in 10 oz or 12 oz. The chain stitching option for the hem would be awesome.

Is there a way to specify the use of the Selvedge edge for the outseam? Previous jeans made with “Selvedge” denim from the site lacked that detail.

Vianney

Reaction score
Hey guys !
Kinda on and off here so please correct me if it's the wrong topic.
I'm trying to find a M43 summer shirt like this Coherence jacket from a few seasons back, but like, well, a shirt and not a jacket. I have rummaged up and down the web without finding a satisfying alternative (big long thin pockets, camp collar, apparent buttons).
Do you think Luxire could make me a similar design, or have you got any maybe more pertinent recommendations for me ?

ce2d85cbe563a753e36b406773bb67bbffc69138.jpeg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys !
Kinda on and off here so please correct me if it's the wrong topic.
I'm trying to find a M43 summer shirt like this Coherence jacket from a few seasons back, but like, well, a shirt and not a jacket. I have rummaged up and down the web without finding a satisfying alternative (big long thin pockets, camp collar, apparent buttons).
Do you think Luxire could make me a similar design, or have you got any maybe more pertinent recommendations for me ?

ce2d85cbe563a753e36b406773bb67bbffc69138.jpeg
The pertinent theme in this thread has always been "there is nothing that Luxire cannot do" :)

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know you've already ordered, but here are a couple of pics.
IMG_1630-compressed.jpeg
IMG_1635-compressed.jpeg

fasthall

Reaction score
Guys, what is your jeans wishlist?

Indigo, black, ecru....
Raw, washed, pre-shrunk, faded, whiskered.....
Leather patch....
Chain stitched....
Thread color options....
10 Oz, 12 Oz, 14 Oz, 16 Oz.....

We may have your jeans. You need to ask for it.
Regarding jeans, I see some jeans offering is "designed by Hiroshi Kato".
Can you elaborate on this? I have jeans from Kato. Do they use the same fabric or have the same cut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads