• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Ingsoc

Reaction score
Any plans to allow user to choose currency on the .com website? Right now it defaults to the local currency of the country you choose in shipping options and I haven't been able to circumvent it with a VPN. Would be great if you could still pay in USD instead.

This is possible on the .de site but you can only choose EUR, even though many countries have their own currency...

Matt1986

Reaction score
Hi Luxire, do you have recommended chino fabrics for tropical climate? I'm moving to Singapore and would be great to have some chino's to wear in a warm and humid climate. Thanks!

Bersabee

Reaction score
Any plans to allow user to choose currency on the .com website? Right now it defaults to the local currency of the country you choose in shipping options and I haven't been able to circumvent it with a VPN. Would be great if you could still pay in USD instead.

This is possible on the .de site but you can only choose EUR, even though many countries have their own currency...
I second this - prices are 20% higher than USD if converted to local currency.

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
I received my first suit jacket today. This was an experiment to see if Luxire could solve some collar gap issues that I’ve struggled with from every made-to-measure and entry level bespoke maker I’ve tried so far. I had high hopes but, sadly, after two home trials and several back and forth emails, the gap problem persists. In fact, the first home trial was the best but the problem only got worse each time they tried to fix it. I don’t blame Luxire—I think I have a unique upper back and shoulder shape combined with a slightly forward neck posture that the usual made-to-measure patterns can’t be tweaked to accommodate. From the front, the suit looks nice. Other than the collar sitting away from the back of my neck, the fit is quite impressive for a first try and the quality is great. With some slight alterations, it would look very nice. But I don’t think a tailor will be able to fix the collar gap. I’m going to give it a try but if not, I’ll donate it. I can’t wear a jacket with collar gap that egregious.

I should add that I’ve been buying my shirts and trousers from Luxire for years and love them.

IMG_5492.jpeg IMG_5651.jpeg IMG_5650.jpeg IMG_5649.jpeg

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Luxire, do you have recommended chino fabrics for tropical climate? I'm moving to Singapore and would be great to have some chino's to wear in a warm and humid climate. Thanks!
Genoa Chinos, I think they are the best.
Nice shades, comfortable, just a hint of stretch, can be worn without ironing and very breathable.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received my first suit jacket today. This was an experiment to see if Luxire could solve some collar gap issues that I’ve struggled with from every made to measure and entry level bespoke maker I’ve tried so far. I had high hopes but, sadly, after two home trials and several back and forth emails, the gap problem persists. In fact, the first home trial was the best but the problem only got worse each time they tried to fix it. I don’t blame Luxire—I think I have a unique upper back and shoulder shape combined with a slightly forward neck posture that the usual made-to-measure patterns can’t be tweaked to accommodate. From the front, the suit looks nice. Other than the collar sitting away from the back of my neck, the fit is quite impressive for a first try and the quality is great. With some slight alterations, it would look very nice. But I don’t think a tailor will be able to fix the collar gap. I’m going to give it a try but if not, I’ll donate it. I can’t wear a jacket with collar gap that egregious.
View attachment 2145861 View attachment 2145863 View attachment 2145865 View attachment 2145867
Looks amazing from the front. Tempted to make that small change to fix the collar too. I believe we can set this right for you.
We will send you an email shortly.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, what is your jeans wishlist?

Indigo, black, ecru....
Raw, washed, pre-shrunk, faded, whiskered.....
Leather patch....
Chain stitched....
Thread color options....
10 Oz, 12 Oz, 14 Oz, 16 Oz.....

We may have your jeans. You need to ask for it.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Jeans wish list? I can think of 2 things I'd like

1. A few colors in thinner (6 - 8 oz maybe) and thicker (12 ish oz) options with a lot of stretch. I like and appreciate the raw, heavy stuff, but sometimes prefer comfort,, especially In the heat.

2. A significantly shorter yoke than most brands provide (you may already do this). My body shape requires a pretty low rise and pretty high pockets for some reason. Even mid/normal rise lengths bunch up at the top of the seat.

I suppose my posture is straighter and less forward-leaning than most guys, and that would explain the collar roll I always get with my OTR shirts and jackets.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Lots of recommendations in this thread for the Genoa chinos, which are on sale now. Not many reviews on the site.

Anyone out there have any? What do you think? How does it hold up after a few washes? I'm looking for something doable in warmer weather with minimal to sheen. Any IRL photos you would care to share?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of recommendations in this thread for the Genoa chinos, which are on sale now. Not many reviews on the site.

Anyone out there have any? What do you think? How does it hold up after a few washes? I'm looking for something doable in warmer weather with minimal to sheen. Any IRL photos you would care to share?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Mine are on their way. I’ll post pics when they arrive. However, the styling will be high-waisted, wide leg trousers. If you want their "native style" mine won't be off much help.

Ingsoc

Reaction score

@luxire

I would really appreciate if you could answer my question.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@luxire

I would really appreciate if you could answer my question.
Customers in more than 70 countries use the website and find the process convenient. The whole process is automated and works well for the purpose.

You can try vpn and incognito/private browser as a work-around.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are on their way. I’ll post pics when they arrive. However, the styling will be high-waisted, wide leg trousers. If you want their "native style" mine won't be off much help.
Would be great to see pics anyway, I'm curious myself.

Ingsoc

Reaction score
Customers in more than 70 countries use the website and find the process convenient. The whole process is automated and works well for the purpose.

You can try vpn and incognito/private browser as a work-around.
I'm sure you have a lot of customers who is very satisfied with the process but I'm not and apparently Bersabee is neither. I think it is a stretch to say that the process works well for the purpose.

On the .com website. There is no options to choose currency. The pricing-currency seems to default to the country that your IP-address is associated with. However, the currency is changed to whatever shipping country I select when I am trying to pay. So your website just decides to change the currency when you are trying to pay. Can you really call this a good process?

Also, the behavior is not coherent between the .com and the .de website. On the .de website, there is a possibility for the user to choose currency. However, the user can choose between EUR, EUR or EUR. So you have enabled the ability to make a choice but in reality there is no choice. Is this a good process? Why can I only pay in EUR on the .de website although there are countries in the EU that has their own currency (For example BGN, CZK, DKK, HUF, PLN etc...) while on the .com website I get forced pay in whatever currency the country I want the order to be shipped to uses.

You have enabled it on the .de website. Why can't you just enable the same on the .com website? I read that you are doing some work on the webpage so if you could enable it that would be highly appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads