• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I suppose that's extremely relevant! No interlining, and not fused. Thank you for your advice. Here's a photo showing where I give up. Current workflow is I iron right out of washer, don't spend much time on the collar though, button and hang to try. When I wear, I iron just the collar. It's easier to iron those wrinkles out when not moist.
To iron these, it is best not to "drag" the iron on the collar. Simple hop-steam-stop would freshen up the collar and keep it looking natural.

What we have recently started doing with OCBDs is that we completely skip the lining. Our oxfords are heavy that they do not really need a lining.
The newer oxfords are thus even easier to iron.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole idea of ironing an OCBD collar doesn't compute for me, but if you feel the need, what you've done looks like plenty to me.

Also the fit on those pants on the last page: there's a pocket gaping thread started by one of the forum tailors. See if Luxire cannot implement his fix going forward. There's clearly tightness in some areas and too much material in the bottom of the seat. I have the same problem fairly often. Good luck getting it worked out.

joewmoss

Reaction score
Wow3ii8.jpg

QdaIMcI.jpg

yeah, they're tight, LOL
People might be getting sick of me saying this but....take several pairs of trousers that you like. Measure them all (yes it will take an afternoon) and put the measurements in a spreadsheet. Create a composite set of measurements from those based on the aspects of fit you like from all of them and adjusting for aspects you don't like. I did this for the first pair of trousers I ordered and they got the fit nearly perfect on the first try. I did NOT do this with my shirts and therefore I'm still tweaking those. However, I've started to spreadsheet for the shirts as well and will apply the same method as I did on the trousers. Do it, it works.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do know how to iron, as I've been doing it myself since I was a youth.
Is there something I can do with my future orders to make this easier for me?

First of all, you need to be more open-minded.
Nothing wrong with not being omniscient, but I strongly dislike people asking for help but not willing to accept that they might have done something wrong.

Judging from your picture, Luxire is right, you seem to iron your shirts rather than pressing them.
Try pressing and your problem should be much less apparent if even still existent.

Also I back those who say a Luxire OCBD made of Classic Oxford or similiar weight fabric should not need ironing.
I have not had wrinkles when taking mine out of the machine and I wouldn't bother about them if they had.
At the end of the day a OCBD is a casual shirt and the fact you do not need to take a lot of care of it is part of the charm to me.

atoms

Reaction score
First of all, you need to be more open-minded.
Nothing wrong with not being omniscient, but I strongly dislike people asking for help but not willing to accept that they might have done something wrong.

Judging from your picture, Luxire is right, you seem to iron your shirts rather than pressing them.
Try pressing and your problem should be much less apparent if even still existent.

Also I back those who say a Luxire OCBD made of Classic Oxford or similiar weight fabric should not need ironing.
I have not had wrinkles when taking mine out of the machine and I wouldn't bother about them if they had.
At the end of the day a OCBD is a casual shirt and the fact you do not need to take a lot of care of it is part of the charm to me.
Thanks everyone. I was trying to avoid any focus on ironing but I see that backfired. But I also realize that it's not possible for people across the internet to know what I'm doing, so I'm not upset. I wasn't clear, but in the photo it was a quick iron just to get it to start drying. I was not worried about the wrinkles I caused when I did it. As I mentioned, It's much easier to wait until fully dry when getting them out. I do exactly the press, release, manage the fabric a bit with my fingers, then move to next spot thing with the tip of the iron when I do the final iron. The photo was posted because it shows how much material there is to deal with. No other OCBD I've owned has this much loose fabric, I've never had to be so meticulous when ironing the collars. I think it's a fair topic.

If the answer is "That's just how it is" then I can live with that.

Last edited:

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
The rear rise will not affect the pocket flare much. The pants are tight in the hips on the side seam and more fabric in the butt doesn't alleviate that too much.

For my pant purchases I actually have a few darts of a few inches from the wasitband and into hips region to take into account the smaller waist and bigger hips.

gambit50

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend if I'm looking for a "crisp" white dress shirt that doesn't wrinkle easily? I'm not sure what fabric to go with. I do like the curved collar I've seen on their site. I hope it retains its shape after washing, etc.
I am not totally sure of what you require but if you mean a proper, business formal dress shirt for a suit, they have just introduced(literally the other day,they emailed me) some poplins that are not lumberjack or professor in weight and texture. Actually, I shouldn't say that, I only know they are described as poplin and the pics available but given they had none before(seems insane to me), who knows. At least you can check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads