Assuming you want a similar fit, go straight ahead. I have gone from cotton twill to flannel to cord without much trouble.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 2:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1521post #22801 of 249686/3/16 at 3:20ampost #22802 of 249686/3/16 at 9:34am
I'm after a lightblue dress shirt.
Which fabrics are nice? Any recommendations?
I have no idea what to choose, but I want some nice materials and a very light blue colour.post #22803 of 249686/3/16 at 9:52amQuote:Still looking for studs for my shirt. Have not found ones I love yet. I bought some one eBay and they were too small to use on my shirt.Originally Posted by Van Veen
Okay then. I think the best way to do it would be to either have a shirt tailored and mail it, or have a tailor take my measurements so they're accurate. Luckily it's a tux shirt, so body fit isn't as critical. I just want a detachable collar shirt I can wear with my vintage studs. (They need pin holes.)
Have people generally had good luck with accurate body measurements?post #22804 of 249686/3/16 at 10:17ampost #22805 of 249686/3/16 at 11:33ampost #22806 of 249686/4/16 at 8:24pmpost #22807 of 249686/5/16 at 4:49am
How do swatches come from Luxire? In other words, do they have labels on them, how big are they, etc.? Just curious as I am ordering a bunch for potential trousers and some of them are quite similar in color (thus the desire for swatches to help the selection process).
Many thanks for any help folks can provide.post #22808 of 249686/5/16 at 5:41amIve never had much luck getting swatches for trousers. All my requests havent been successful. Hence my apprehension ordering trousers based on best guess.
However when requesting shirt fabrics, no problems. Swatches (3×4cm) arrive stapled on paper and labeled. Its definitely recommended as it has helped with colour selection and feel of fabric. Although I've found swatch size a bit small to get a good feel of the fabric.post #22809 of 249686/5/16 at 6:58ampost #22810 of 249686/5/16 at 7:17ampost #22811 of 249686/5/16 at 11:06ampost #22812 of 249686/5/16 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by OzWino
Ive never had much luck getting swatches for trousers. All my requests havent been successful. Hence my apprehension ordering trousers based on best guess.
However when requesting shirt fabrics, no problems. Swatches (3×4cm) arrive stapled on paper and labeled. Its definitely recommended as it has helped with colour selection and feel of fabric. Although I've found swatch size a bit small to get a good feel of the fabric.Quote:
Much appreciated, gentleman, that's very helpful. @OzWino, can I ask what you mean you didn't have luck asking for swatches for trousers? They were out of stock/unwilling to send/other?post #22813 of 249686/5/16 at 1:16pmQuote:
I'm just working on the basis that sooner or later I'll shrink a pair of my Luxire trousers in the wash and I'll make shorts out of them....post #22814 of 249686/5/16 at 5:13pmpost #22815 of 249686/5/16 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by OzWino
@WhereNext so far I've requested 3 different samples, and i thought they were all in stock at the time. No samples arrived, and no mention of what the problem was. Cost was refunded. I know you cant get some samples from certain fabric houses, but i dont think i requested these.
This is odd. The obvious thing to do is to ask Luxire, of course.
All I can say is that I’ve ordered and received trouser swatches from them in the past, and in fact have a few more on order. So what ever the issue was in your case I doubt it had anything to do with them simply being trouser fabrics.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Cap Toe boots 9D Barrie Olive color 15 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 20 minutes ago
- › NWT L.B.M.1911 Navy Donegal Wool Suits 36R 22 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...