• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I follow the care instructions given by the manufacturer on my shirts. My TM Lewin shirts say to hand dry so I hang them to dry. My Brooks Brothers shirts say tumble dry low so I tumble dry low. I trust, maybe naively, that they know best about how their garments should be cared for. Following this procedure, I have had very little shrinkage. The care instructions on most of the shirts on Luxire's website says to wash in cold water and tumble dry. They also say that their fabrics are prewashed to prevent further shrinking. Based on this, everyone should be able to wash and dry shirts without shrinkage. Maybe the dryer will degrade the quality of your shirt, but it shouldn't change the size of it.

Jerry Seinfeld had this great bit about care instructions being the only kind of instructions people take seriously.
smoking kills? pff
speeding is dangerous? pff
wash at 30°C and don't tumble dry! OMG i can't deviate the slightest from these orders or else...

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people mind sharing their favourite button cuff configurations/specs? I find Luxire's 1 button cuff a bit uninteresting (it's too short), and I want to know what others have specified :)

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do people mind sharing their favourite button cuff configurations/specs? I find Luxire's 1 button cuff a bit uninteresting (it's too short), and I want to know what others have specified :)

On my MTM shirts from another maker a few years ago, I used to get 2-button cuffs all the time, but when I started using Luxire I switched to 1-button, just to make it easier to button/unbutton. I was also not happy with the length of the 1-button cuff on my first order, so I asked them to make it a little longer and now it looks fine. I haven't changed the button configuration since then and have kept it the same on all my orders.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always toss my shirts in the dryer, with the exception of the ones that go to the cleaners for laundering and pressing -- and I'm pretty sure they tumble-dry them as well. They're shirts, for chrissakes. Life's short. If they wear out buy new ones.

And maybe I'm lucky but I don't think I've ever retired a quality shirt due to wear. That includes MTM shirts that have been worn in regular rotation for 6 years.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang dry all of my shirts. Like clapey said, all that lint you pull out of the dryer is little bits of fibers from your clothes. That's fine when it's sheets and towels and such, but I'm less OK with it when it's my good clothes. It's really not very difficult to hang dry them at all--I live in a tiny NY apartment and either just put them on hangars which I leave hanging from doorknobs for a couple of hours or hang them from the towel hooks in the bathroom. Only takes a few hours for them to dry.

Honestly, schlepping them to and from the dry cleaners is more of a hassle.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What cloth is this? Can is be faded even more? If so I may be on board. TIA

DL-

It is the 10 Oz Indigo Denim Chambray. The worn out look is after multiple wash processes. Yes, can be faded further. Can be ordered here.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I always toss my shirts in the dryer, with the exception of the ones that go to the cleaners for laundering and pressing -- and I'm pretty sure they tumble-dry them as well. They're shirts, for chrissakes. Life's short. If they wear out buy new ones.

And maybe I'm lucky but I don't think I've ever retired a quality shirt due to wear. That includes MTM shirts that have been worn in regular rotation for 6 years.

No serious dry cleaner would ever tumble dry your clothes.

"They're shirts, for chrissakes. Life's short. If they wear out buy new ones."

Not trying to be a dick but I can't get behind that kind of throwaway attitude. / End of derailing the thread.

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For those that have ordered fabrics from Brisbane Moss through Luxire, how was your experience? Is the quality worth the price and approximately how long did you have to wait?

I've ordered the white twill beginning of June and hope to get my hands on them by August giving me at least a month to wear them before Labor day. It makes sense that brand fabrics take a little longer to procure and might not have been the best choice for a current season impulse buy. Has anybody already ordered Fall fabrics from Brisbane? I'm interested in these and consider ordering now to have them in time for F/W.

Brisbane Moss Rust Red Twill

Brisbane Moss Teal Blue Twill

Brisbane Moss Tobacco Grey Twill

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No serious dry cleaner would ever tumble dry your clothes.

"They're shirts, for chrissakes. Life's short. If they wear out buy new ones."

Not trying to be a dick but I can't get behind that kind of throwaway attitude. / End of derailing the thread.

I've yet to experience any durability issues with shirts. I do hang dry my cotton pants though.

STL Metropolis

Reaction score
http://luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-tobacco-grey-twill

This arrived in pant form last week. I can recommend the Brisbane twill fabrics...If anyone is on the ropes about spending the extra money. Excellent color too.

For those that have ordered fabrics from Brisbane Moss through Luxire, how was your experience? Is the quality worth the price and approximately how long did you have to wait?

I've ordered the white twill beginning of June and hope to get my hands on them by August giving me at least a month to wear them before Labor day. It makes sense that brand fabrics take a little longer to procure and might not have been the best choice for a current season impulse buy. Has anybody already ordered Fall fabrics from Brisbane? I'm interested in these and consider ordering now to have them in time for F/W.

Brisbane Moss Rust Red Twill

Brisbane Moss Teal Blue Twill

Brisbane Moss Tobacco Grey Twill

Clap - I can recommend the Brisbane Twill. See my comment above. Probably not winter weight, more Summer/Fall.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If I could trouble you for a picture; I would love to see this fabric in natural lighting. I've been looking for some time now for a certain grey green or grey taupe trousering and this seems to be a close match.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads