• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

millionaire75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
Enjoy:

Rolex SS GMT Master IIc
L1020571.jpg

L1020577.jpg

L1020597.jpg

L1020655.jpg

Rolex SS GMT Master II
L1020666.jpg

L1020695.jpg

L1020670.jpg

What size are those watches? They seem 44-45mm, right? Thanks.

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by millionaire75
What size are those watches? They seem 44-45mm, right? Thanks.

Both are 40-ish mm (but the "c" looking chunkier because of the new "SuperCase".

Originally Posted by lee lin
what watch would look great on a black/navy solid bond/ nato strap? i remember seeing a pic of a 1960's rolex sub in the dream watch thread that looked amazing. is there anything else that can look equally good? i was thinking sinn but the u series are huge.

Well, what a coincidence - I took pics of my NATOed watches this afternoon...

natoey7.jpg

From left to right;

Birth-month Seiko 6309-7040
Seiko Marinemaster 300m SBDX001
Birth-year Tudor Submariner 79090
Omega SeMP Quartz

I've also used my '69 Speedy on a NATO strap several times, and it looks stunning;

speedy_1189204262.jpg

/M

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
You can't go by the opinions on TZ. For me, here are a few great lower-priced makers that I hold in high esteem:

12. Rolex

Did they change their prices without telling anyone?

Id add stowa and archimede to the list as well....

dl

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Did they change their prices without telling anyone?

Id add stowa and archimede to the list as well....

dl

Seems our idea of "lower-priced" doesn't jive well together.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I've been leaning towards the Antea KS, but even that's pushing the boundaries of my budget. I'll keep looking into the other brands for now.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Seems our idea of "lower-priced" doesn't jive well together.
musicboohoo[1].gif

To be honest, Coho's list is far from definitive; he conveniently ignored Stowa while quoting your post mentioning the brand, then later posted this => personal interests at work?
devil.gif
And if you do a quick SF search for (Movado) Kingmatic, you'll see that the aesthetic is, hmmm, a little strange.

On top of that, any "budget watches" list that doesn't include Seiko with their fantastic Japan-only offerings is seriously flawed, IMO.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, "good value" is an evasive perception that's more broadly appreciated by some compared to others. For me, you have to start with a reliable movement, then everything else is secondary.

Originally Posted by whacked
To be honest, Coho's list is far from definitive; he conveniently ignored Stowa while quoting your post mentioning the brand, then later posted this => personal interests at work?
devil.gif
And if you do a quick SF search for (Movado) Kingmatic, you'll see that the aesthetic is, hmmm, a little strange.

On top of that, any "budget watches" list that doesn't include Seiko with their fantastic Japan-only offerings is seriously flawed, IMO.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Fair enough, and (I think) I understand where you're coming from. But not everyone has the means, time, knowledge and/or interests to open watch cases, examine movements and mod the dial/hand/bezel to their liking.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
devil.gif

I know you said it half-jokingly, but the Stowa he was interested in has a higher-quality movement.

I think a Japanese Seiko is where I'll look first. Ultimately, though, I'd love to own something similar to the Rolexes el Guapo posted a while back.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an old Tissot automatic (PRS series, early 70s) modified for my fiancÃ
00a9.png
e. She needed a robust beater. Please excuse the bad photos. Before:
DSC02123.jpg
DSC02130.jpg
After:
DSC03458.jpg
DSC03464.jpg
DSC03466.jpg
I'll try to find a plain rubber strap for it, but it seems to be difficult to find in 12mm. I really like that it's "sterile", i.e. logo-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads