• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvibes

Reaction score
My new watch (way below the price of all the others in this thread, as always):
standard.jpg
I don't know why, but I really wanted a power reserve. Less than $300 new.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gvibes
My new watch (way below the price of all the others in this thread, as always): I don't know why, but I really wanted a power reserve. Less than $300 new.
So what is the reserve 6 or as much as 8days? Nice, dont know much about Orient. Want a GS GMT

gvibes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
So what is the reserve 6 or as much as 8days?

Nice, dont know much about Orient. Want a GS GMT

No idea.

I believe the company may be owned by Seiko.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
So what is the reserve 6 or as much as 8days?

Looks like a regular 40 hour reserve, no?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pauliodotnet
elguapolongo, do you shave your arms?
- No.. Just an ASHIN thing, though funny enough I do shave my legs as road cycling is my preferred form of physical training.

My IWC Panda

L1030003.jpg

L1030002.jpg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
- No.. Just an ASHIN thing, though funny enough I do shave my legs as road cycling is my preferred form of physical training.

My IWC Panda

L1030003.jpg

L1030002.jpg

I love the watch, but mostly these pics make me miss my old Alfa

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Indeed
inlove.gif
- got it from an acquaintance who hated the size, and wanted to replace it with a AP Royal Oak. Paid nowhere close to list.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I hate you right now.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Some IWC and Panerai pr0n.

1200image002sb8.jpg

1200image003kg0.jpg

1200image007gs0.jpg

1200image2008iy0.jpg

1200image021ln8.jpg

1200image2002xr8.jpg

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Some IWC and Panerai pr0n.
1200image021ln8.jpg

The PAM power reserve & GMT are nice. I must admit to warm up to PAM's
frown.gif
(SF is SUCH a bad influence
wink.gif
) Thanks for sharing, BTW you stil need that formal watch may I sugest a Calatrava ...

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very nice zippy
worship.gif

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great collection, zippy.

I never really understood having multiple Luminors but they all look nice.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I never really understood having multiple Luminors but they all look nice.
You have to get over the unique shape of the Luminor case to reach the second stage of Paneristism and start buying more than one watch in each case style. If you think about it, would you wonder why people may buy multiple watches with a round 40mm case? Probably not.

Once you get past the stage where the case shape defines the watch, you can appreciate the different dials (black, brown, white, carbon fiber, hobnail...), functions (PR, GMT...) and metals/finishes (PVD, titanium, steel). Not to mention destro cases as well.

^^^
(Gotta find ways to justify the addiction
smile.gif
)

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing special but I realized today I have way too many watches. Or maybee not compared to some of you
smile.gif

Here we go:

DSC00220Large.JPG

From Left to Right:

Bullhead Cuff Watch - fun for the two summers I lived at the beach. Dont get too much use out of it now

Roots - Aluminum band - really light weight, but the flutes on the top dig into my arms when they are crossd

Swatch Irony - I have had this forever, and its completely made out of spun aluminum. The weight on it is amazing, and I love the lighter color. My favorite thing is to have people hold it as they are shockd at how light it is

Fossil Blue - just a cheap everyday metal watch

Adidas - I just bought this watch last week. I ahve been trying to find a rubber straped black/brushed larger dial watch and I found this for pretty cheap so it was perfect. Came with a leather band, but I had a rubber one put on, and I got the whole thing for under 100.

Kenneth Cole - cant really see this too well, but I got it as a Year of Service gift from previous employer. never wore it untill this year, and I like it but the face is too small

Swatch - this was my first attempt at a non-metal watch

Tag Heuer F1 - This was my bar mitzvah watch, so its at least 15 years old. This was the watch that everyone got for the BM, so I liked that mine was blue when I got it, but then at some point, I got a black band for it. Its been sitting in a drawer for about 8 years, but I decided to brush it off. This is still one of my alltime favorite watches and I was disapointed to find out they stopped making the rubber strap version of the watch. I think the movement is bad in it, sometimes I look down and its not moving any mroe, I just had a new battery put in, so we will see.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
You have to get over the unique shape of the Luminor case to reach the second stage of Paneristism and start buying more than one watch in each case style. If you think about it, would you wonder why people may buy multiple watches with a round 40mm case? Probably not.

Once you get past the stage where the case shape defines the watch, you can appreciate the different dials (black, brown, white, carbon fiber, hobnail...), functions (PR, GMT...) and metals/finishes (PVD, titanium, steel). Not to mention destro cases as well.

^^^
(Gotta find ways to justify the addiction
smile.gif
)

Perhaps I may be exhibiting some obsessive Panerai behavior.
There are a couple Destros behind the white dial but nothing with a carbon fiber dial.
You can see a brown dial Ti Base peeking out in the middle.
I used to be more obsessive with changing straps but for some reason a lot of them
ended up on plain black straps.
The 40mm belongs to my wife.
1024image012hb2.jpg

Master Ultra Thin, 1815 auf/ab, Reverso Gran Taille.
1024image013rm2.jpg

PAM64 aka La Bomba, Ultra Thin, Sea Dweller.
1024image024tf1.jpg

Zeniths from before they got ugly.
1024image019ta8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads