• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling in Sick

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow, people just assume that I'm lying when I say that I'm sick...And I never am...

Read into that statement however you want =)

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I've never called in sick to work. I'm generally pretty healthy but when I do have the occasional cough or something, I wash my hands like crazy and avoid getting really close to coworkers.

If my employer really wanted me to stay away when sick, they'd give me paid sick days.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We have PTO combined for sick and vacation. I send people home that come in sick. Nurses are the worse. They'll come in with fevers, rivers of snot running out of their noses, hacking up their lungs. Do it twice, and you get a written warning. How you can come in to work with sick and injured people when you are contagious is beyond me.

I took off a few days earlier this year with an URI. First time in 4-5 years.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate it when people who make food come in sick. I once worked at an ice cream parlor and I told the manager I was sick and he said I should do whatever I have to to get better in 5 hours. Totally against company policy.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
We have PTO combined for sick and vacation. I send people home that come in sick. Nurses are the worse. They'll come in with fevers, rivers of snot running out of their noses, hacking up their lungs. Do it twice, and you get a written warning. How you can come in to work with sick and injured people when you are contagious is beyond me. I took off a few days earlier this year with an URI. First time in 4-5 years.
Unexplained Rectal Irritation?

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've called in sick once in 8 years of work - and it was to finish a group assignment.

I don't know if it is work ethic as much as it is wanting money / never really getting anyhing more serious than a mild cold.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Unexplained Rectal Irritation?

Nah...it's not like I've been dating you
laugh.gif

Upper respiratory infection, a.k.a. "teh crud"

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happiness is actually having the time to be able to call in sick when you are actually sick.

madison avenue

Reaction score
So did you go to work or not? The thing is that now its going to get warmer and warmer out as the days go by so that is going to make not wanting to go to work more of an option.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I've always wondered why blue collar people love calling in sick and always complain about going to work. Shouldn't they be happy that they're earning money?

confused.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
^^
where is the answer to my question?

Yes I woke up with a horrible migrane and had a fever last night so I didn't make it into work.

madison avenue

Reaction score
^^
Thank you for some sick reason I now feel complete that I know that, and can go to bed without wondering if you had gone into work or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads