• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I think what's pissing me off is knowing I'll never be able to afford Virgin Upper Class.
That's the beauty part. It takes about half as many frequent flyer miles as any of the other airlines. Just use your Amex for everything.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Maybe Kabazz can help you out.

The shirt maker?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The shirt maker?

Yes. I think the reference pre-dates you. Back in the day, there was an amusing flap surrounding AK's procuring for Conne a plane ticket to a sartorial event, with some apparent confusion about whether it was a gift or a loan.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Yes. I think the reference pre-dates you. Back in the day, there was an amusing flap surrounding AK's procuring for Conne a plane ticket to a sartorial event, with some apparent confusion about whether it was a gift or a loan.

First, wow, generous of him and second, Conne involved? LOL, I can just guess the nature of the "confusion".
confused.gif

How many shirts did you buy Conne?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First, wow, generous of him and second, Conne involved? LOL, I can just guess the nature of the "confusion".
confused.gif

How many shirts did you buy Conne?

None! The kicker to the whole fiasco was that Conne, after weeks of fawning posts, failed to get to the airport on the morning of the gifted flight....
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
None! The kicker to the whole fiasco was that Conne, after weeks of fawning posts, failed to get to the airport on the morning of the gifted flight....
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here we go again.
musicboohoo[1].gif
The flight time was changed on me and the stupid airline refused to give a full refund, instead providing only half. I told Kabbaz I'd be glad to send him the refund but he must've woken up on the wrong side of the disco ball that day. Freaked out, called me a lying thief, etc.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Here we go again.
musicboohoo[1].gif

The flight time was changed on me and the stupid airline refused to give a full refund, instead providing only half. I told Kabbaz I'd be glad to send him the refund but he must've woken up on the wrong side of the disco ball that day. Freaked out, called me a lying thief, etc.

AK does strike me as the prickly type.....

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Don't get defensive about it. It is not your fault that, for various reasons, the whole flying experience has moved entirely down-market and become an analogue to taking the bus through the crack alley part of town. It is also not the discerning consumer's fault that he/she notices the dross he/she has to travel with these days and that the whole experience has been shifted to keep the dross quiet, not the discerning consumer.

+1. It has nothing to do with you, JetBlast, and it often doesn't have much (if anything) to do with most of the actual employees of the airlines. Hell, most of the time I feel like buying the airline employees a drink for having to spend their time catering to hundreds of annoyed, short-tempered people. But there's a reason that all those people are short-tempered and annoyed. Flying is a basically a giant pain ********** consisting of long stretches of boredom and discomfort peppered with moments of complete, rage-inducing idiocy. The irony is that I love flight itself; one of the best memories of my childhood is of my grandfather taking me up in his Cessna. But I'd still avoid airlines entirely if there was any kind of realistic alternative.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Incredibly, I missed that last time around . . .

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
****** haircut week I guess. After letting it grow for oh...a year or so I finally got frustrated with the way the back was curling. The Hungarian girl meant well but I'm going to the French guy in the city from now on. I'm left with '80s sitcom hair--kind of poofy on the front and sides, shortish in the back.

J and others who cut your own: how long do you have it? Is there any way to fix that curling in the back without just chopping it off?

Mine is like 1" to 1-1/2" on the sides and back and 3" or so on top. It's hard to say because it's wavy and shrinks back down when it dries. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the curling in the back', but I keep mine short enough at the bottom that it doesn't overlap a shirt collar by too much.

I'm in danger of getting 80s sitcom hair myself but it helps if it's not cut so cleanly, that way the hairs clump up and can do their own thing rather than separating out into a ball.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is the mistake so many guys make. Get a male barber. BARBER! Not hair stylist, etc. etc. I go to a very nice place, just for men. I can get my shoes shined, they offer free beer and single malt Scotch, do everything from pedi/mani to massage. The pedi/mani/massage folks are all female but everyone cutting hair is a barber. Never been so happy with my hair cuts.

I haven't found a barber that can give me anything more than a basic cut.
Also, none of the barbers near me give you a shave with a straight razor or shine your shoes. The kicker, some of the people working in the shop are still 20 something chicks. The stylists around here give you free booze and they are pretty hot.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Here we go again.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Wow, I totally missed this last time around too! Did you give him his money back?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I haven't found a barber that can give me anything more than a basic cut. Also, none of the barbers near me give you a shave with a straight razor or shine your shoes. The kicker, some of the people working in the shop are still 20 something chicks. The stylists around here give you free booze and they are pretty hot.
I never said the barber shines your shoes. The guy that runs the shoe shine stand does. You can also drop off several pairs and pick them up the next day. I think you must just live in a sucky place. And it's just sad that you feel you need to pay to get 20 something chicks to touch your head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads