• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lookin good Berlin. Shoes and shirt brands? Plus I like the way the clothing's strewn around the shop. Is that intentional or just in need of cleaning
smile.gif
?

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. Shirt's by Kostas Murkudis for Schiesser and shoes are by Mentor. The clothes-strewn-everywhere is intentional. Wanted to make it look like someone's dressing room at home + an effort to rid people of their fear of touching the merchandise. Its funny, people grab things from the window display then ask me if they can take something from the shelves.
smile.gif

kallun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is my personal bias speaking, but pairing the Hart suit with sneakers is like putting ketchup on a USDA prime filet cooked to perfect med-rare
Thats interesting! I have rarely seen Mr. Hart himself in anything but sneakers while wearing his own suits! I think that if any suit should be worn with sneakers it is SH.Tthe "fitted-antifit" of these suits make them perfect for that. When wearing suits from the "slim-fit group" i e. DH, The japanese makers, Jil etc. sneakers are less contradicting to the overall style than with the very british SH cut and hence less interesting in my opinion. What shoes would you pick Get Smart?? /TKL

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kallun
What shoes would you pick Get Smart??
/TKL

I'm a bit predictable, traditional and generic in my choices....I would wear a brogue, or a plain oxford. But the shoes themselves would hopefully have something of interest going on within their traditional confines.

The suit/sneaker look has never been my cuppa. Even if Nick Hart himself decides it's a good look.

kallun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm a bit predictable, traditional and generic in my choices....I would wear a brogue, or a plain oxford. But the shoes themselves would hopefully have something of interest going on within their traditional confines.

The suit/sneaker look has never been my cuppa. Even if Nick Hart himself decides it's a good look.

I guessed You would chooose that
smile.gif

To be honest I very rarely wear anything but shirt and leather shoes with suits (I took this pic as it was requested by a poster elsewere). But I DO like the sneaker look also, provided snakers are High Tops or Springcourt/Converse style and in Leather or canvass.

/TKL

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
berlin
does youre store sell EG? could you do mailorder? im not aware of any european stores that have EG at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads