• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom Etiquette)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
preventing someone from sitting next to him is a logical explanation.

I can also see selecting a clean stall in the morning and trying to "hold" it until you need to take a dump...does the slip of paper appear later in the day if you take it down?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
preventing someone from sitting next to him is a logical explanation.

I can also see selecting a clean stall in the morning and trying to "hold" it until you need to take a dump...does the slip of paper appear later in the day if you take it down?

Yes, it does appear again, see page 1.

Mr Pelican Pants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code
confused.gif

Are you implying that the bathroom stall is gay?

Mr Pelican Pants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Subscribed because this boggles my mind.

All I've got is...the person who can't seem to stand close enough to the urinal to keep the floor piss free.

It's a guy with a big gut. He is standing with his gut close to the urinal, but this means that ********* is farther back. So whereas a thin guy close to the urinal dribbles his last drops into that little lip of the urinal and down the drain, your more rotund man dribbles onto the floor. To find the culprit, first finger (not literally) the fattest guy in the office and work your way down, eliminating suspects as you go. And that's how we play Peepee Detective!

As for Paper Man, I am not 100% sold on the cleanfreak angle. Mightn't a real cleanfreak avoid the office bathroom at all costs? Or, at least, wouldn't a cleanfreak put paper in all the doors, thus increasing the likelihood that one would go unused, of which he then could avail himself? In this case it's always one door, and one door only, which is papered - and not always the same door. No, I am thinking our man may be a "post poop paperer," marking his territory after the deed is done, or perhaps even sending a message to his successors in interest, is what I think.

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I am getting so much anxiety over this.

Imagine if you got home and there was TP wedged into the latch on your home bathroom...that'd make me more anxious!

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Studio = Small Stall
One Bedroom = Handicap Stall

After many years working on wall st., I have seen so many disgusting things that this is relatively tame and harmless. The bathroom off the trading floor at Bear Stearns on a friday morning might as well have been the jockey room at Churchill Downs before the weigh in.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beckwith
Studio = Small Stall
One Bedroom = Handicap Stall

After many years working on wall st., I have seen so many disgusting things that this is relatively tame and harmless. The bathroom off the trading floor at Bear Stearns on a friday morning might as well have been the jockey room at Churchill Downs before the weigh in.

laugh.gif

What is wrong with people? Sometimes I think people leave disgusting things and messes in the bathroom on purpose.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am often bothered by stall talkers, actually I hate it. I also find the guys who give the sink the heisman and head for the door, to be vile.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am often bothered by stall talkers, actually I hate it. I also find the guys who give the sink the heisman and head for the door, to be vile.

There is this one guy who is clearly playing soduku on the john. You can hear him working out the numbers under his breath. He mumbles 1 through 9. It drives me nuts.

Then there is this severely obese fellow who is so out of breath when he gets to the bathroom I think he is going to die in there sometimes.

There is this other guy who I nicknamed "scratchy", but I won't tell you why.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hysterical.

Patty! There was a guy way back when banks trusted very learning challenged individuals with running billion dollars in bonds around manhattan, traveling by subway, I digress. Anyway, the guy used to use the urinal and walk his cawk to the sink and clean it off, pat it dry, while neglecting the hands.

The snorer! We have all heard that one.

The arrest! The guy who puts both hands on the wall whilst taking a leak.

The dunker! The guy would courtesy flush, draw down the tp and dunk it in the clean water. Novel ideal I guess.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hysterical.

Patty! There was a guy way back when banks trusted very learning challenged individuals with running billion dollars in bonds around manhattan, traveling by subway, I digress. Anyway, the guy used to use the urinal and walk his cawk to the sink and clean it off, pat it dry, while neglecting the hands.
The snorer! We have all heard that one.

The arrest! The guy who puts both hands on the wall whilst taking a leak.

The dunker! The guy would courtesy flush, draw down the tp and dunk it in the clean water.
Novel ideal I guess.

Those two FTW! I guess this paper stuffer isn't really much at all...

It still bothers me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads