1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom Etiquette)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by patrickBOOTH, Jul 11, 2011.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

It would clearly tell him if it had been used in his absence - when the door is opened it will fall to the floor, most people probably do not pick it up from the floor, and certainly wouldn't replace it.
    How this benefits him, beyond some kind of fetish, I am not sure. Perhaps he only likes to use toilets he knows no one else has used and 'primes' several around the building every morning to guarantee he has a supply of un-violated cubicles for his use.
    Of course this presumes they are cleaned every night, or at least that there are enough cubicles to plausably get him through between cleanings.

In old spy novels the protagonist would often stick a single hair using a bit of saliva between the door and door frame of their hotel room when they go out for a bit of espionage. If the hair has fallen they would know if someone had been in their room. Perhaps he is a rather clumsy John Le Carre fan.

ding ding ding!!

2. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

ding ding ding!!

Doesn't make sense though. pB said the same stall is re-done later in the same day. As you can see in one of his pics, there are 3 wads of paper in the same stall, from the same day. The stall has been used by others and the Wadsmith doesn't care.

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

this might be the best thread on sf.

4. surfnbank

surfnbank Senior member

This is not only odd but a waste of trees.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

its a secret society thing. i've seen the same exact thing in lion's club meetings.

6. ysc

ysc Senior member

Doesn't make sense though. pB said the same stall is re-done later in the same day. As you can see in one of his pics, there are 3 wads of paper in the same stall, from the same day. The stall has been used by others and the Wadsmith doesn't care.

I saw the picture of the three, I included that in my thoughts -
    I think the three wads of paper on the floor are from him using the stall three times. He opens the door, the paper falls, when he is done he puts a new wad in place. Someone who is weird enough about hygiene to try and ensure he is using a pristine toilet is not picking paper up off the floor.

It is not 100% but it is the only explanation that comes close to logical for me.

7. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

maybe he cleans the seat in some elaborate fashion before he sits down.
    If he comes back and the paper is still there, he knows he doesn't have to clean the seat again.

1 person likes this.
  8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am about to go into the bathroom guys. First time this morning, hopefully there is a message for me.

I must say, in the past sometimes I will see that folded paper in the and I will push open the door and let it fall without even using the stall. Just to say, "You're really stupid, quit it you bastard."

Stay tuned...

9. patrickBOOTH

Just came back. Nothing. Could it be that the offender realizes he is being noticed and has scurried away for good?

I think I might miss him now...

10. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

This thread is fascinating.

[​IMG]

11. scientific

scientific Senior member

that's odd but fairly harmless. i'm pretty sure there's a guy on my floor who beats off at the urinal, either that or likes to shake his dick really violently. (heard this from a stall, multiple times.) not cool.

12. patrickBOOTH

I know everybody has been eagerly awaiting a resolution. Alas, with Style Forum down yesterday I made more trips to the bathroom than normal, but nothing. Today I am going to check other bathrooms to see if he moved his neurosis elsewhere. Not only did no message appear, the paper towel didn't either...

13. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

The suspense is killing me, how about you lie to keep this thread going.

14. Costanza

Costanza Senior member

+1

When I was a kid I had a landlady who used to go through my flat when I was out. I used a similar device to keep track of where she had been and when.

15. patrickBOOTH

I have heard that this is pretty common with older landlady's.

16. gort

gort Senior member

Damn it I want to know the answer.

17. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

:fu: You spooked him!

The hunt for resolution of this mystery is not completely back to the beginning, but it has certainly been set back and there is no one to blame but the fear and loathing of the hunted themselves.

18. patrickBOOTH

19. Logan

Logan Senior member

I just read this whole thread. Hilarious and I really hope something comes out of this. The suspense is killing me.

20. otc

otc Senior member

I tried again yesterday...it ended up on the floor as someone had pushed the door open.

Still not quite sure I see the point