• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

stick

Reaction score
Dayton customer service is pretty horrible. I ordered nubuck service boots and when I opened the box, this is what I got.
b11f3_clarks-originals-desert-boot.jpg

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stick
Dayton customer service is pretty horrible. I ordered nubuck service boots and when I opened the box, this is what I got.

b11f3_clarks-originals-desert-boot.jpg

That seems to be a very original looking pair of desert boots from Clarks

Curious_George

Reaction score
I'm surprised his came with the Clarks tag. I heard all future Clarks desert boots that Dayton produces would only have a Dayton stamp.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get it? Inside joke?

Sent from my Nexus S

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but those aren't the same boots as the wings+horns x daytons x clarks original desert boots, those have been distressed. the toe on these looks more bulbous.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally got a response that mine are ready and will be shipped on monday. i cant wait to get these and find out that they are sized incorrectly
facepalm.gif

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn

Sent from my Nexus S

just so you know when you post on your phone from tapatalk and select use signature, its actually not your signature but ~ Sent from my Nexus S

ya

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that was obvious? Why are you telling me this?
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
just so you know when you post on your phone from tapatalk and select use signature, its actually not your signature but ~ Sent from my Nexus S ya
Sent from my Nexus S

cloonz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn

Sent from my Nexus S

People were making a big deal about whether or not their soles had the W+H stamp.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ah okay.
just so everyone knows, i have the w+h stamp.

ZING!

norcal_indy

Reaction score
I received my charcoal nubuck boots yesterday but they're too small. The boots are a 10 and I normally wear 11-12.

Wolverine 1000 Miles and Alden Truebalance - 11D
CPs - 44 (no socks) 45 (w/socks)
MMM GAT - 45
Asics - 12

There's probably 1/8th of an inch extra room in the toe-box... I probably need to size up to a 10.5 or 11.

I submitted all the sizing measurements as well as comparables to Stephen over the phone and he recommended the 10. I'll call Dayton tomorrow to see if they can replace them unless anyone here has an 11 they'd want to trade for.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update that turns out mine weren't too big, just needed some breaking in.

Much more comfortable now, but may still blister my heel and arch if I walk for a couple hours.

They should be good after a couple months

Sent from my Nexus S

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im an 8.5D barrie/trubalance, 9 on the brannock device, and got a 8 in these.

Kayla from dayton said this: "Normally in Dayton's you will drop down one full size. If you were to come
into the store and tell me your regular size is a 9 I would put you into a size 8."

unfortunately, from all the chatter on here i think i may actually need a 7.5. we will see once these damn things ship ...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads