What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

brown are nice

2. irbe

irbe Senior member

Dam...I'm from Toronto too and I haven't got my boot yet...called and emailed them but they never get back at me with much of a response on the status of the boot.

EDIT: All of you that received your boots, did you get a tracking number sent to you by Dayton or anything?

Yep got tracking and I live in TO. Mine is waiting at home right now. Will post sizing when I get home.

3. reezy

reezy Senior member

Yep got tracking and I live in TO. Mine is waiting at home right now. Will post sizing when I get home.

Finally got a response from them, going to be shipped out in a couple of days [​IMG]

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

send them back for a replacement or refund.

this is good to know ... though id rather swap with someone stateside on sf if i need it

5. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

brown are nice
    Agreed. Those look just about perfect in my opinion. I just bought a pair of 8's in oiled brown. Hoping they fit okay with some insoles/wool socks.

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

Speaking as an outsider who didn't get in on this great discount, I'm really regretting not taking up Dayton on their promotion when it was still active. The boots look great, and the price is really something. It looks like there's been a lot of unhappiness over Dayton's slow and delayed shipping estimates, but the end results really do look worth it.

If anybody isn't happy with the boots that they received, shoot me a PM, and I'll take it off your hands.

I'm a size 9.5D on the Brannock, so I'm guessing an 8 for the Dayton boots. [​IMG]

7. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

Speaking as an outsider who didn't get in on this great discount, I'm really regretting not taking up Dayton on their promotion when it was still active. The boots look great, and the price is really something. It looks like there's been a lot of unhappiness over Dayton's slow and delayed shipping estimates, but the end results really do look worth it.

If anybody isn't happy with the boots that they received, shoot me a PM, and I'll take it off your hands.

I'm a size 9.5D on the Brannock, so I'm guessing an 8 for the Dayton boots. [​IMG]

I'll be sure to PM you if mine don't work out [​IMG].

8. ice86x

ice86x Senior member

So Dayton is no longer doing this or is this ongoing?

9. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

brown are nice
    They are pretty nice. I thought they would be more red in hue since they're supposed to be cherry or burgundy but in Crump's pics they look like the W+H brown.

10. irbe

irbe Senior member

Okay got my Munich black boots. I ordered a size 7.5 E
    for the record I'm:
    41 in Achilles low CP
    7.5 in Alden Indy trubalance

Size wise they are a little snug in the toe are and I have some heel slip. With regular socks (uniqlo) my toes are fine but I feel the heel slip. With THICK socks there is less heel slip but my toes feel crushed.

Anybody know I nubuck leather will stretch width wise? Going o try insoles to eliminate the heel slipping but afraid if I do this it will crunch my toes.

Weird thing is I ordered E but they are stamped EE. probably a mistake. Anyways i had a chance to reorder I would have went with 7 EE

11. swisschalet

swisschalet Well-Known Member

If anybody has an 8.5 that they are going to return, let me know if you want to sell them instead.

12. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I will be getting mine today. Size 8.5E. Will let u know how they fit. Got them in brown.

From the last few pictures, the colour of the leather(brown) seems pretty similar to those of w+h. Not as dark or burgundy like which blazin posted. Perhaps they got a new batch of leather looking more brown than burgundy...

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

I'll be sure to PM you if mine don't work out [​IMG].
    Sounds good. Hope it works out for you, but if not, I'll snatch them off your hands. [​IMG]

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Would like a pair in charcoal, 7.5, any width if someone wants to unload a pair.

15. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

I will be getting mine today. Size 8.5E. Will let u know how they fit. Got them in brown.

From the last few pictures, the colour of the leather(brown) seems pretty similar to those of w+h. Not as dark or burgundy like which blazin posted. Perhaps they got a new batch of leather looking more brown than burgundy...

His are the W+H variety and he also oiled them on his own.