• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Via PM:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mine was a Biblical quote.
eh.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I asked for a ******** and instead I got this:

I shall hold you to my bosom and suckle you from my warm teat-milk. And you shall grow fat and happy again, as I knew you once and will know you once more.

Sincerely,
Your kind and loving father

But I have to say, this shows promise.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Mr G

FLMountainMan

Originally Posted by origenesprit
I suppose I was thinking more CE and such than MC and SWD - Nobody consistently starts interesting threads in MC except for maybe Manton, and there isn't a single person who frequents SWD who isn't a gigantic diva.

edit: oh, wait, maybe Aeglus for SWD

Whoa. Thanks for the compliment!
blush.gif

I would love to contribute in some capacity, though I probably don't provide enough quality or frequency in MC for requirement number one. If there's anything I can do on the new site, mods, please let me know.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
eh.gif

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I asked for a ******** and instead I got this:

But I have to say, this shows promise.

I got none along any of those lines

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
There is actually going to be a partial technical fix for this.

Certain members are going to be "dubiously honored" with the ability to edit their own threads, thus allowing us to have focused, on topic threads, and motivating good contributors to post their knowledge, and keep the freewheeling feel of the forum. Right now, Manton and AHarris are the only definite members of this group. We will do a trial run before opening it up to more members.

If you guys have nominations, please send them to me. The qualifications are:
1) Good knowledge of MC or SW&D
2) Willingness to share their knowledge with with forum
3) Not a diva.

The third is important. You can all ask Andy about that.

As for the noob threads that are disrepectful of the culture of SF, I've given Mark free rein in MC. Mark is temperate and measured, and I trust him to find the balance between too much chaos and stultification.

DocHoliday seems like a good choice by knowledge and demenanor. Lawyerdad & FLMM( i refuse to type that name out ever) also seems like a good choices but I'm not sure how interested in clothing they are.
Do I still keep control of the secret Blackstyle forum?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira

And there isn't really anything to replace SF with. AAAC, SZ, SuFu all have decent user bases but they're far more specific

interesting observation. and what's aaac's specific user base?
devil.gif

Originally Posted by LA Guy
As for the noob threads that are disrepectful of the culture of SF, I've given Mark free rein in MC. Mark is temperate and measured, and I trust him to find the balance between too much chaos and stultification.

and I have to say emptym is doing a great job!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
jesuits, hell yeah!

Originally Posted by foodguy
manton is a very knowledgable guy and a great poster, except when he gets hot-headed. and maybe having the ability to keep people from dicking up some of his threads will help that out, too. I will say nothing about AB, MS, DC, whatever, except that that 7th-grade stuff is hard to pull off consistently.

I rarely go and laugh at you american fools in CE, so I wouldn't know how manton is there, but in MC (and DT) his posts are nothing but hot-headed.

Originally Posted by james_timothy
For MC there is DocHolliday- even tempered, vocal (>10,000 posts), and has fits I love to see. He did well for the time he was sheriff of conservative business dress.

I second that motion.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Via PM:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
eh.gif

lol8[1].gif
Thank god it wasnt just me
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Cool story bro. Please stop messaging me.
Originally Posted by Mister Shankbone
I have known many names in many years. The ancients knew me as Ba'al, some others as Ka'ani Ashram i'Hirtu. I have also been called Satan. You know me only as father.
AB//DC?
I kiss you and bid you good night, my beautiful boy! My darling child!
inlove.gif
What
TO MY BELOVED CHILDREN: Guard this place and keep it safe, my beautiful children, and wrap me forever more in the comforting blankets of your charity and good humour. I go now to distant lands in search of new peoples, new places, and new mountains to climb. I shall not return. Or, perhaps, I shall...but only when the tide has turned, and all spirits on the styling forums sing out once more in unison, demanding my reinstallation as enlightened and despotic god-king of these humble fora. On that blessed day -- if ever that day should come -- I will clutch each of you to my bountiful teat and suckle you from my delicious milk until your bellies have grown fat and contended. Until then, I remain, Your wise and nurturing father, Dr. Julius Percivale Shankbone, Esq.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I'd be happy to help out in any capacity. The only drawback is that I really don't post on weekends.

do not worry about that. weekends are pretty slow around here for the most part, except sometimes sat. night is jumpin

Originally Posted by acidboy
I second that motion.

3rd

i would also nominate this dude named spoopoker in MC.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
interesting observation. and what's aaac's specific user base?
devil.gif

Tailored clothing. SZ would be "gothninja" designer and SuFu isn't really that into clothing except for superdenim these days anyway.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK I was thinking, something that may improve SF and certainly wouldn't hurt it, would be, say, a moratorium on starting new threads in DT. Maybe that'll reduce some of the clutter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads