• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

SLAB

Reaction score
just filled in my options
- antique edge trim
- double oiled waterlock soles
- 360° storm welt
- perforated cap toe

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, someone real CLASSY messed with the sheet.
It's **** like that that makes me a staunch believer in forced sterilization.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggie_Robs
Looks like someone trashed the Whiskey Indy spreadsheet.
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Wow, someone real CLASSY messed with the sheet. It's **** like that that makes me a staunch believer in forced sterilization.
There are some little boys in the S&D forum. Not to worry. I went through the revision history and reset it to how it was earlier today. I've also locked it so people with a Gmail account can view and edit it by invitation only. If you're already on the list and have a Gmail account, let me know and I'll send you an invitation. For those of you who do not, PM me and I'll make the changes for you. - K

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
There are some little boys in the S&D forum. Not to worry. I went through the revision history and reset it to how it was earlier today. I've also locked it so anyone can view it, but only I can update it. For those of you already on the list, if you have a Gmail account, let me know and I'll send you an invite to be able to edit it as well. For those of you who do not, PM me and I'll make the changes for you.

- K

Sorry, I just don't suffer fools very well
eh.gif

Aquaphor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Count me in for this one if it ever comes to be. That is my favorite style of shoe that Alden makes. I think it loks best on the Plaza last.

So...

Five eyelet perforated straight tip balmoral shoe:
Ravello shell, Plaza last, blind eyelets, Antiqued edging, 270 degree flat welt, Leather sole or Flexwelt, or double waterlock

ninja07

Reaction score
I'd be interested in MTO06 Cigar cap toe boot with commando sole Grant last. I'll be checking for updates.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquaphor
So...

Five eyelet perforated straight tip balmoral shoe:
Ravello shell, Plaza last, blind eyelets, Antiqued edging, 270 degree flat welt, Leather sole or Flexwelt, or double waterlock

I agree with everything you put, except for the sole, I would prefer the standard leather sole to the flex welt/oiled leather sole. I could either do a thick single leather sole or a double leather sole on this one. Too bad Alden doesn't do a bevelled waist on any of their soles.

Aquaphor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I agree with everything you put, except for the sole, I would prefer the standard leather sole to the flex welt/oiled leather sole. I could either do a thick single leather sole or a double leather sole on this one. Too bad Alden doesn't do a bevelled waist on any of their soles.

Yeah regular leather sole would be good. Are standard Alden leather soles double or single?

enigma77

Reaction score
Yeah regular leather sole would be good. Are standard Alden leather soles double or single?
Double is more common, but they'll do single as well.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the style. For example, double is more common on bluchers and boots, single is more common on balmorals (like the make-up we are talking about).

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Ravello things look sweet... But I don't know **** about all the options you guys are talking about. Could someone enlighten me? Can also shoot me a PM if that's easier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads