1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by kgmessier, Jun 6, 2011.

1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

There are some little boys in the S&D forum. Not to worry. I went through the revision history and reset it to how it was earlier today. I've also locked it so anyone can view it, but only I can update it. For those of you already on the list, if you have a Gmail account, let me know and I'll send you an invite to be able to edit it as well. For those of you who do not, PM me and I'll make the changes for you.

- K

Sorry, I just don't suffer fools very well [​IMG]

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Sorry, I just don't suffer fools very well [​IMG]
    Nor should you. [​IMG]

3. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

Count me in for this one if it ever comes to be. That is my favorite style of shoe that Alden makes. I think it loks best on the Plaza last.

So...

Five eyelet perforated straight tip balmoral shoe:
    Ravello shell, Plaza last, blind eyelets, Antiqued edging, 270 degree flat welt, Leather sole or Flexwelt, or double waterlock

4. flyinpig

flyinpig Member

I'd like to included for the Ravello Captoe boots on the Barrie last.

5. ninja07

ninja07 Senior member

I'd be interested in MTO06 Cigar cap toe boot with commando sole Grant last. I'll be checking for updates.

6. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

So...

Five eyelet perforated straight tip balmoral shoe:
    Ravello shell, Plaza last, blind eyelets, Antiqued edging, 270 degree flat welt, Leather sole or Flexwelt, or double waterlock

I agree with everything you put, except for the sole, I would prefer the standard leather sole to the flex welt/oiled leather sole. I could either do a thick single leather sole or a double leather sole on this one. Too bad Alden doesn't do a bevelled waist on any of their soles.

7. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

I agree with everything you put, except for the sole, I would prefer the standard leather sole to the flex welt/oiled leather sole. I could either do a thick single leather sole or a double leather sole on this one. Too bad Alden doesn't do a bevelled waist on any of their soles.

Yeah regular leather sole would be good. Are standard Alden leather soles double or single?

8. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Yeah regular leather sole would be good. Are standard Alden leather soles double or single?
    Double is more common, but they'll do single as well.

9. commodorewheeler

It depends on the style. For example, double is more common on bluchers and boots, single is more common on balmorals (like the make-up we are talking about).

10. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Those Ravello things look sweet... But I don't know shit about all the options you guys are talking about. Could someone enlighten me? Can also shoot me a PM if that's easier.

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Those Ravello things look sweet... But I don't know shit about all the options you guys are talking about. Could someone enlighten me? Can also shoot me a PM if that's easier.

well it might better to post here to help educate everyone on the different options

12. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

The "ravello things" are nice. What do you mean specifically by "options"? Are you talking about the different possible makeups, or the choices on those makeups? Examples of this are types of leathers, welts, eyelets, soles, edge trim choices and color of stitching just to name a few.

13. kevin r

kevin r Member

Just registered to express my interest in the Ravello Captoe Boot, preferably on the Barrie.

14. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

Posted in the other thread already but will reiterate support for Ravello cap toe.
    Prefer barrie and actually prefer non punched cap.

15. commodorewheeler

Which options do you want to know more about? I'd be happy to bring you up to speed.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

17. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

The "ravello things" are nice. What do you mean specifically by "options"? Are you talking about the different possible makeups, or the choices on those makeups? Examples of this are types of leathers, welts, eyelets, soles, edge trim choices and color of stitching just to name a few.

Well, this actually. There is a lot involved when it comes to "configuration". And I don't know half about it...

For instance, what is a last and what is a Barry? :p

My English is quite good, but this goes beyond the limit of my understanding.

By the way, when I searched for the Ravello on the internet, only some lowtops were shown, not even close to the thing posted in the first post.

18. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[​IMG]

mmm

I'd be down with something like this on the Aberdeen in cigar.

19. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

I'd be interested in a Ravello cap toe boot...

20. commodorewheeler

Well, this actually. There is a lot involved when it comes to "configuration". And I don't know half about it...

For instance, what is a last and what is a Barry? :p

My English is quite good, but this goes beyond the limit of my understanding.

By the way, when I searched for the Ravello on the internet, only some lowtops were shown, not even close to the thing posted in the first post.

A last is a wooden form that a shoe is built on. It pretty much determines the shape of the shoe, so if you are requesting a specific last, you are requesting a specific shape for your shoe.

"Barrie" is the name of one of the more popular Alden lasts. It is a wider round toe last that looks good on casual boots, and it fits about a half size big compared to your actual foot measurement.